Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dezza, oddly enough I had visions of McLean stoning Robert Reichel in '96 on that play. Also appreciate you leaving out the part about me turning my head leading to the first two Croatian goals.

It was already 2-1 when I got there, so I don't know what happened on those goals.

You obviously mean 1994 :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.......still not a supporter of the league yet because I don't know enough about it. :)

Vinny, well done on following through on the 'flats'. :D

Mr. Base.......I will have to go with West Van, Surrey United, Norvan:)eek:), ICST Peg

I'm stunned that I'm writing Norvan, after watching them last weekend.....no disrespect to Norvan who are a great bunch of lads on the park but I'm just very surprised.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Westside/Norvan/Akal/Sapperton in the final 8......who will be the teams who will not qualify now for Provincials? I know Richmond is one......How many other teams are in jeopardy now?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 Surrey Utd. Firefighters
2 West Van FC "A"
3 Columbus FC
4 Delta United
5 ICST Pegasus
6 Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves
7 Croatia SC
8 ICSF Inter
9 Rich. FC Hibernians "A"
10 Westside FC "A"
11 Sapperton Rovers "A"
12 Norvan Pacific "A"

Metro Ford has one game left against Sapp. A win would put them in 4th place, a tie would put them tied with Delta and Peg.

Final 8 Teams

West Van vs Croatia
Peg vs Sapp
Slurrey vs Westside
Norvan vs Akal

If i'm correct.... Norvan/Akal eliminate Richmond. Westside or Sapp Wins would eliminate Inter if one of them win, and Croatia/Metro Ford (Depending how Croatia does against West Van) if both of them win.

I think.

:confused:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - 1:D

Hey Richmond, sshhhhhh.....

If not for you, Sixfyv, this is a 5 -1 game.

Complete dominance by Sapp in the middle and on our back line. All kick and run for Richmond. Do you guys have a system? Only caused chances with 5 minutes to go and all in the air. Sapp fully deserved this game as they completely controlled the wings and mid. Trevor Todd was awesome up front and would have scored a few more if not for the cheap shots from the collective group. Celenza's speed killed today as Richmond couldn't keep up with him, and Booker & Colin in the mid controlled things all too well.

Breakaways and goal mouth scrambles should have had this game at 3 - 4 buzz with 25 to go. Richmond' #9 cheap-after-the-play guy was in Sven's back pocket all day. And Sven hasn't played in months! A good way to ease back into things for him with a player lacking. The red-head in the back was Richmond's best player, but also a bit of a goon himself. Solid in the air once Trevor Todd went out with another gooner injury by Richmond.

Reyhan & Kyle ate up the Richmond defense - they had sooo much confidence and Richmond was afraid to play 1 on 1 with them.

Sapp wasn't without Ted and Woody and still handled this game with ease.

I was really shocked at the drop in level of the Richmond team since November. Richmond is a really bad team - when I think about it, it was a miracle they beat Norvan. Right now, this team is the worst team in Premier and probably deserves to be going down. Without 6-5 , this team is Div 1 at best.

What happened Richmond TTP boys??????

First let me start by saying it's taken back to back pissups just to try and forget what the hell happened out at Minoru on Saturday.:mad::(

WAB,

Congrats on victory, your mob did slightly more then us on the day. As stated, we we're just awful and it showed but you didn't have "complete dominance":confused: over the 90 minutes, you made more of what you created, full stop. If we're a Div 1 side, what are you? Surely your having a laugh! Please take a look in the mirror sir, as your lot are just as ugly as we are, the TTP faithful will agree no doubt. You had to offer up beer for your lads to try and score goals and keep clean sheet. Should they not want to do that week in week out?

As for our lot, I don't understand the lack of confidence at keeping the ball on the carpet and moving it around, but it went right out the window very early into the match. It seemed to be a theme for us through out the entire season, which is a shame as our youthful squad does have some real quality in it. Your only as strong as your weakest link comes to mind. If anything positive can be taken out of this, it was that a valuable lesson was learned for the youth within our ranks, that during Cup play, whether or not great footie, or mucker ball like ours is being played:eek:, you really need to dig in and compete with intensity and purpose. On the day, the oppositions 11 men did it better then us, **** :mad::( Another positive to take:rolleyes: is that we now have PLENTY of time over the coming months to fix what's so obviously wrong. :(

BTW WAB, I am that #9 player cheap after the play **** you so kindly reffered to me as. I run my fat arse off and leave it all out there and appreciate a player going in hard to win tackles. When some of your mob comes off 2nd best and THEY proceed to start the afters, I will simply return the favor, within reason :D Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Sven was one of the good lads on Saturday, we shared a chat even! :D Easy for him to look good when the opposition is only playing 1 upfront, wouldn't you agree?

Good luck to all remaining teams in the tourney, and those that move on forward to Provincials. :)

CICwhocantbelieveheisalreadylookingforwardtoSummerLeagueball:mad:

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How? Unless they had a new team put on the park from what I saw last week........and unless Metro Ford was missing 11 players.........How? :confused:

Norvan's worst performances came against Richmond this year, so I could see why you're shocked Captain... Norvan only had 11 players on the night (injuries/coaching course/etc), but I guess had the right 11 ;).

