Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about if the person involved was a 6'4", 295 pounds, angry person, having just committed felony robbery, who tried to disarm a police officer, disobeyed commands to stop and warnings, and left him no option to use lethal force, which the officer is legally authorized to do by law... as per the testimony of the credible witnesses before the Grand Jury.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah...you are right. Thanks to Marcia, Connor is growing up into a fine young man who will never find himself in that situation. :D

Just wondering guys, what deserves death? There is a big difference between defending oneself with a gun, shooting to the chest to take down the attacker, an unloading the clip on the kid and making damn sure he's dead. Way beyond self Defense.

My opinion. You don't need to like it or agree.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude. Why do you feel so much that the number of rounds discharged are relevant to this discussion? Just wondering.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Dud...
I believe in picking your battles carefully. I feel that in this case you are backing the wrong horse. At least get behind someone that was at least innocent of committing any criminal offence.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what would of happened if this officer was not able to defend himself against Brown and Brown ended up with the officers gun?

What are police taught in this regard?

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
how many shots if enough when someone is charging at you? my wife says the police officer should of shot him in the leg. just out of curiosity Dude, have you ever fired a hand gun at a target?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You tell me Sirem, you know...how many should it take to bring a man down? I know there is no one answer here and it's a loaded question (no pun intended), but aren't police trained to use necessary force, and aren't they trained in stress situations? At what point did he cross the line?

Listen, I'm not a lover of thugs or petty criminals, far from it, but...I don't think this kid was entirely killed in self defence. I believe there was a lot more to it.

And I also believe that if it were a black cop (not named OJ) and a white kid, the cop would be indicted. And this is more my point...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah, it's not about backing a horse, it's about me believing the American system is broken, and there is too much racial tension to truly have a "jury of peers".

I don't know sat the answer is, either. I just think in this case they got it wrong.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last time I shot a handgun I was about 12, in a shooting range in Coquitlam. Didn't hook me. Yes I hit the target.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have shot to bring the man down, and as I understand, you aim for the centre mass of the body. At this point, the likelihood of Brown surviving has to be low.

But again, how many rounds? Seems a bit much to defend oneself and bring the assailant down. I'm questioning that, yes.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last question Dud...What percentage of blame do you put on Michael Brown for this incident even happening?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://downtrend.com/71superb/unarm...riots-al-sharpton-silent-obama-keeps-golfing/

If I overpowered a cop that was 5'7" and 165lb and went for his gun, in an area that hated the police etc, right after I robbed a store, what would I expect?
Seriously. The "kids" stature was not childlike at all. I think a a shot or two max.

Side note, with all this technology we have these days, is there not a weapon that can just knock the person out? Even if it shot darts or something. Non lethal but still immobilizing. The shite has to be out there.

Cop was in a tough spot. Who knows what's going through his head, as he gets attacked in that part of town. If he didn't shoot him when Brown was coming back at him, what other options did he have? Any ideas?
Perhaps could have driven away while getting attacked in the car?
Tough calls to make.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy answer: 89%.

I'm not condoning his actions. I'm also calling BS on the Cop claiming this was entirely and only self defence. Bullshit it was.

Btw, why does there have to be one guy to blame for his death? Now I'm curious...

You're welcome, Regs. TTP hasn't been this hopping since the I-tie threads.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is not about the shooting/justification of said event when you think about it. That is why those a bit more obtuse than others hitch their emotions to this as a lightning rod for what is really the issue here.

It is about something else. Which is the really the elephant in the room.

Sir M

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No elephant for me. I think he plunked a few extra rounds into him because he was black. Plain and simple.

There was a self defence element, sure, but bloody hell, he sure made for certain he was dead, didn't he?

Anyhow, dead horse in the thread, too.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can thank gangsta rap videos for this. Now I gotta go burn down some buildings for my dead homies...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0