Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group G

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddy what are you on man?????

Let Bronco and your other Croates do the same!!!!!!!

Answer this why are the Croates favored????

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about because Italy has never beaten Croatia, ever.

For every stater Italy has, Croatia has one that is better. There, I've said it.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its funny how you keep living in the past buddy !!!!!

Ok lets compare shall we your Keeper who is he?????

Ours Toldo playes for Inter or Buffon plays for Juve

Proseniski(sp) plays in the first division in England!!!!! Im sure hes better than any Italian player.

Do you have any forwards near the top of Serie A scoring????

Yes No?????

Maybe in your little peaheaded mind you are favorites but I like that because you stay loyal with your team. Having said that its time to think with your head not your heart!!!

One more thing why wasnt Croatia seeded, its based on past performances, and seeing how better you guys did in WC 98. Give that a thought. Like I said before I fear the Mexicans and the Ecudorians much more than the Croates!!!!!

Have a good day!!!!!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Italy have any forwards at the top in German Budusliga scoring? Croatia does. Tomislav Maric has 10 goals in 11 games.

Prosinecki can play anywhere he wants to. Bayern Munich (the Club Champions of the World right now) were interested in signing him. He chose to play for Pompey to help a friend that owns the team.

Pletikosa is young and up and coming keeper. He has given up the fewest amount of goals in WC qualifying. But Croatia's defence is the best in the world right now so I suppose his quality could be up for discussion.

Croatia only lost one competetive match since WC'98. Why aren't they seeded? Good fcuking question! Seems like the International organizations (FIFA and UEFA) take 'friendly"(Unlimited subs and B teams) matches into consideration.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuesday, February 12, 2002
Mexico coach already losing sleep over Croatia

MEXICO CITY, Feb 11 (Reuters) - Mexico coach Javier Aguirre is already losing sleep over his team's first World Cup game against Croatia on June 3.
'Croatia is my main headache, the one that is robbing me of sleep,' Aguirre said on Monday before flying to Phoenix, Arizona, where Mexico play Yugoslavia in a friendly on Wednesday.

'I am only thinking of Croatia, our first game at the World Cup.'

Poor, poor Mexicano. I hope he soon realizes it's just a game and that it's not really worth losing sleep over....

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watching the US/I-tie match on Telelatino and in the first half the US took the piss out of the Azzurri. Italy is very lucky it's still a tie game right now.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 I-ties

The I-ties did play better in the second half after they took off Totti and Vieri. The goal was controversial as it was clear that an I-tie tripped the US player who was in posseision of the ball to strip it away and set up the winner.

All in all I don't think too much can be taken from this game. The I-ties are still very predictable, they'll sit back and defend their one goal lead and hope for the counter attack.

In other group G news Ecuador beat Turkey 1-0 and Croatia bored the fcuk out of it's fans in 0-0 draw.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the second half the Italians pissed on the States!!!!

CDK did you fcuks win thats what I thought, get used to that feeling!!!!!!

When you dont win you start making excuses!!!!!

The Italian player won the ball cleanly and they scored!!!!!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, Zenga. The I-ties did piss on the US in the second half when they replaced the very useless duo of Totti and Vieri...

As for Croatia, We never play well in friendlies...

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That just shows that we have alot of quality players in Italia. We have a wide pool to chose from not just the 20 that you guys have.

Think about that man!!!!!!

Another excuse about the friendlies I think you must have a long list!!!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon, Zenga.

If you watched the I-tie game it's obvious I was being sarcastic... Just read about it on any Soccer website...the Italian fans were so disgusted with the Azzurri that they were cheering all the passes made by the US team. Italy is vulnerable....

As for the 'me making excuses??' I don't know what to say except that maybe should re-take that grade one remedial English course.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes you are right Italia is vulnerable....

As for the excuses you dont know what to say because you are running out!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite losing 2-1 to Yugoslavia in Phoenix, Arizona, Aguirre said on Thursday that he now had a much clearer idea of how Mexico will have to play to beat Croatia.

``I've seen Croatia and now they don't scare me at all,'' Aguirre said on arrival in Mexico City. ``They are very orderly but they have a hard time scoring.''

Before the match in Phoenix, Aguirre said he had been losing sleep over their World Cup opener, but added that the friendly with Yugoslavia would help Mexico prepare for Croatia because both teams played a similar style of football.

Despite controlling long stretches of Wednesday's match, Mexico could not get back on terms after conceding two first-half goals to Yugoslavia, who had Dejan Stankovic sent off 10 minutes from time.

Aguirre said he was unhappy about the result and the attitude of his players.

``I'm dissatisfied with the result and the passivity and apathy that we showed after the (first) goal we received,'' he said. ``My teams can have good, poor or average performances, but they must have a good attitude.''

Aguirre said he planned to name his final World Cup squad by April 3 and have them together by April 17.

Mexico, who face Croatia, Italy and Ecuador in group G of the World Cup finals in South Korea and Japan, will play a friendly against Macedonia on March 13 at a venue yet to be determined, Aguirre said.

How about that? A Mexican coach taking the piss out of the 'mighty' Croatians.

Croatia 0 Bulgaria 0

Ireland 2 Russia 0

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about that? A Mexican coach taking the piss out of the 'mighty' Croatians.

Is that supposed to wind us Croats up?

Back to the drawing board, Captain. Croatia has never lost to Mexico either.

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fact: Croatia currently holds the best defence in the world, which only let in two goals during qualifying. As stated by FIFA, nobody came close to even matching that in qualifying.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good News!

Croatian libero Igor Tudor has returned from a three month injury to score in todays game against Inter. It looks like he hasn't lost a step. Prolific German Bundusliga scorer Tomislav Maric will be making his return from injury next week as will Bayern Munich's Niko Kovac.

They should all hit top form just in time for the World Cup. :cool:

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey slav you guys were lucky during qualifying you guys are going to get destroyed in the world cup! you guys didnt even qualify for the euro cup in 2000 what makes oyu think you are going to do good in the world cup!?!?!?

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What makes me think we're going to do well in the WC?

The fact that we haven't lost a game for a while now (not sure how long exactly, maybe CDK can help me out there) and also the fact that all our players seem to be in form and only getting better, such as, Igor Tudor, since his return from injury 2 goals in 2 games for Juve, one of which was on Sportsnet Morning am top 3 highlights. And also because we NEVER EVER lost to Italy, or he other 2 teams in the group. We also won't lose a game because simply put, Croatians are winners.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0