Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then.

I think the point is an officer drawing his gun to chase away bystanders is extreme and not really someone equipped to deal with pressure situations.

To put in soccer terms, I liken it to Mauricio pointing to his chest pocket and asking repeatedly "Want one?"

I mean, clearly, that is exactly the same.

:)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
of course...

Damned liberal media. Bolsheviks behind every bush, too.

...just so I understand, exactly how dangerous is a teenage girl armed with a bikini?

Right, that's what I thought.

Carry on...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece take a second look at the question that you pose above.

The answer is VERY dangerous.

Do you not recall high school?

Sir M

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son inlaw is a cop and he puts up with this shite daily. They have to put their saftey first. Most of us< unless really drunk do exactly what a cop tells us to do. When you don't he may feel threatened and acts accordingly.

I feel for them, they have a very tough job trying to do the right thing and still protect when they feel it nesecary.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sucks that this has lead to the guy resigning. At WORSE it could have been something more like a leave, but come on...and again, let's be realistic...this is a country where everyone has a gun. Not every State has liberal gun laws, but oh, where is this? Oh yes, TEXAS, FFS. Can you blame the guy for being jumpy?

He never pulled the trigger. Had he done so, maybe this is a different discussion.

BTW, anytime you have a news release that states a "WHITE officer...BLACK female...", the rats will jump all over it. Why not an officer detained a teen-aged girl?

The more you read about this, the more it becomes obvious you had a group of shite disturbing teenagers that caused so much disturbance that the cops were called to break it up. It's basically like every party I attended in grade 12. The cops in Coquitlam, not so bad. Moody and New West Cops were cnuts. Still have a knee indentation in my back as a result of shooting a bottle rocket at his approaching cruiser. Like, what a dick...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sound like my buddy who still to this day is pissed at the Mountie who clothes lined him on his Honda 70 trail bike on the street and put him on his ass as he attempted to whiz by the guy.
When we were 14.
On an uninsured dirt bike.

'But he didn't need to do that.'

Fcuking classic. :D

Those cops are dicks!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son inlaw is a cop and he puts up with this shite daily. They have to put their saftey first. Most of us< unless really drunk do exactly what a cop tells us to do. When you don't he may feel threatened and acts accordingly.

I feel for them, they have a very tough job trying to do the right thing and still protect when they feel it nesecary.

Agreed, but the very long leash they are entitled to is not completely unlimited...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, some more info has come out...

Apparently the party organizer decided to invite several more people than she had permission to at a community pool (where use was limited to 4 invitees per resident), posted it on social media, and charged for attendance. There was also a DJ involved who also advertised his involvement on social media. Kids who showed up after paying money and were told (rightly) that they weren't supposed to be there got pissed off and started climbing over the pool fence. That was when police were allegedly called.

The police presence was not quite adequate for the size of the crowd and it looks like the individual with anger management issues took his frustration out on the nearest individual, who happened to be a 15 year old girl armed only with a bikini. There were other police present who took a much calmer approach, not all of which has made it to social media.

Judge Trece says that a suspension for this officer would have been more appropriate, as well as some community work. Judge Trece also says that the party host and her mother should be given the bill to clean up the mess they created by having an unauthorized party, and some community service as well. The two women who assaulted the party host also need some community service time and the whole bunch of them need to grow up.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early in the video, I saw the bikini chick walking in the street and was thinking, this isn't going to go well for her. She is shooting her mouth off, and thinking she is the queen while the officer is running around like crazy. Sure enough.

I think the bigger issue here is the cop did nothing to diffuse a situation that was not violent or out of control. Dispersing a crowd of kids is pretty easy. I remember a party in highschool out near UBC at one of those crazy houses on Drummond drive. The word got out, kids everywhere from every school showed up and it got ugly with some guys throwing couches out windows and other stupid stuff. My friend and I beatled out the back, along the fence to the front, right into the face of a cop. He said, "this way freedom, that way jail". We made the right choice. Simple. Cop did his job, we slept in our beds.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait for the pro gun crowd to start popping off, "This could have been prevented if those Church Goers were allowed to carry weapons for self defense.

I suppose now you'll see armed guards and metal detectors at churches for the next while.

Sick.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 comments. Why the fcuk is a white man in an african methodist church ( and its not suspicious ), and I believe in long guns for hunting, I don't think any ordinary citizen needs a hand gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0