Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2002 Final

Who will win the 2002 Imperial Cup?

• Surrey United

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Westside

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial Cup Final

And then there were two. Surrey United vs. Westside 2:00 Sunday April 6 Kinsman.

Why the hell are the finals being held at Kinsman of all places? Anyone know? I'll be there anyone else?

I noticed when I was flipping through the stats of yet another TTP pool failure that Surrey U and Peg were picked more times than any other two teams for the finials. With Surrey winning a good chunk of them.

How about now?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, no prediction here

One garuntee is that this match will be a very hard fought battle with a bit of everything... Westside will be fighting to regain some much deserving respect and prove their dominance of the past few years... while Surrey United are wanting to prove they belong in the upper echelon of the League's elit after 4 years of progression...
In anycase it will mean Surrey's first Metro League silverware or just another dust collector for the lads from Westside to throw into the trophy case!!! Hopefully a few TTPers can show support for the teams and League and come out to Kinsmen on Sunday...

"Come on you Reds" problemiswebothwearred :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is Martin Foden?

I'd really like to see this match in the lovely confines of Kinsmen but since I will be out in Slurrey Sunday, I'll be catching, what I hope to be, the bloodbath FVSL Pakenham Cup final :D

For a prediction though, I'm just going to say the match will not be decided in regulation. Then late Sunday night, CoachK, Besty, and Simon will come onto TTP and have a moan about... nothing :rolleyes: The Slurrey lads will show the class that they are known for throughout TTP by ignoring this thread and post in the weekly DCS Rankings threads...

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside

I chose Westside due to the fact that they have been playing some great soccer as of late and also because it will be Oliie's last game this year before suiting up for the Caps and he will want to light it up.It will be a good battle!

To all the Surrey boys

You guys are in the upper echelon of the league,a very tough team to play against day in day out.

Good luck to both teams:D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sorry, no prediction here

Originally posted by Guinness
Hopefully a few TTPers can show support for the teams and League and come out to Kinsmen on Sunday...

Yeah, you can stand right next to Guinness....he can show you the ropes on how to cheerlead, he's certainly had enough practice at it this year!!:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whatever do you mean?

Regs~

It's a good thing you just didn't come right out a say what you meant. :rolleyes:

Beating around the bush, KNVB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

KNVB,

What do you mean?

I said plain as day that I would not be at Kinsmen because I will be watching a different game :rolleyes:

~TB.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco

Go eat another couple of chicken pies fat heed!!!:rolleyes: Why do you always have a go at my playing time??? Are you jealous that our teams/playing careers are heading in different directions or merely upset that our changeroom doesn't have the same "MINGIN" stench coming from it???:rolleyes: Muppet, get bent!!!:eek:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

A more appropriate version of your question would be why I have a go at your LACK of playing time? The answer being, you spout off here like you actually have some bearing on the result of the games Surrey plays in. KNVB has every right to spout off, you do not. At least I get beat for goal after goal when we play, thus allowing me to spout off here.:rolleyes: See I actually have some effect on the game, unless of course you count filling the water bottles as essential to your teams performance!!:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco

I get it now:rolleyes: First of all I haven't spouted off about my team anywhere since we beat you back in November, I believe the result on that day was 6-0!!! :eek: I remember scoring a goal as well... you're right that I haven't had a ton of playing time as of late... however playing on a contender for a few different trophies means depth and unfortunately some guys are going to start and others are not... If that means waiting behind the likes of Deeks and Dal so be it... I believe that is what makes a team!!!
Your mob on the other hand are much different... Whing from Sept-Dec. about not having a full squad... well we have had a full squad since Sept and still do!!! All you Croats speak loudly of past accomplishments yet dismiss success when it comes from a different club... Real Classy:rolleyes:
At least I get beat for goal after goal when we play,
Captain was right about you, average player with an abnormally large heed!!!

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

My, my we certainly are sensitive about riding the pine aren't we. I'm sorry Guinness, you're right, every TEAM needs its cheerleaders....you are doing an exemplary job...keep it up:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted for Surrey.

I felt sorry for them.
Thanks CD. I sure hope the score line isn't as big as the votes difference. How many players does Westside have signed anyway? :rolleyes:

It's stuff like that the keeps your votes down on most irritating Crote. ;)

Bronco~ My water is very important to me. Lay off. :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckin' Bronco

average player with an abnormally large heed!!!
Enough said;)

Beeker, did you say something??? I couldn't hear you with the tap running:rolleyes: You need to take the marbles out of your mouth before you start quaking!!!:eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3

Surrey Utd 1

Not much of a game really.
One nice goal scored by each team but as for Westside's other goals, the less said, the better.

KNVB came on too late.

coachk

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMPERIAL CUP

''YEAH NOT MUCH OF A GAME REALLY" unless you are involved in it!! Westside spent much of the time trying to find their game and I'm not sure we ever did but, as a great man once said " If you play not so well and still end up with a result that is the sign of a good team". Kudos to the Surrey team who played as good a game as I have seen them play and apart from a hiccup or two might have won the game by the same score.. they are a well coached side and well organized. In the end ..being able to know how to win in a bigger type of game made a major difference .....Now onto the Provincials .. like a whole new season with a few of our teams a little depleted from losing players to the Whitecaps etc (was asked one time why we don`t sign our players to semi-pro forms then ask for compensation for them!) but that wouldn`t be in the spirit of the game now, would it? If the Whitecaps are fielding, basically a VMSL allstar team don`t you think it would behoove them to allow players to play as long as possible with the clubs that are feeding them their players and perhaps put up a "Thanks guys" trophy or small monetery award of some sort ....all we ever hear is NO PLAY AFTER SUCH DATE.....sorry ...but that attitude has always bugged me......oops didn`t notice I was getting on the bandwaggon...Keith:D :D :D

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GO WESTSIDE!

Congratulations CoachK and the boys!!

Sorry I couldn't be there. Sunny day... had to spend it in the back yard with family. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sunny day and all!

:)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shut out again

so all I'm reading here, is that Surrey has still not won any hardware they can put in a very, very empty and dusty trophy cabinet.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does Surrey United and Jim Kelly have in common?........

Sorry, it was too easy. Of course, this site is called Takethepiss.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0