Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU Premier

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calls have been made

Apparently you had to make at least 1 tryout to make/stay on the team, assuming that you weren't too old of course.
:rolleyes:

We were told that if you didn't make a tryout then you wouldn't be signed.

Guess the Premier team will be made up of about 8 guys then.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trying to make a Run at the VMSL

Well a Valley team has started real early this year to try and make a run at the the vancouver teams.

But come on, making cuts in June, that is a classic, who is running this fukcing team.

Most teams don't get together until the end of Aug. and we only have 12 guys, no one gets cut until mid-september at least.

We have room for the old guys in the VMSL.

Yoda and TR, come on over.
Khalsa IS CALLING.

HOS

H-Dog

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ON the Team?

Millsy, Yoda, & the Rob,

I have not received the phoned call either. The word on the street is there's a youth movement on the rise. I did not make the two tryouts or the practice so I guess I'm cut. Lets face I do not have youth on my side anymore and I drink to much so I really must be gone or maybe the CAT team, who knows. But we all know how we have been told one thing and shown another. Well Millsy any suggestions for next season?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise Baby

Originally posted by H-Dog
Well Millsy any suggestions for next season?

Millsy doesn't have to show up until the first match, he is the Franchise and an All-Star. For you other Old Cats, you better start searching for a team that will give you a second shot at a career after wasting away in GEU Land.

Talk to Capt. I heard that Club I give anyone a trial, and most ofter take anyone.

Could we see Millsy in the VMSL Premier next season?

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they have one

Didar is having a cracker summer with PCSL Team, they have only lost once in 8 matches.

I heard that Slurrey U. is looking for some Veterans on the bench, to replace the plumbers that they now. knvb anyword, thought you might know.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Foot in mouth disease again....

Talk to Capt. I heard that Club I give anyone a trial, and most ofter take anyone

This of course explains why you even showed up to one of our practices before we kicked your sorry ass out. You couldn't lace Club I Champ's boots.

So yes it is true, sometimes we let real donkeys come out and this is probably the most blatant case in the last 14 years or so.

However, HOS is not invited out this year but everyone else. We will never make the same mistake twice, or in Regs case, 3 times. :p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Foot in Ass Disease

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
This of course explains why you even showed up to one of our practices before we kicked your sorry ass out. You couldn't lace Club I Champ's boots.

I stayed for only one practice because I could not take the intensity of the session and the advanced training techniques that was used by the Great Club I Staff.
It is a wonder to me that such a great Club with great players and staff would end up in 1st Div. or even 2nd Div., where did it all go so wrong.

If you will take me, can I please have one more shot to make good, I will not pull a Regy.

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking Forward to Another Shot

Can't wait to pull the Hoops on for Training.
wtf?
Have I been drinking this afternoon, according to Capt. I am on the piss 4 out of 7 nights a week.

Aug. 6th, isn't that a little early in the year, I was thinking Sept. 6th, First League game is Sun. Sept. 7th.

HOS back on the Club I bandwagon, if Regs will drive him out to Richmond Again.:rolleyes:

H-Dog

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gong Show for coach

Hey Gong Show,

I here the GEU CAT team is looking for a coach so I gave Al S**K
your #. High paying, high profile position.

H-Dog

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're Checked

Hey The Rob,

I've checked my PM's finally, thanks for dropping me a line. Sorry to hear about your football career. What are you going to do nest year?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not scheduled to nest until around 2034 so up until then I'm not sure. I'll keep you posted ya wee wanka.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Gong Show for coach

Hey Gong Show,

You've got to be fcuking joking!!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, I haven't received a call yet either. What do you think it means guys?:confused: Christ, my eyes were stuck together this morning. I had to get someone to open them for me.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Gong Show for coach

Be careful as was stated yes the money is very good and you get tonnes of chicks but the resposibility is far too demanding that is why I quit.:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I hear, the Premier coach was sent a couple of scathing e-mails last week regarding his "tryouts in June, cutting people in June" technique. He tried to explain his ideas to this person, but was then picked apart in a reply. The coach then thought it best to forward the e-mails to every coach in the club in an attempt to smear this quality young lad. It hasn't worked however and I'm sure this guy will find a home within the club. This coach hasn't got a clue about what is going on around him. The players stopped "playing" for him years ago yet they don't sack him and he won't leave.

I believe it was one of the PAU guys who said recently(not on TTP)that if GEU had a coach who knew the slightest bit about the game, they'd be a force not only in the FVSL but the Province.

Something has to be done if GEU wants to move forward. Until he's gone, they won't.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

Why don't you tell us who this "quality young lad" is?

The more I read on TTP and hear on the streets about the woes of the GEU soccer club the more appealing over 35's is becoming.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

This is the third pre-season in a row now that we’ve been reading about the coach, and how he’s not respected by his players or by the other teams in the organization. This has been written by players from all over the club- premier, reserves, Tigers…and none of these comments are positive towards him. What gives? Why doesn’t the board remove him?

Another question: is this a case of the reserve / premier players not liking this guy, while there is no general discontent with him through the rest of the club? In other words, is he serving the mandate of the entire club well (including the youth teams)?

If he isn’t serving the mandate, it should be easy to remove him. The problem may be in finding a replacement…not many want to take on that responsibility on a volunteer basis. There needs to be cash on the table.

As for the player’s situation…sounds bunk to me. The earliest teams should start try-outs is August. Guys need time away from the serious side of soccer…of time away completely. Weather to heal injuries, recharge, or simply to enjoy other endeavors, guys need time away. It seems ludicrous to hold these early try-outs, unless the intention is to weed out a significant portion of the team. Given where the team finished last year, that doesn’t make sense to me.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0