Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Garrison new addition to Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
not enough space here to list the litany of players that took time out of their golf games to snipe out how much it sucked to see the Canucks having success... Garrison has one good year and you're ready to change his oil... unreal...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb Garisson is stronger than Salo or Rome. He has a shot like Salo. His foot speed is better than Salo's or Rome's. Over all he is a good addition. Young Patrick Mullen is a speedy puck moving D. CANUCKS also added him to their lineup, he will most likley end up in Chicago.
Derik Goslin will take place of Rome. In my opinion we are bity better than last year. Younger and stronger. Any time you add two or three north Americans come playoff it shows.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trade Luongo to Laffs for David Steckel and first rounder.
Sign Cristobal Huet as a backup to give Lack another year to develop.
Sign Doan at a cap hit of 4 for 4 years.

Loads of cap space and this:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Doan Kesler Booth
Higgins Steckel Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Malhotra
Weise and Kassian spare
Garrison Edler
Bieksa Hamhuis
Tanev Ballard
Alberts.
Schneider & Huet.

That should leave you about 4M in cap space too, cap is now 70.20m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trade Luongo to Laffs for David Steckel and first rounder.
Sign Cristobal Huet as a backup to give Lack another year to develop.
Sign Doan at a cap hit of 4 for 4 years.

Loads of cap space and this:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Doan Kesler Booth
Higgins Steckel Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Malhotra
Weise and Kassian spare
Garrison Edler
Bieksa Hamhuis
Tanev Ballard
Alberts.
Schneider & Huet.

That should leave you about 4M in cap space too, cap is now 70.20m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I'll be happy w/ whatever they get for Lou right now, and I agree they need someone like Huet (experienced, but not a clear #1 anymore) to back-up.

My problem w/ your line-up is that I think it needs a major change. Raymond & Malhotra have to go (yet they re-signed Raymond...maybe just to retain the asset?). Doan would be fantastic, but not sure even he can fix Kessler. Not sure even moving Burrows back full time will help him. Honestly, I think moving Kessler has to be an option, if there is a trade to be had in the East. Problem is, his value is so low right now...but I am convinced he'll always be an "almost" guy. Plus, getting a centre back is tough.
Booth should be given a look on the top line, where things are simplified, where he will get great looks (instead of looked past), and where his speed will be better utilized.

Play Kassian in the 2nd line role. Baptism by fire. Maybe Doan/Kessler/Kassian, or Burrows if Doan doesn't materialize?

Burrows is a lifer here, me thinks...always a place for a player like him on the squad. Big difference between he and Kessler...Burrows actually makes those around him a bit better, while Kessler, as a linemate, is a career killer for guys. Every one except Burrows, actually. Just look at the history.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kesler is just miscast as a Centre imho. He'd be one of the better right handed shooting wingers in the league if he didn't play C. He doesn't have the ability to pass while screaming up the ice. He is such a powerful fantastic skater, but like many Yanks (hate to generalize, but it's true) they can be one dimensional... as in Kessel, Parise, Pavelski etc.

Kesler had some of his best play ever with the Nucks while playing wing with Sundin, and since Mats left his offensive production (One Series vs Nashville playing second rate dmen while Suter and Weber were grinding the Twins and Burrows into the Ice not withstanding) has come almost exclusively on the PP with the Twins.

Raymond isn't going anywhere I'm afraid. He had such a bad year last year, and that's not the real Raymond I don't think, his broken back really hampered him I think, but the 25 goal Raymond was a career year in a great team getting plum PP minutes etc. From what we know he was instrumental in landing Garrison here as they were BFF's since College. I don't think you ship one of your new Stud Dmen's BFF away without giving Raymond a chance to start a season fully healthy and with a chip on his shoulder for swallowing a 400k pay cut. He has something to prove imho and is a great swiss army knife bottom 6 forward role player, he's a bit expensive for that role yes, but is essentially worthless in a trade till he can start producing again.

You know 100% Malhotra will not be back after this season when his contract is up, he'll have to take a massive pay cut or move elsewhere, not sure he's retiring at 33 years old. He just hasn't been the same since his injury.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kesler is just miscast as a Centre imho. He'd be one of the better right handed shooting wingers in the league if he didn't play C. He doesn't have the ability to pass while screaming up the ice. He is such a powerful fantastic skater, but like many Yanks (hate to generalize, but it's true) they can be one dimensional... as in Kessel, Parise, Pavelski etc.

Kesler had some of his best play ever with the Nucks while playing wing with Sundin, and since Mats left his offensive production (One Series vs Nashville playing second rate dmen while Suter and Weber were grinding the Twins and Burrows into the Ice not withstanding) has come almost exclusively on the PP with the Twins.

Raymond isn't going anywhere I'm afraid. He had such a bad year last year, and that's not the real Raymond I don't think, his broken back really hampered him I think, but the 25 goal Raymond was a career year in a great team getting plum PP minutes etc. From what we know he was instrumental in landing Garrison here as they were BFF's since College. I don't think you ship one of your new Stud Dmen's BFF away without giving Raymond a chance to start a season fully healthy and with a chip on his shoulder for swallowing a 400k pay cut. He has something to prove imho and is a great swiss army knife bottom 6 forward role player, he's a bit expensive for that role yes, but is essentially worthless in a trade till he can start producing again.

