Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
EASY DOES IT!!!!!!!

ANKLE BREAKER. EASY, SEEMS LIKE THAT WAS A SENSITIVE ISSUE FOR YOU. IT BOTHERS YOU THAT YOU GUYS HAVEN'T BEEN IN TOURNEYS FOR A WHILE. IT'S OKAY, LET IT OUT.

PS- You're not very good at hiding it.;)

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
indian tourneys

Everyone has their own ideas of what competition is and what pride is. During these Indian tournaments do the players not play for their pride? Are they being forced to play if they don't think it is competitive enough for them? If these tourneys are a waste of time, why do players whose teams are not entered play for other teams in the tourney? I agree they are not as exciting asthey use to be , partially because there are only a few open teams left. Why not open the tourney's up to other teams. If we compete with these other teams in the winter, why not compete with them in our tournaments to show how we compare in summer to these teams after 4 games in two days. It is great if a team can field a competitive all-indian team but if we can get more teams by allowing a few imports to teams who need just 1 or 2 players to be competitive. This will bring a change to the tournaments that is much needed. The comment how JJ and Zico won't help develop the youth. I believe a few years Zico and JJ played in the final and the excitement everytime they touched the ball compared to anytime one of the apna boys. We need more teams to make more exciting to play and watch. Also imports would help bring up the level of each player. Again the politics will always be there. It's up to the players who are going to be playing that should help decide the rules. Maybe Parm Gill, Lavi, Jas Atwal, Sandy, Star#1, Van U., PFC, Sikh U.,Richmond Cougars, Whalley United, And I believe two other Indian teams should get together to come up with the rules. Allow some of the weaker teams to bring a few imports (3) and all the other teams can have upto (2) if they want, or they can go with their own line up. Sorry about the long message, but the tourney's are dieing and yes the youth are quitting.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like i said in my first post we should open up all the torneys up to 2 non indian players.
After that the halfs should be 35 min's each half ( the best tourney which is the nations anly play 35.)
We should not make under 8's and 10's play on a full size field it is just to big, split a field in two and play 7 aside. This will help develop more ball skills. This would also make more teams and the players who are not that good could get to play.
Each year at the last tourney the teams are hurting because off injuries or players just can't show up, we need to make every team a good quality competitve in the open and also need to bring in players at a young age maybe 17 or 18. In the past so many kids just stoped playing because they look at the older players who would always get picked a head of them maybe they would get 10 mins sometimes none. I am not saying they sould be getting 90 mins but give them a chance they will learn just look at gn and p.f.c. :knvb:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
things have changed over the last two years or so as before if you wanted to play after U16 you would have to play open, but two years ago they made a U18 division for the tournaments and the youth got to play more, and i believe that if your not ready to play open when you are 19 then there is no other choice for you, the kids have an option now with the U18 division, we had to make the jump to open when we were 15/16 years old and the first couple years were really tough, but we had to go through it, and are now can play with the best, there were talks about making an U21 division but that fell through, and there shouldnt be a U21 division in the tournaments. But how about having a "A" side and a "B" side in the tournaments, with the A side having the strong teams and then B side having teams that just want to play and the kids that want to play open but will not get enough time with "A" team, have a chance to play open and develope more until they are ready to play with the stronger teams. for example we had a 2nd team last year which was basically our u18/u16 teams put together along with some older players, and it helped them big time, they learned soo much and got better. its just a suggestion. but the only down side is that i dont think there are that many teams to make two sides

typing this much has made me hungry, gotta go to KFC :D

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
me again

the only problem i have with 2 non-indian players being allowed to play is the fact that this probably means 2 indian kids that were previously playing are sitting on the sidelines now......believe it or not some kids still play just b/c they love the game....they may not get to play much in the winter...and in my opinion i think they should at least have an opportunity to play in the summer......thats my last remarks on that subject............................................................................................another thing that bothers me is how when anyone talks about the tournments its always from an open team standpoint............i think the quality of the youth teams nowadays is head and shoulders above the level it was 10 years ago.......sure maybe the excitement of open games isn't as good anymore....but i dare anyone to watch an under 8 final and tell me there's no atmosphere there...............sorry about the length of my rant....but i was getting raped there for a bit...........cheers

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
but i dare anyone to watch an under 8 final and tell me there's no atmosphere there

You didn't use any smilies but you've gotta be Taking the piss.

Grimmstillsayingtournamentssuck:wa:

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
no im serious

Originally posted by Grimm

You didn't use any smilies but you've gotta be Taking the piss.

Grimmstillsayingtournamentssuck:wa:

no, im serious

Raiguystillthinksgrimmisaphudoo

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-Spot.....

Hey G-spot.......go fcuk yourself!!!!....I'm serious!! Who the fcuk are you......Carlos?

Hard Ballz

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gayguy

It's official then. You're a fcukin geek. An under 8 final? Gimme a break.

