Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knight Summer League

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glory Days

Ah yes...I remember it like it was yesterday...The QE boys had a collection of N. Delta and Surrey Youth players. The big game was at their home park and the field was lined with fans on both sides. Similar to the Guildford Celtics defeat of the favored N. Delta squad in the Sun Cup final in 1978, the Celtic-laden North Surrey Spartans squad slew the Goliath of the high school soccer world.:eek:

I like to remind Ballbaby of that day once in a while:p :D

pumper

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
N.S. Sucks !!!!

P.U. tied the Storm 2-2 , with the Storm evening it up with 30 seconds left in regulation time.....we won in pk's if that means anything :rolleyes:
Good game all and all........but we should have salted it away well before then.........but we missed many sitters...( Dobbin ;) )
The Storm are good........but when all the boys for P.U. showed up for once the Storm clearly showed their age... We should have won 5-1 in all honesty :eek:
I wish we could show how good we are for the rest of the summer, but I know we will suffer more bad defeats due to many quality players being unavaiable for much of the summer.
Good final for the Cup would be P.U. vs the Rangers however if we both make it that far :confused:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seaquam shootout

Death to Glenn Ferraro..........
Pumper that is absolute quality.:D
Ahhh, memories.

Last night:
Rangers 5 Lions 4
Yes folks, that was the score.
Talk about a tale of two halves.
We're up 3-0 at half.
We go up 4-0 after 46 minutes - no shite.
Then, the whole thing changed.
Kudos to the little pussy cats for coming back.
I mean if that game went 5 minutes longer.......

Joely: cheers for lending me the keeper's jersey - class.

I think you and I both need the Aloe Vera for our necks today. :cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was moderator of this thread I would change the title to "Tales From The Hasbeens" of which I am one. High school soccer from 20 years ago? I don't even wnat to think about it. Now that you guys have raised the issue, I would like to point out that I still have my hair and I can still fit into the same shorts. Rangerforever, you WERE a great looking specimen of a man, with lots of hair, and a svelte torso. The only thing that has lots of hair now is your shower floor.............and your back. hehehe:D

Pumper, you keep breastfeeding and recalling the good ole days when you had to tape those sensitive nipples from those awfully abrasive jerseys. Thank goodness it hasn't effected the lactation efficiency. ;)

Aves, you are simply a wanker. You were then and you are now. Guildford Celtics, Guildford Celtics! Bah! A collection of Wops with a mouthy red headed Scotsman in the backline. Can you imagine? No wonder why no one would get near you. :rolleyes:

Rangerforever, remember how we were both dumped by the same gal? She played us like a fiddle. Not that I minded. Yourself?

To stay on topic, isn't the Knight Soccer League full of a bunch of hasbeens? hehehehe :p

The memories.:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Glory Days

Originally posted by Aves

I like to remind Ballbaby of that day once in a while:p :D

Hurling insults does not rewrite the history books balls.;) ..The Guildford Celtics eventually fell behind the talented N. Delta boys as we grew up , but we always owned the Pegios/Grantham Surrey youth lads.:p :D :D
I'm surprised you survived that era with your self esteem intact...or did you??:rolleyes:

whatdoesntkillusmakesusstonger:cool:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hair is highly overrated

Originally posted by Ballbaby

Rangerforever, remember how we were both dumped by the same gal? She played us like a fiddle. Not that I minded. Yourself?

To stay on topic, isn't the Knight Soccer League full of a bunch of hasbeens? hehehehe :p

More like playing the skin flute.
Actually, I didn't mind at all - you were the one getting sloppy seconds.

Fcuking slut

I personally think this league has to be 50% has beens and 50% never will bes. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Royals 8, Delta Lions 0.

Hot night, and Delta took a stupid red card something like 2 minutes into the game. We just played keep-away for the final 88 minutes. It didn’t help that they were playing flat at the back, and our strikers & wingers just ran through it.

Next up: Storm / Royals re-match. Should be fun! :D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two weeks on the bounce

We had our game cancelled again first last week it was gn sporting club, but we were able to arrange a game against the storm witch we won in spotters. Now this week sikh temple cancelled, and we were notified at 6 pm on wednesday night, Fcuking lovely hey. Hell we played a game with eight lads a few weeks back after the may long tourney, on a tuesday no less. I think we want the points, what do you think?:confused:

pumper

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My one night out a week ruined :mad: , oh well Pete came over for a bbq and a few beers, my kid is digging his action, can't stop
smiling at him:(

For clarification, if we are the "has been's" why didn't the Greek
play with us this summer :rolleyes: oh yeah he is a ..........
"never been":D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday bail.

Cainy:

I can understand sportsmanship and postponing matches for some reasons.
Beginning of the year, teams getting settled, special circumstances (deaths, wedding rehersals,etc.).
We caught some last minute compassion from our Royals on opening day of the season as we were in complete disarray after the BCs.
I never really did understand why you lot didn't ask for a wee break in advance after Kelowna.
But at this point in the season there is no excuse unless a bit more than a day's warning/requests are made.
Surrey U. bailed on us last week at the last minute, I fcuking hope we're nicking the points, in fact I'm sure we did.
I say take the points.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cancelling

Funny how Surrey United seems to be hurting for players. I've had 3 guys from their VMSL 2nd div team (pretty good players who'd fit in with the Knights league team- probably help them) call me looking for playing time, because they don't have a summer team.

SU- get your act together!

(I guess I can expect some sort of retaliation from MF through his puppet now.)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.S.

To whoever we play Thursday:

We have to bail and must postpone.

Why?

Nah-nah........It's the Rangers Magical Mystery Tour......Nah-nah....

Ahhh, three days of 100% pure piss-take golfing with the lads.

Oh, and it's also a planning retreat too.
We must carefully, meticulously plan out our strategic position for the forthcoming year.

Third straight Pak Cup is in the making already. :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just a thought

hey everyone.....here's an idea.

why don't we just cancell/postpone all the games this summer, and just play them on our Tues./Thurs. training days during the Fall season?? :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals / Storm re-match

Good game last night @ NAP: Royals 2, Storm 1. This one wasn’t nearly as chippy as the game a couple of weeks ago. For the most part, pretty clean. The pace was high all game, the passing crisp…we put on a pretty good show for the fans. This despite neither team had any subs, and spent a good deal each playing one man down. The Storm tallied first midway through the 1st on some nice work in the box by Carson, who assisted. Can’t recall who scored; I think it was Sandro. We scored with about 2 minutes left in the half, on a nice passing sequence finished by Shaun Perry, one of our keepers who were playing out. We got the winner with about 10 left in the second when Paul Jordan received the ball in the box, and showed great composure in slotting the ball.

Kudos to both keepers: Garesh from the Storm, and Housearrest for us. Both guys played well, and at times made mind-boggling stops. On a couple of occasions, both looked to be cleanly beat, but somehow got over to make saves. Unbelievable stuff! I tell you, call Housearrest KFC all you want- this kid is the real deal.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Royals / Storm re-match

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Can’t recall who scored; I think it was Sandro.

Oh, there's a shock.
That guy's back must be killing him.:rolleyes:
Well done Dude.

Did somebody just say KFC?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
perfect doubleheader

Summer league followed by beers, followed by World Cup England vs. Brazil @11:30...the only thing sweeter would be an England win:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings

We apparently played last week and won with 9 or 10 guys.
I seriously thought we'd postponed.

Anyhoow, does anyone know what the tables look like for this league?

Not that we're in the hunt for any hardware.:p

Just curious,

RF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0