On Friday vs Metro Ford, it looked like everyone was there (minus Kindel). We were fortunate that Clarke got red-carded in middle of 2nd half for chirping at Miro, but I think both teams were affected by questionable calls... We got up in OT, tried to hold onto lead (you saw how good we were at that in last game vs Richmond :rolleyes: ), but MF tied with 1 min left in OT, offside by about 3 yards :eek:, but London took over in PK's and stopped 3 of 5 shots. We didn't play a pretty game, but created some chances and I guess outworked MF on the day.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ No shame Tsedds...a win is a win is a win. That is what was great about the Premier div this year. There were really no "punching bags" and for the most part I thought every team was competitive. Ya there were a few laughers here and there but that happens. Good luck the rest of the way and try not to get too mashed up in Vegas ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan's worst performances came against Richmond this year, so I could see why you're shocked Captain... Norvan only had 11 players on the night (injuries/coaching course/etc), but I guess had the right 11 ;).

On Friday vs Metro Ford, it looked like everyone was there (minus Kindel). We were fortunate that Clarke got red-carded in middle of 2nd half for chirping at Miro, but I think both teams were affected by questionable calls... We got up in OT, tried to hold onto lead (you saw how good we were at that in last game vs Richmond :rolleyes: ), but MF tied with 1 min left in OT, offside by about 3 yards :eek:, but London took over in PK's and stopped 3 of 5 shots. We didn't play a pretty game, but created some chances and I guess outworked MF on the day.

Tsedds, congratulations, and I'm glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way as Richmond and Norvan did not look good at McNair. Good luck this weekend against Akal. One win away from a Provincial spot. A team who got relegated two years ago went on to the Imperial Cup final. Do you know who that was? :D

As I mentioned, the Norvan guys were great guys on the park....no bitching/moaning....just played unlike many of the Premier teams I've seen this year.

joocrew

Oct 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will agree with Sedds, our worst performances were by far against Richmond, especially on our home soil. They truly gave us a hammering on that day.

As for Friday nights game, digging deep in OT and then a penalty win guarantee by our goalie was the difference on the night.

Signed, TheguywhomissedhisPK

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joocrew, you definitely have one of the hottest keepers at the moment and that can go a long way. And no, I'm not talking about how he looks, before anyone mentions it. :mad:

:D

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Complete dominance by Sapp in the middle and on our back line. All kick and run for Richmond. Do you guys have a system? Only caused chances with 5 minutes to go and all in the air.

first off, congrats on the win sapp. you live for another week.

secondly, i didn't see the game between sapp/rich so i won't give any opinions as to who was deserving of the win or who dominated, etc. but what i will say is you are giving sapp FAR TOO much credit for being a GOOD team. you talk of richmond's "kick and run" style...that's all i saw from your squad when we played you. and when we played you, there was definitely no dominance in the middle of the park because nearly EVERY ball was pumped from the back line and then either flicked on or chased after by your forwards and wide-mids. and lastly, you mention richmond's lack of scoring chances and that they were only in the air...? i'd have to say the same for your squad when we played them.

Now, albeit you did beat us and kudos to you. All i am is saying is give yourself a look in the mirror before spouting off about the quality and style of your team's play.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All i am is saying is give yourself a look in the mirror before spouting off about the quality and style of your team's play.

I never said we were brilliant. I said RFC was bad. Everyone gets what I've been saying t-i-c. RFC goes off talking trash to Sapp after they beat us back in Dec; even though they still were crap. I'm just returning the favour.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had to offer up beer for your lads to try and score goals and keep clean sheet. Should they not want to do that week in week out?

BTW WAB, I am that #9 player cheap after the play **** you so kindly reffered to me as. I run my fat arse off and leave it all out there and appreciate a player going in hard to win tackles. When some of your mob comes off 2nd best and THEY proceed to start the afters, I will simply return the favor, within reason :D Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

True enough, Sapp has been hard to motivate this year.

This is ttp, that's all, and I wish Sapp had more guys like you thoughout this season - but I think the young guys are learning how to battle harder lately. That has been a problem with us all year. We have not come to play hard, especially when teams are physical.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Pacific ‘A’ vs Akal FC William Griffin Turf Tue/ 8.00pm

Tuesday night for an Imperial Final Quarterfinal!??! Are you kidding me. Norvan has played all their home games on Saturday at Conferdation at 1:30pm, why the change now?

The league might as well play the final at Joe Brown Field on Wednesday, April 6, 2010 at 10:30am. What a joke.

To the Lobban cnut who did my leg/ankle: Thanks for the 3-4 months (if I'm lucky) of rehab, fcuker. The picture that was taken shows the deliberate intent and is gross.

Seriously pondering retirement,

Gilly

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Pacific ‘A’ vs Akal FC William Griffin Turf Tue/ 8.00pm

Tuesday night for an Imperial Final Quarterfinal!??! Are you kidding me. Norvan has played all their home games on Saturday at Conferdation at 1:30pm, why the change now?

The league might as well play the final at Joe Brown Field on Wednesday, April 6, 2010 at 10:30am. What a joke.

To the Lobban cnut who did my leg/ankle: Thanks for the 3-4 months (if I'm lucky) of rehab, fcuker. The picture that was taken shows the deliberate intent and is gross.

Seriously pondering retirement,

Gilly

Do you have the pic? I'm in a mood for being grossed out....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0