Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI

Kokanee,

They are all the same guys from under 8, that have stayed together. No other brown team has done that.

You might want to re-think that last comment over again. I know of a team that has stuck toghther probably since before you were born.......hummm I wonder which team that is.:rolleyes:

Sandman

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Indian Tournaments

Originally posted by Kokanee

I may be a cokcy CONCEDED bastard, but thats why I love GN.

Another reason I love GN is b/c we're all illiterate......conceded or not hey kokanee:D :D :D

P.S. Sandman a few of the players on your team seem awfully young to have been playing before we were born:D .....but thanx for the vote of confidence on the provincial run..........cheers

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
indo status for the summer

hey sandman, thanks for your support for us getting into the provincials, just wondering if you are going to enter Indo into the summer tournaments this year????

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee

The only thing about pride is wearing the jersey. Khalsa has been out of the tornament for about 3-4 years. We actually don't care about them. When I say pride I am talking about the actual Khalsa guys who have played with the team for a while. The Khalsa team back in the day split into 2 and from then on it was difficult to either side to field a team. Since you are a complete idiot, we do not care if white, yellow, brown , black, etc. people play for us. Our team is not based on the Indian tournaments. We have other goals in mind. You are totally interested in these shite tournaments, the reason u love it is b/c you have no where else to play. As for Khalsa and Squamish merging, most of the Squamish guys played for Khalsa (either their junior team) or PCSL. Thus, it would be beneficial for both teams to enter rather than neither entering. But sorry for trying to increase the calibre of the tournament. The goal should be to try to get the level of soccer played to a higher level. But from your last comments, you seem to be content with the same crap of soccer played (I am speaking about the tournaments in general). If you think it is good soccer, then you might want to go look at some other games and leagues (for example Indo vs SFU or Temple vs Clan That is good quality soccer not GN vs PFC or Temple vs Akal or Khalsa vs taxi drivers). Think about it

I agree with what GN and even PFC has done. They have kept the same team from a very young age. I also agree that no other "Indian team" has done that. But honestly it would be better if GN eventually moved to the VMSL. I personally have not seen the soccer in the FVSL. As for bringing Khalsa players back from day 1, if you don't know, the club has been around for about 40 years and achieve things that no other Indian clubs has achieved. Having said that, I hope GN and PFC stay together and keep building.

(PS where did the Indo strikers this year play? Didn't they leave GN to play for Indo? I thought they had pride for GN or did they want to increase their level of soccer?)

Good luck to GN in the cup. Hopefully, these could make it to Provincials.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tourney....

memorial weekend tourney cancelled.......info cannot be released yet!!!!

Hard Ballz:eek: :confused:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
temple....

I've confirmed that Akal will be forming a team for the summer and Temple will be absolutely shite this summer.....due to injuries and the tourney's being shite nobody really gives a fcuk! It's shite! Ankle Breaker......I don't need you to back me up on this so don't try and be my friend:wa: !!! Lav, Bob, Carlos, and Joey will concentrate on the PCL this summer which should put Ankle Breaker on the bench:confused: . Harp, Eddie, Lallz, Robby Toor will be going for surgery......Eddie has already done his......which leaves some over 30's combined with some under 21's and Sandhu and Ram.......looks like a stacked team to me:eek: !!!!

Good luck to Temple and other teams please beware:D

dissapointedHARDBALLZ:(

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unconfirmed Rumor

The latest is that HardBallz will be admitted for emergency surgery for a mysterious growth eminating from his left tut. Immediately after the procedure doctors have confirmed that he will be prescribed a mega dose of antibiotics and retrovirals as a means to eliminate the rather debilitating upper groin "itch" he has suffered with all season. Complicating this rather delicate surgical and drug procedure will be Mr. Ballz's addiction to aqua velva. It appears that HardBallz's recent erratic behaviour and absolutely shite posts are a direct result of this inhumane dependency. It is no wonder the pride of Burnaby has struggled on the pitch this winter.

Stay tuned for other late breaking news.

:pElJefejustkidding! :D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Unconfirmed Rumor

Originally posted by El Jefe
Immediately after the procedure doctors have confirmed that he will be prescribed a mega dose of antibiotics and retrovirals as a means to eliminate the rather debilitating upper groin "itch" he has suffered with all season.

That explains why he was scratching himself talking to one of the bouncers at Studio 54, of course they told him to get lost. Hardballz was a walking flea bag in Vegas, it's all coming together !! Thanks el Jefe. :D

Khalsa - I don't know who the medaliion boyz are but I heard that club died 10 years ago. Sikh United is NOT the same !! :rolleyes:

Big T:cool:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
big T...