I'll understand if you don't reply tonight as I'm sure it's Bal's, Jag's, or your cousin-brother's birthday party and you'll probably be at Cheers....maybe Richards:p

Ding Dong, tourneys are dead.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grimm, to be honest Raiguy is right, the kids finals are always packed with parents watching and just on-lookers stop and watch from U8-U12, they have alot of people watching their games and the sidelines are packed.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tournaments dead?

Which tournaments are dead? The Vancouver tourney is always exciting. Look at the final between GN and Akal was that boring or exciting. I found it to be awesome to watch. The pase was faster than most FV games and you did not know would win. Each team took the lead until the final few minutes and was tied. Even OT nobody was playing for a tie. Sad it did not keep going until 1 team fell,maybe that would be asking too much. It was decided on PK's. Does anybody recall that final, it was awesome to watch for the fans and I'm sure the 2 teams enjoyed. That rivalry is what's missing.
You play the same guys week in week out. If there are imports it changes the level of the game greatly.
I am for competion and fairness. I too would like to see all indians players, but a 16 yr old in the open game increase competion or nor does it help his skills. Is it fair that you hold back allowing imports to improve the skill level of the other 10 players on the team to help this 1 player. Plus as mentioned in prior posts this kid to develop should be playing Gora soccer.

Sorry for the length, but some things have to be said.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best tournament

On to more positive stuff.
What is the best tournament & why.

The Temple tournament has to be the best.
Best refs.
( not some cheap has beens who need extra cash for tanning)

Best competition.
Imports bring up the level of soccer ( without a doubt)

More teams

P.S. if team does not like imports don't bring them, but your youth players level will come up playing against better competition.

All in the name of competition

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
under 8's

Sorry me again,

As for the under 8's. It's great that there are a lot of fans. But when was the last time your mom came to the tournament and brought your aunts and cousins. Who has to drive the kids?

These age kids should be playing 7-a-side. This way 28 kids would be playing soccer at the same time opposed to 22.
11 vs 11 or 7 vs 7 on half field ond 7 vs 7 on other half. This way the kids would get more touches and increase skill level.

What is actually needed is players to get invovled with their tournaments, to give these ideas.

Why don't teams like Indo who want imports and Khalsa also put a tournament on.
Do a tournament together just for open teams and allow other teams to compete as well. I hear premier and PCL costs a lot, but this is for your community. Get the main teams together to organize. Khalsa, Indo, Temple, GN, & Akal if they're together.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No name calling now!

Hard Head, a little more constructive, and a little less negativity.

PS. Apologize and I'll forgive you.

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TEAM BANTER

Well guys lets talk about the teams

Sikh temple- couldn't even get into div 1 when all they had to do was tie clan and beat club I, no chance for u guys next year. Hard Ballz should quit the team and let them fall even lower in the community.

GN- stuck in the fraservalley, I heard there trying to buy a spot in div 1, they need a new coach and some more talented players. SOrry star number one, ur not good enough for premier in the VMSL. I think ur teamates will agree with me:p

On the Khalsa front, rumor has it some temple players are trying out for the PCL, one name is joey brar, I don't think he will get much playing time with Khalsa team, there defence is already good enough, I heard bob mangat might tryout too, bob just stay home ur not pcl material.

The squamish tournament is in may now.

PEace

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
khalsa pcl

I also heard that gn is trying to buy a spot in vmsl, is that the normal thing to do now days. I think you should only earn spots in any league.
Start at the lower leagues and work your way up don't just sign a check and hope you will be good enough to stay up, If you buy a spot and don't have a team good enough to stay up what a waste of money.
khalsa bought a spot in the premier but khalsa has loads of pulling power to bring in players from other teams to survive,if they had to start in div 3 who would have gone and played for them???.
They have done well to stay up this year but need to improve to be one of the power houses in the league.
I think credit should be given to gn , temple and indo for keeping the teams going in the past even when they were in the lower leagues.
khalsa also are the pride of the indo community when it comes to PCL, they have done well in a great league. They also have the pick of the crop of the east indian players ,it just shows that if you stick together you can win together does not matter what name you use winning is winning.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: TEAM BANTER

Originally posted by Khalsa

SOrry star number one, ur not good enough for premier in the VMSL. I think ur teamates will agree with me:p

PEace

Your probably right :D , its all good, I still have KFC :wa:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Khalsa's comments.......

First of all, Temple did not have to get into div.1 so get your facts straight........it's funny your dissing Temple players because 2 years ago when Khalsa was short players against Skagit it was Harp and Bob ( from Temple ) who helped win the game....it's funny how soon people forget but when it's time of need they suck people off!.....I don't get it and I never will. If those are your feelings towards Temple players maybe they should just boycott Khalsa all together:eek: .

Hard Ballz

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sikh temple

Hey

Hardballz

Khalsa loves Temple players. I think u guys are an awesome bunch of guys except maybe when alcohol gets into play.

L8ter

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sikh temple

Originally posted by Ankle Breaker
Hey

Hardballz

Khalsa loves Temple players. I think u guys are an awesome bunch of guys except maybe when alcohol gets into play.

L8ter

Hey thats funny because GN thinks temple are awesome guys ONLY when alcohol is in the picture;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0