Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Millar Provincial B Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also just got a call from someone petitioning me to call Uppal and Thomas to request the spot, but I'm not going to bother canvassing our guys, as a new team member and 2 of our guys that would be eligible are at the new team members wedding on Saturday, and our best midfielder is still rehabbing the injury he sustained in the semi vs the FVRD's

oh well... good luck to whoever fills that spot.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just spoke to Jag from FVRDs and they are playing...some of the rumours came from the fact that the PDL Abby team has 2 home games this weekend and a few of the better FVRD players have to decide where to play...PDL home or Provincials. Looks like FVRDs are going to be real short...But they are comeing and hopefully do well.
Good luck to them...To bad the PCSL and the PDL dont give to shtis about any other leagues and book games around important events that were advertized a year ago...
Nations Cup ,Provincials both are important to players yet the Leagues dont even recognize the importants of them to the players..No one should have to choose.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to them...To bad the PCSL and the PDL dont give to shtis about any other leagues and book games around important events that were advertized a year ago...
LOL!

Classic Ghouse MO - speak highly of a league until things don't go your way and throw them under the bus at the first opportunity.

:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs....WTF are you talking about ..I like the leagues yet there is always room for improvement....Just like your site...

LOL..your such a dick

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 3 - VicWest 1

Game was pretty even to begin with, teams feeling eachother our for the first 15. The last 25 minutes of the first half Guildford played a little better, and grabbed the late first half goal. The goal seemed to bother vicwest for the strat of the second, and Guildford got 2 quick ones to make it 3-0. After though, Vic had a good strech of about 20 minutes in which they put the pressure on, and were unlucky not to get one or two of their own. Vic grabbed a conselation goal on a pk in the last 5 minutes to finish it off 3-1.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went up 10 min in and about 5 min after that a stupid knee drop to a guy who charged our keeper got us a Red and gave them a PK...1-1 down a guy till they scored in the 95min...were out..well not mathematically but ...it will take alot of help from everyone else and we need to be perfect the rest of the way and score more goals...like i said were out.

Any officials ..Question...if our Keeper has the ball and laying on it...a player slides in and hits our keeper...and our defender knee drops the forward for slideing in....Yes a Red ..but is it a PK too...I only ask because our Keeper had full control of the ball and the play was dead..I mean no scoreing chance...Just a Knee to the back after the play...Just seemed funny...maybe the correct call? i dont know...anyone?

Stupid idiot anyways for knee dropping a guy...in Provincials..15 min into the game...what a fukin Idiot.
we did so well even with 10 for 75 min....frack!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did the ref already blow the whistle for a foul on the guy who slid into your keeper? If not, then there was no foul......and yes, it should have been a penalty.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 1 - HNK Vatreni 2 - ACBC owned this game and should have pulled out a win. But ref called a straight red (which should have been at the most a yellow) on ACBC CB on play after the whistle then awards a penalty kick. This is where it got confusing because the infraction occured after the whistle and then HNK was given a PK. Most thought it would be a direct freekick within the box. How does that translate into a penalty kick? Any refs open to this question. Anyways, linesmen and the ref were out to lunch, they dropped the ball on the call and affected this game. With a man down, HNK was a solid decent team, did all the basics well and kept ACBC to only a few chances. Then HNK scores in the last minute of play which looked like an offside. Definitely with another man ACBC pulls the win out. But HNK was definitely one of the stronger teams in the competition.

On a sidenote, holy siht, Jason Jordan has packed on some weight, he looks like he is about to collapse on the field, can't see his knees, the biggest player with biggest stomach by far in the Club Inter v. Gordonhead game. Kind of sad. A warming up Club Inter player overheard us talking about an overweight player and he looked over and said "Jason Jordan". Anyone who knows Jason Jordan on this website, hook him up to P90X. Kind of sad to see an ex-Whitecap player look like that just after playing on the Whitecaps 2 years ago and winning a USL championship.

Anyways, should be a couple interesting games tomorrow.

flaren

Nov 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blah blah blah!!! ACBC dominated this game, that's the same thing all 20 teams we defeated this year said after they lost to us. Your player kicked our guy, clear red card. Sure you guys might have had more position, but didn't create any great chances. As for our second goal. Our player recieved the ball touched by two of your defenders and then rounded your goalie, not sure how u got offside on that one.

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 1 - HNK Vatreni 2 - ACBC owned this game and should have pulled out a win. But ref called a straight red (which should have been at the most a yellow) on ACBC CB on play after the whistle then awards a penalty kick. This is where it got confusing because the infraction occured after the whistle and then HNK was given a PK. Most thought it would be a direct freekick within the box. How does that translate into a penalty kick? Any refs open to this question.

I'll explain how the referee saw it. A through ball that the HNK player was running on to and the ACBC keeper was coming out for. The keeper gets to the ball just before the HNK player and collects the ball, the HNK player fouls him, but the keeper has possession and the ref (me) says play on, you've got possession. The HNK player had bounced off the keeper and was laying on the ground and the ACBC defender kicks him in the back. I call a penalty for the kick and red card the defender. If I had any idea the defender was going to kick the player, I would have called the first foul, sent the guy off for the kick and there wouldn't have been a PK, but as the ball was still in play (no whistle) when he went brain dead I wasn't left with any option. I hadn't blown the whistle before the defender kicked the forward and please explain to me what a "direct free kick within the box" is other than a penalty kick. And kicking a player in the back isn't " at the most a yellow" it's serious foul play, which is a red.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hamburglar.........surely you're taking the piss or a typo........

Most thought it would be a direct freekick within the box.

Newsflash......a direct freekick inside the box is a penalty kick. :confused:

Was there a whistle when the player made contact with the goalie?

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was bizarre. Like I said, if I had known the defender was going to do what he did I would have called the foul, but in the interest of keeping a flow to the game, the keeper had possession so keep playing. I hadn't blown the whistle so was I supposed to go back and call the original foul because the defender kicked the guy?

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hamburglar.........surely you're taking the piss or a typo........

Most thought it would be a direct freekick within the box.

Newsflash......a direct freekick inside the box is a penalty kick. :confused:

Was there a whistle when the player made contact with the goalie?

My bad an indirect free kick.

It was definitely a bizarre play. But from how i saw it, the infraction happened after the player was down on the ground, and after the collision with the keeper. Even if it was a red, i was thinking it would have been a indirect free kick because the play happened after the infraction. Anyways, i'm kind of curious to hear some refs interpretation on the situation whether it would be a PK or Indirect freekick. Definitely was a strange situation.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how any ref could 'interpret' it differently than what the ref has explained here?

There was no whistle blown until the ACBC player kicked the opposing player. That's a direct free-kick foul under any circumstances and since it is in the box, a PK.

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 2 - Dragons 5

What a strange game. First half was even, Dragons score off a large mistake by Guildford. After half, Dragons go up quickly 3-0. However, even at this time, its hard to say that Guildford didnt deserve to be at least tied as they had numerous chances left to waste. I havent been in a 5-2 game in which I felt we should have tied or won the game..real weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0