Yes they are!......the biggest question is....where is the awsome striker Sarbjit playing in the summer.....Temple will through money his way and try to land him

Hard Ballz:D

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tourney's
For a while the adult side if indo tourneys have been dying out slowly, it seems the tourneys are more a youth thing. Lack of didication for the senior teams and the bull **** politic's have put alot of people off. It's aways been fun and go and see a good game like the old khalsa indo finals. The teams could use these weekends to bring out new kids and show them what senior soccer is all about.
The best tourney lately was a couple off years ago at newton the sikh temple one they opened it to allow 2 non indians which allowed players like jason jordon and zico to show there stuff, this made the games very competitive and good the watch.
anyway thats my 10 cents worth have fun in the summer:wa:

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
put your whistle back in your pocket

yeah zico and jason jordan will really help young indo canadians break through and improve their skill level.....the whole object of these tournments is to better develop our youth....and prepare those youngsters who are ready to make the jump to the senior level......i love these tournments because of the fact you compare yourself to the other indo canadian players in the community....we all play in the winter with all the gora players so whats the point of having them in the summer.......the only thing i would change in the summer tournies would be to cut the halfs from 45 to 30 b/c as we can see too many young players are getting injured much too often.....maybe this would ensure that a few east indian players would actually go somewhere in soccer...rather than having reconstructive surgey every 2 years........cheers

raiguyveryupsetatthelackofsupportforapnasoccer

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dipguy,

I agree with reducing the length of the games because it's true that there are a lot of injuries in these tournaments. But that is where the agreement stops.

Ankle Breaker is right- The tournaments are absolute shite.

Your team probably gets a hard-on for these tournaments cause that is all you have to look forward to all year. Playing winter ball in the shitty valley, I feel for you. But after playing a gruelling winter schedule in a good league the last thing we (and other good teams) care about is some crap DP tourney. These things are just for fun and to unwind so don't make them out to be more than they really are. Maybe these tourneys are still big news for your team since you guys haven't ever won a decent tournament (May or Harjy tourney). You only win the ones where some teams don't enter or put in second rate teams.
You say the tournaments are to better develop youth? Why doesn't GN ever play their youth players in the open then? It's been the same guys for 4 years in these mens tournaments. Freakin' hypocrite. Cause to you it's all about winning so don't make it sound like there is some "greater" good in these tournaments.
How do Ivor, Zico and JJ not bring up the level of the tournaments? The fans like it and better players= better competition. Plus it adds an element of surprise since we all know how each other play anywayz. Quit being so closed minded, there's a whole world out there and it doesn't end at Patullo bridge and Scott road.

We'll leave the tutti tournaments to you, you leave playing competitive soccer and representing the community to teams like Khalsa and Indo.

P.S.- We're still waiting for GN to realiize their potential.:rolleyes: And Pete MAtoo blows goats:D

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Grimm

You say the tournaments are to better develop youth? Why doesn't GN ever play their youth players in the open then? It's been the same guys for 4 years in these mens tournaments. Freakin' hypocrite. Cause to you it's all about winning so don't make it sound like there is some "greater" good in these tournaments.

our average age for the team is 21, its thats not youth, i dont know what is :rolleyes:, and we do have some 17 year olds playing with us. but i agree with you guys cutting down the halfs would be good, but not to 30 mins, maybe 40 or so......but it doesnt matter to me because i just stand in net anyways:rolleyes: :D .

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indian tournaments

Some comments for Raiguy

1. playing in the Indian tournaments will not help you develop. This is the big problem with our community. In order to develop you need to play against better opposition. Thus, having non-browns allowed increases the skill level. This is always a good thing. It is time for some people to stop being narrow minded and saying only apna can play. These same people say that Khalsa is not a apna club. Every team has non-brown players. Our community has good players. Having coaching within the brown community is not that great. In order to get better you need better coaching. Most of the coaches in the Indian tournaments have no coaching experience besides coaching their own brown teams. We need to understand that the objective should be to improve the quality of the brown players and the community. This would be only done if we understand that tournaments are fun but does not necessarily result in making players better.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im laughing and serious

P.S.- We're still waiting for GN to realiize their potential.:rolleyes: And Pete MAtoo blows goats:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Heeeee

Ankle Breaker, I agree with your last post, however, I think the tournaments should be more towards bringing our community together. I agree tournaments are just tournaments, but I think it would help younger kids to see how good some of the DP players are. I also think open could have been better if there wasnt so much politics. Too many kids dont make the jump to open, not because they cant, but people dont allow them. These same kids just stop playing soccer all together, and the same thing happens with the next group of kids that come up.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tournaments.....

My personal opinion is the tournaments are dying due to the fact they are boring because you play the same teams throughout the whole summer ......does anyone enjoy that???....from what I've heard GN thrives on the summer and to be the best E.Indian team out there but like Ankle Breaker ( i think:rolleyes: ) said most of the teams play in a pretty tough Vancouver league and it is much tougher than Fraser Valley........I guess the only way to find that out is to play in the league.....it's very different! The summer is more of getting together with the guys and having fun and keep in shape for the next winter season........that's just my opinion and those who disagree I don't want to hear it:D .

HardBallzstillwonderingwhymemorialtourneyisoff!

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On behalf of who?

You'd better check yourself Hard Head, when you say on behalf of Sikh Temple players.

Don't speak for all of the players, cause I'll think you'll find that more than a few disagree with you.:rolleyes:

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
YO Yowen

Hey Yowen, I don't agree with your philosophy. I think the tournaments would be fine if everybody would change their attitudes about playing in tournaments. Usually players are like, "oh it's just the summer, who cares same shite."

What kind of attitude is that, of course the tournaments are going to suffer if people are coming in with that kind of mentality.:eek:

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spelling-Grammar

Hey HARD BUND, if you're going to take the piss, at least do it with some class. Learn how to spell, THROUGH MONEY, THROW MONEY.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0