Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Tourney Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Treviso 3 vs Friuli 2

This game could have been a complete wipeout of Friuli if Jason could have popped in his 4 breaks in the first 20 minute. Favaro opened the scoring in the first 5 minutes and other than the missed opportunities we fell asleep and let them tie it up.
It was a very poorly played game with lots of open space. Just before half time Oliviero gave Treviso the lead. In the 2nd half it was pretty much the same with Treviso not capitalizing on some opportunities as well as Friuli. Treviso finally hit again on the counter attack as Jason sent Oliviero through on another break and calmy chipped the keeper for his second of the game.
Fruili got a break when we gave up our third PK in as many games. Kindel nearly had that one.
Bruno and Kindel had great games for Treviso and also # 10 for Friuli.

Hey Bitch what was your out take on the game, juat waiting for you report:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated Standings

****************** GP....W..L...T......F....A...........Pts Catanzaro........................4.....3...0...0....11...4...........9
Treviso.............................3.....2...1...0.....9....4...........6
Puglia...............................4.....2...2...0....15...8...........6
Veneto.............................2.....1...0...1.....5....2...........4
Campania........................2......1...0...1....2....0...........4
Abruzzo...........................3......1...2...0....1....5...........3
Calabria...........................3......1...2...0....4....11.........3
Friuli.................................3......0...3...3....2....13.........0

darkangel

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

great couple of goals last night! what happened to the hat trick though?

maybe if your back wasn't so heavy from carrying T.A. you might have got the 3rd!

T.A. you say you always carry him, i think you might have to pick up your game.............................

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great win by Catz

Who did you guys play???

I dont think Abruzz was at the right park.

HOS, feel free to bug White Shoes Roberts.
....yes, they were more like Cement SHoes Roberts.

Jimmy Holiday with two goals to lift his team to victory. His first went in off Gebbie, and his second was clinically placed into the bottom corner from a tough angle....with his left, no less.

We pressed late in the game and Ryan scored to put the game well out of reach.

Full marks on the win, we need to re-group and look to our next Match against Calabria.

Both Calabria and Abruzz are in need of the win, so it should be a high intesity game...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appy

Just wanna say you were very lucky to not cross my path last night.
Well done on avoiding me.

Especially when you guys went up 2-0 and the game was done, because I WAS looking for you...

:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't Give White Shoes a Hard Time, I let in a Stinker First Goal

I think white shoes had a classic, I saw the stud marks on his leg, nice touch Chris.

As for our game, after the shite first goal, we actually played a bit, with Tee and Sarge doing well in the middle and Friuli getting a few chances up front and from the mid-field. We gave up a few too many balls in the back and mid-field that resulted in 3 or 4 good chances for the young lad up front, he however could not buy one.

Side note: The young guy up front was told a few times to tuck his shirt in by Rene the Ref, who did a good job on the day. Well eventualy the young guy got to Rene with his yapping, and Rene did a Classic. He told the kid to go off the park for one whistle, and then let him back on after he sat off for a couple of minutes.

I like this idea of sending a guy off for a couple of minutes to cool down instead of giving him a yellow card that may lead to a red later in the game. This is done in Rugby, when a guy gets out of hand, and it seems to work in that sport. I don't agree with Rene on many things but that was a good move.

Second Half: We lost Tee and Sarge due to soccer school commitments, but gained Walters in the 2nd half. We really pushed at the begining of that half, which came back to bit us because we gave up a few brake-aways that cost us one goal.

Better performance than the weeks before, with some huge games ahead. Must try to get past Calabria or Abbrutz, so I guess those are going to be some great battles in the next couple of weeks.

Why is the dinner this Saturday? How many TTPers will be there?

HOSmaybringoutWhiteShoes:eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cat v Abruzzo

Big win for us last night against a depleted Abruzzo squad...Didn't realize until after the game that they were missing Tempest and Weavers.

Evrybody that played for Cat yesterday had a good game.... when the subs came in they played really well especially Anthony on the right Back. . Tony M did really well to finish his chances and the guys in the center of the park did a great job distributing the ball. Our backline was solid and D'Onofrio made life miserable for Rossi. Trevor was not tested much but made a great stop late in the second half.

