Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Tourney Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
puglia had a very poor result losing 5-3
they were down 5 when pug finally woke up and slotted a few
veneto should have got killed by pug but they couldn't buy a goal
goals scored by pug frank, vince, giovanni

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by 2pallini
veneto should have got killed by pug but they couldn't buy a goal

I don't get this. First, the grammatical structure makes it unclear as to who couldn't buy the goals - Veneto or Puglia. See, because, when both teams combine to score eight goals....well.....it makes the claim that either team needed to buy goals in the first place rather moot. You catch my drift? If you're scoring goals, there's no real need to buy them. If anything, it seems as though defense should be on the top of the shopping list. Hope that was helpful.

I wasn't even in attendance but I heard this was a pretty wide-open game. I can't recall the last time we've potted five in a match, or jumped out to a 5-0 lead for that matter. I understand Zambrano played well between the pipes until his ejection with about 15 minutes to go. Could his strong performance be the end of my illustrious goaltending career in the Italian Leauge? Tune in next week to Veneto FC: The Saga Continues, live from Adanac Park in sunny Vancouver, BC.

Benched?
-Sensei.

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was trying to say puglia couldn't buy a goal with all the chances they had. only in the late stages the game opened up obviously they were down by 5 goals

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catanzaro 3 Friuli 0

It was an absolutely gorgeous day to play soccer,we scored early in the first half and played some decent soccer.Next up the mighty Abruzzese!

Demolition

Yes,Treviso did look very strong yesterday,definately a team to be reckoned with.

Sensei
Could his strong performance be the end of my illustrious goaltending career in the Italian Leauge? Tune in next week to Veneto FC: The Saga Continues, live from Adanac Park in sunny Vancouver, BC.

Well at least you'll get the nod next game for sure seeing that he got ejected(what a shock) ;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Senseless Report...

Jimbo,

Only after re-reading my own post did I realize that Zambrano's uncharacteristic ejection (odd for such a composed player) meant a one-game stay of execution for my I-Tie career. Of course, we don't play for like two weeks. I'll be on pins and needles for 14 days now.

Some interesting results this past week-end. Can anyone confirm the final score from the Abrutz-Campania game? I've heard it was 2-buzz for CamPan, a game "filled with chungers" according to my bro. The standings below have been filled in with the assumption that CamPan won the game 2-nil.

As for HOS and his Friuli counterparts - I've seen slow starts before, but zero goals for and eight against in two games is downright ugly. I never count these guys out (they had a crap start last season and ran the table all the way to the final), but they're already a quarter of the way through the regular season and they haven't found the back of the net yet. Although I assume a lot of the poor start has to do with missing bodies. Is another magical turnaround in the cards?

Calabria getting whacked 5-1 was a bit of a shocker. I anticipated a much closer game - Trevisio are a talented side, but after watching the Calab backline shut out a pretty good Catanzaro attack the week before, I didn't figure they'd get torched for five goals. Treviso must have found their goalscoring touch after getting blanked last Sunday.

Here are The Senseless Report's unofficial standings through the first two weeks of play.

1)Catanzaro - 2W, 1L - 6pts
2)Campania - 1W, 1T - 4pts
2)Veneto - 1W, 1T - 4pts
4)Abruzzo - 1W, 1L - 3pts
4)Calabria - 1W, 1L - 3pts
4)Treviso - 1W, 1L - 3pts
7)Puglia - 1W, 2L - 3pts
8)Friuli - 0W, 2L - 0pts

Out.
-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sundays Action

I was surprised to here that Puglia was losing 5-0 to Veneto...Its hard to imagine Veneto even scoring 2 goals let alone 5.

We dominated the game vs Friuli yesterday...After we went up a couple we played some nice soccer and kept the ball away from the Friulans for some long periods of time. Jimmy "White" Lightning" Holiday, played well:rolleyes: The ceo of the league also played well coming out of the back and scoring the second goal....I'd like to thank Latore for the invite.

Campania vs Abruzzo was a pretty dirty game with a couple of players showing their dislike for one another....resulting in a red for Pete Rose. Super Pippo dissapeared.....maybe a basketball game ?????;)
Campan's backline played solid and the Goalie made some key saves....he moves well for a big guy.

In the other game Calabria looked surprised by Treviso and couldnt get back into the game after Treviso opened the scoring...Favaro played a hell of a game and Calabs sure missed Andrew up front as their target man.

el-presidente

Apr 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WARNING WARNING WARNING ::::::: DONT MESS WITH EL PRESIDENTE

PROFFESSORE you must have been smoking some heavy junta for u to think i would actually hang out with chewbacca for one night ....he cramps el-prez style ......and before he hangs out with the prez he has got to shave 60 pds and get some hair on his fcukin bald head .....

Apprentice like i say your just an absolute dumb fcuk for thinking that you know who i am ? hey stop smoking that cheap stuff that proffesore supplies before every game and maybe you might actually score another goal.....head up apprentice i will take you out.......