You know 100% Malhotra will not be back after this season when his contract is up, he'll have to take a massive pay cut or move elsewhere, not sure he's retiring at 33 years old. He just hasn't been the same since his injury.

I totally agree on Kessler...much more value as a winger, and the team needs to accept that. It's just that big, strong, skillful, fast centres don't come along so often. But...Kessler just isn't a centre, unfortunately. That, or they re-unite him and Burrows permanently, and find a good 3rd there. Make for a high energy, high scorring pest line.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's tough to pinpoint where Kesler should be. Offensively, he has the vision of a mole, despite his 40 goal season a couple years back. But it's in his own end and in the faceoff circle where you have trouble finding a centre who is better.

I figure that Coach V just puts up with the poor offensive instincts when you have the complete package in the other end of the ice. Put him on the wing and you lose a good chunk of that ability.

If you have a couple of really fast wingers with him, then you could tell them them this:

"Okay guys. When Kes has the puck and he's skating through centre ice with it, take off as fast as you can for the corners. You (and everybody else in the arena) know he's going to wind up with a wrist shot, giving the defender plenty of time to reach out and tip it to the corner. That's where you come in..."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's tough to pinpoint where Kesler should be. Offensively, he has the vision of a mole, despite his 40 goal season a couple years back. But it's in his own end and in the faceoff circle where you have trouble finding a centre who is better.

I figure that Coach V just puts up with the poor offensive instincts when you have the complete package in the other end of the ice. Put him on the wing and you lose a good chunk of that ability.

If you have a couple of really fast wingers with him, then you could tell them them this:

"Okay guys. When Kes has the puck and he's skating through centre ice with it, take off as fast as you can for the corners. You (and everybody else in the arena) know he's going to wind up with a wrist shot, giving the defender plenty of time to reach out and tip it to the corner. That's where you come in..."

About as true as it gets, unfortunately.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Kesler thinks as a winger not as a centre. He has far tomany injuries to be able to score thity five goals or more. Canucks need a big centre to play against Menesota,LA and other teams with big guys running down the midle. Kes trys but then he gets hurt.
One guy wrote that maybe Toronto was going to give us Steckle on a trade for Luango. If they do it will make us a better team.
We need a guy that size to play as a second line centre with Kes an Burrows. Young Nick will most likley end up with twins on a first line.Club needs one more D we missed out on Rees he went to Pens.
This Luango thing is realy coasting us from getting a player or two.
Maybe we get a Phinex's Shane,if we do things will get better.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Kesler thinks as a winger not as a centre. He has far tomany injuries to be able to score thity five goals or more. Canucks need a big centre to play against Menesota,LA and other teams with big guys running down the midle. Kes trys but then he gets hurt.
One guy wrote that maybe Toronto was going to give us Steckle on a trade for Luango. If they do it will make us a better team.
We need a guy that size to play as a second line centre with Kes an Burrows. Young Nick will most likley end up with twins on a first line.Club needs one more D we missed out on Rees he went to Pens.
tumblr_m6xozpAS1m1qg1kcj.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I really have missed you, Mr. Base. :D

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the Canucks need to realize that they will be lucky to find anyone to take on Luongo's contract, given his complete inability to deliver when games matter... this "asking price" bs is about as laughable as what Howson wants for Nash...

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
attention canuck fans. ryan kesler is a "try hard" one trick pony, and garrison was lucky to be paired up with campbell. the same goes for kevin "tuff guy"bieksa. he hit the jackpot when he got paired up with hamhuis.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB i agee with your post. Onley two teams will maybe take him. Toronto did not make playoffs for a long time. Burks but is on the line if they fails to make the playoffs this year. I think he will take Luango but Canucks will get maybe second line player for him and possible fourth round pick.
Canucks D is still not good enough Balard might endup in Toronto with Luango. We might see two players go and four come our way.
We need more grit type of players. Young Lee Baldwin needs a place to play he would fit our mold. Connatan needs a spot, he is more of a stay at home player. Balard runns allover the place. Forgets the most important part.I truly hope Gillis makes the move soon. He will get less and less as summer goes on.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bernier declaring his trade request to be closer to his off-season home in Quebec certainly makes things a bit harder for Gillis to look towards Burke...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with Bernier is he is an unproven starter and I am not sure Burke wants to go down that road again because if the Leafs get off to a bad start this year Donald Trump maybe making an appearance on HBO. Come to think of it seeing Burke get fired on camera would make for must watch TV :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys Bernier is not number one. Maybe in two years. He plays well two games third game he falls apart. Toronto has a guy like that.
Burke needs a proven keeper. Luang has way more chance to be Totronto's number one.
Buke is playing a game that will coast him his job if he does not bring in number on keeper.
I still think Luango will end up in US. Burke is like baba Duzzi cheep, but in the end you get what you pay for. Canucks must move Luango before the season starts or they will be split in the room. Not a good thing to start a new season with.
My gut feeling Nashvile is the club Lu will end up in. Nash would be a good fit here. It might take Kesler to get him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0