It seemed like Abruzzo didnt have the urgency to try to get back in the game....Most of their possession was moving the ball from side to side in their back end and balls being pumped in from Center. Alot of diving from the two guys up front and Christians constant flops were a little over the top. Their Keeper played ell and had no chance on any of the goals. They have a good team and I think they will hammer Calabria next week with a full squad.

Fil, I was waiting for you.......:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat v Abruzzo

Originally posted by The Apprentice
[B
Fil, I was waiting for you.......:rolleyes: [/B]

Waiting in the out skirts maybe...
come into my world, and you wouldn't have lasted a minute.:mad:
Although, you were the only one to get up from your semi-break- away....I bet you were just as suprised of the parting of the sea as I was.
Roberts did well to get stuck in

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat v Abruzzo

Originally posted by The Apprentice
Big win for us last night against a depleted Abruzzo squad...Didn't realize until after the game that they were missing Tempest and Weavers.

Yes, we were missing some key players...you forgot about Mollica...that is no excuse though.
The rest of us didn't step up...no intensity.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roberts had a shocker

The boots have to go!!!!!!!! I have no idea what happened on that give away at Center. If he got hit , it didnt look like much and it turned out to be a costly play.

Pippo, Sensed alot of turmoil brewing within the A-Bar camp......any confirmation?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Comment

Although,
there was obvious bickering going on during the game.

We will get our act together...
It is just taking a few more games than normal.

We have yet to score a goal in three games!!!:eek:
Only one on a peno.

I think we need more pizza to settle the troops!

Roberts, yeah I was bugging him about that.
Was it a foul. Probably. But I think with all the diving everyone was doing, his was the worst attempt at trying to sell the foul, and the ref didn't buy it.
That being said, it was a foul.
Poor lady, she was getting it from every angle.
I am pretty sure I saw Holiday winking at her quite a bit

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catz 3 Abruzzo 0

We came out strong and scored 2 early which resulted in us being a little more hesitant in attacking.Abruzzo wasnt on top of their game and failed to create much at all.Our boys played well at times and got 3 points off a quality side that will be there in the end(like they usually are).Next up,the mighty Venetians.

Fil

I think she liked me,but Pete Briggs was asking her out during the game.;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed a little nervousness in the back room after portugal was defeated by Italy...The professore was in shambles due to the game and was admitted to hospital @ 1:11 am due to complications. There is no word on his return to the sidelines Sun. but at this point it seems very unlikely.

The Elite also have moved up spots and have to be considered the favorites to win the World Tour Championship.

professor

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
t.a, rumours have it the elite are calling a emergency meeting tonight to see if they are going to kick you out because your car was spoted outside the backroom......i want a rematch i was off my game.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backroom

TA

The BACKROOM and the elite don't mix.Dont' try to come there undercover trying to get useful information for your little homo group.

Its about as compatible as a WOP playing for Surrey United,they just don't mix:eek:

GET IT HOMO

Professor

How the hell do you let a punk like that come in the BACKROOM and show you up!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont try to copy my posts by bolding words and using small font. And for the phrase ...GET IT!!! try coming up with your own , you little HO.

When and where me and the professor get together to battle in world tour soccer is none of your buisness. The main thing is that you werent there so it made for a good night.

GET IT!!!!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA

Sorry, you self proclaimed "TTP ICON",thanks for all your guidance on the ins and outs on this site :rolleyes:

Go play out in the hicks with Knvb and the boys.

As for the BACKROOM,even if I'm not there my presence is always felt.GET IT!

GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT :D

HOMO!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a though

T.A. was at the Backroom????

I though he got a life time ban from there after an incident last year....

Actually, it is starting to make sense now.

hmmmmmmmmm

:eek: :confused: :D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the prof.....

What happened did TA give you a lesson in the backroom. The way you were talking you were unstopable.

A big win for us last night. We have clinched a playoff spot and hopefully can take the league with a couple more wins.

Fil,

You gotta tell your brother in law to change the boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0