Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Imperial Cup 2006] Results & Banter

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe KNVB should think about adding some over 35's to his squad. :rolleyes:

Just a thought oh wise one...................................

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, everyone is entitled to your opinion ?

Trust me, we get it!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooooh clever dig... Yes, you're right! Older, slower players would have certainly made a difference today against a very quick counter attacking Inter. You couldn't be more correct. I guess that's why you're on the executive. Good luck against the Caps, who BTW, aren't very fast at all...

Pele himself wouldn't have helped us today. We stunk from warm up to post game pints. Taking nothing away from Inter who of course, really came to play and are more than full value for the win. We, with-out a doubt, laid a massive egg today. Playing with 10 men, down 3, for almost the entire second half didn't help either.

Someone should tell Clan-bus they should really save the massive team photo and celebration for after they actually win something and not just a semi.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is an absolute brutal and embarrassing result. How any team could be beat 4-buzz in the Cup semis is beyond me.

Signed:
The 2005 Sapperton Rovers

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter came out flying yesterday at Cloverdale and played a complete game for 90 minutes.

KNVB, I would like to get your take on the red card. I don't think playing with 10 men was the issue or changed the game at all given that it was already 3-0 at the half.

Surrey is a class organization but that foul was brutal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From where I was, the straight red was a bit much from the wank of a ref. They both went in hard?

However, if you're gonna give that red, surely the kick afterwards by one Inter player followed by a punch by a different Inter player were also worthy? Or how about 15 Inter fans/players running onto the pitch to cause a huge ruckus? Is Ivan Lee on 'roids? Quite the display!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw this "brutal" foul.

Both players had already made up their mind they were going full tilt for the ball. Both players committed to a point of no return. If the Surrey U player let off at all, his likelihood of injury was much higher. He had no choice to go in to that tackle as he did. What made the situation look MUCH WORSE than it was, was that it was crystal clear how this challenge was going to play out. The sound of the two players clashing was something else. The sound of the Inter bench springing to their feet was a show in itself. That Ivan Lee guy looked silly in his defense of his teammate. Buddy, haven't you been in a game before? Bloody drama queen. Anybody I was standing with agreed with my observations.

The Inter player got up and played and showed what he is made of; a tough, excellent player who doesn't need a drama queen to bail him out.

Inter was by far the better team yesterday. A great performance by Van Schagen. A great team performance.

Well done and deserved.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
Ivan Lee is just the Beer man and pine rider, mix me a drink will ya Jimmy??

He is much mor than that.
Quality guy, who displays his emotions more than others.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
A great performance by Van Schagen. A great team performance.

Not Surprising.
When he is on, he is ON!

He has struck some of the nicest free kicks I have ever seen....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AB,

You're right the red had nothing to do with the result, but certainly foiled any sniff of even a marginal come back... That's all I was getting at.

I agree will Balls, they both went in brutally hard it's just that G, for a lack of better way to describe it, "won". When you see that type of collision it's hard not to think intent was there. I can understand the reaction. Well, the players on the pitch, not the peanut gallery.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like another doubleheader this weekend. This time its at Town Center Stadium:

Inter vs Clanbus 2pm
MF vs. Surrey 4pm

Predictions???

I think it is fitting that these four teams still have a shot at some silverware before the 'big show' begins.

Kudos to Surrey and Inter for being the most consistent teams for the past couple of seasons

Kudos to Clanbus for such a jubial celebration after each goal leading up to the semi's (drubbings against first divisions sides) and the big team photo following the win yesterday

Kudos to MF for a great regular season. I just hope they didn't peak too early.

Last point, it was unfortunate to see KNVB yesterday headhunting for most of the game (not the first time I've seen him do it). Seems to me he has lost one, maybe two steps and feels he needs to make up for it by swinging legs and throwing elbows after each pass. Not too classy for a very classy organization. Did he do this for most of his career?? I was always under the assumption he was a good, skillful player in his prime??

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spacamuro said:
Last point, it was unfortunate to see KNVB yesterday headhunting for most of the game (not the first time I've seen him do it). Seems to me he has lost one, maybe two steps and feels he needs to make up for it by swinging legs and throwing elbows after each pass. Not too classy for a very classy organization. Did he do this for most of his career?? I was always under the assumption he was a good, skillful player in his prime??

I thought I would give him a break after the 1st time, but again when he losses? I thought he was classier than that. Terrible display of "non-classy". Did he shake hands after the game?:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was always under the assumption he was a good, skillful player in his prime
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me, other than my wife saying it isn't that small. Thank you.

For the record I never threw any elbows. I may have hung a leg or two, I'll admit, but being a competitive guy on the wrong end of a drubbing, in a semi final no less, I can assure you it was out of pure frustration, but lets be honest, what ever it is you thought I was doing was minuscule (there is that word again) on the head hunting scale. Seriously. Christ, I didn't even get a card.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2006 Imperial Cup Final
Columbus-Clan 2:1 ICSF Inter

Attachments

• 2006-03-26.jpg
    2006-03-26.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 126

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the excellent site Metro Ford beat Surrey 1-0, anyone attend the match that would update us on what happened.

Cheers
JB

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0