Scilaci you mental midget minni me your cousin called and asked when your next game was .....cause he's never seen midgets play soccer before

Champ you actually think you know me and think you are a computer wizard...... stop for a moment it might be a good reality check stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! get a new wardrobe by the way

Jimmy holiday about fckuin time you scored a goal i think your streak lasted longer than dana murzyn and maybe you should run more than 15 laps a practice........

Bobby tub of shite your name says it all dont make pussy threats at el-prez show some class before i flatten you on the pitch alright.......

Copper head no touch no skill = right side of the bench

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Closer than Score

"We dominated the game vs Friuli yesterday"

TeddyTA, give me a break buddy, the game was 1-0 for Catz, with chances for both teams, our chances did'nt come close to on goal.
The ref and linesmen did a good job on the day, but the pass back call was very questionable to say the least, that goal made the game 2-0 and forced our team to open up at the back.
We may not of scored on the day, but our play was far better than the weekend before.
Don't count Friuli out yet, there are 5 games left with 15 points still out there for us.
We came in 7th last year and went the final with a very experienced team.

Jimmy, great game on Sunday, is your back sore from carrying TA around up front all game.

This team starts to play after the long weekend, look at past years results.

HOSisnothappyaboutREDtheRef

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ stop lying

HANDS OF shite.....We played keep away from you bums for most of the game yesterday. It was like practise.....You guys did play better than the week before...this time you lost only 3-0 instead of 5-0. You looked lost in the pipes yesterday, Danny P. is probably wondering if Denis "Black Sabbath" Aere is still on the roster.

This came from your coach yesterday during the second half after we had strung 15 passes in a row together
This is how you play soccer...we cant do ****in nothing..Porko Cane

Too bad Mr. Coppertone wasnt around , HOS is in desperate need of the oil around the back of his neck....:eek:

the champ

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
happy birthday

EL PREZ WISHING YOU A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. DID YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD TIME? DID RICKY FIRE PLAY GOOD MUSIC?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo

Give me a report of the game who played and who scored btw i get 10% of your signing bonu s and every goal you score I get another 10%. Any Track suits yet. Usually Treviso is good about that. Hows my dad doing?

JIM NEIGHBORS

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAHOMAAAAA!!!

HEY APPRAISER!!
how much is that earing worth? I say you get a matching one on your foreskin and let el prez lick it all night long! what a dissapointing day for some teams on sun. I guess alot of the players had sun stroke or maybe they were too busy the night before a-holeing people. it was too see jimmy holiday up front again, i guess somebody listened to me to get that pile where i guess he belongs, the only problem is that the appraiser is with him. zaurrini missed another one!! BIG SHOCK but i bet he won't be missing another what's for lunch thread, EH TREEEP! basically VERGONIA all around. my great grandpa TSE TRUCK TUNG LIK once said" suckseyyaa, gociaa, itaaliaa noo goodiie!

The_Devil

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
birthday boy

well ,i hope you guys had good time a that faget joint.
moe,larry and curly=the three stooges.you know who you are.
aprentice,always denie.

the champ

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets hang out

oh who oh who can el prez be!!

el prez, where are you? Is your buddy Gino M working late so you can't use his computer? Buy your own you cheap **** or go to Frankie A's or Sal C's or the apprentices house and use theirs!!!
by the way can you lend me money to buy a new wardrobe or lend me some of your international shirts!!!! double xl please I've been hitting the burger special's at mc'donalds just like yourself from what people tell me.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To whom this may concern

I AM NOT EL-PRESIDENTE ...Gino Muoio got beat up by el-prez, I seen his nose all bandaged up @ Adanac:confused:

The_devil, of course you are going to deny something if you have nothing to do with it.

TheChamp, please stop using my name in association with el prez...Maybe you have something to do with it....

Ciao Tutti

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CJ stop lying

Originally posted by The Apprentice

Too bad Mr. Coppertone wasnt around , HOS is in desperate need of the oil around the back of his neck....:eek:

What a surprise, Coppertone was nowehere to be found. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Neighbors

Like I said in the House of Habs thread,theres only one JIMMY on this site,get it HOMO!Go play with the Chunger and the rest of the Abruzzese clan.

it was too see jimmy holiday up front again, i guess somebody listened to me to get that pile where i guess he belongs

Keep stuffing your face with all those geegers on the sideline,Clown!(and you say I have a treep)wipe that mustard stain off your shirt,PIG!

El Choocho

Bobby tub of shite your name says it all dont make pussy threats at el-prez show some class before i flatten you on the pitch alright.......

Who's making the pussy little threats now!You and Neighbors should hold hands on the sidlelines(Carve everyone but yet hide).Quit hiding behind your computer screen,come out and play,COWARD!:eek:

Zaurrini

On Coppertones behalf,Carribean cruise or Ital Game......hmmm

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Neighbors

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday

On Coppertones behalf,Carribean cruise or Ital Game......hmmm

Just my point...

Nothing new there.
He did it last year too....as our captain no less.:eek: