Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kovalchuck watch

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As has been said pretty much everywhere, Boston or LA. The only teams with the picks and prospects to get him out of there. I don't think he'll resign for that much money, but to stay in Atlanta I think he wanted the max. I would too.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trades done! Kov to Toronto for Kaberle, Schenn, and seven 2nd rounders...Atlanta was looking for a forward but Toronto has none. Hot off the press. WOW total blindside

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trades done! Kov to Toronto for Kaberle, Schenn, and seven 2nd rounders...Atlanta was looking for a forward but Toronto has none. Hot off the press. WOW total blindside

I am sorry I don't respond well to people who cheer for teams that got shut-out by the Coilers

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks now in the mix....

How? Gillis is loathe to give up picks or prospects, and I highly doubt he'd give them up for a rental player either. Add that to the fact Kovalchuk wants huge money if he did stay, I would have a hard time paying him more then the Sedin's who last time I checked are ahead of him in points. Can't see us being in the mix.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How? Gillis is loathe to give up picks or prospects, and I highly doubt he'd give them up for a rental player either. Add that to the fact Kovalchuk wants huge money if he did stay, I would have a hard time paying him more then the Sedin's who last time I checked are ahead of him in points. Can't see us being in the mix.

Just telling you what sources say....same can be said for the Blackhawks my friend

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

BUT...would you consider a sign and trade deal? Maybe throw back some rentals of our own in Demitra and add a Mayson Raymond + Schneider + a 2nd round Draft pick? I mean come on, the dude is a scoring machine and fairly durable too...Imagine the havoc he would wreak...on our SECOND LINE! Kovalchuk, Kesler and anybody = wow...I would love to have him on the Canucks. Just fantasizing about having another Bure type razzler dazzler :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BUT...would you consider a sign and trade deal? Maybe throw back some rentals of our own in Demitra and add a Mayson Raymond + Schneider + a 2nd round Draft pick? I mean come on, the dude is a scoring machine and fairly durable too...Imagine the havoc he would wreak...on our SECOND LINE! Kovalchuk, Kesler and anybody = wow...I would love to have him on the Canucks. Just fantasizing about having another Bure type razzler dazzler :D

Yes, I would, but Don Waddell has came out and said no one can talk to Kovalchuk therefore nixing the sign and trade option. Plus why would they want Schneider? Atlanta actually has goaltending prospects so they wouldn't need more. It's the signing thing though, as he can't make more than the Sedin's, but if he'd sign for $5.5M, that would be amazing.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now here I am wondering how bonus incentives work with all the cap restrictions...could you pay someone X amount with an additional Y amount in bonuses not part of the cap hit should he meet certain criteria like scoring 40+ goals, 100+ points etc...Realistically I don't think the Canucks will get Kovalchuk but hey...never say never.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ESPN reporting the fcuking Devils have acquired him...FCUK! The rich just keep getting richer...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0