Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Garrison new addition to Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost Salo to Tampa,adding Garisson is improvment for Canucks. He is younger stronger player than Salo.Paying over four million per season is bit more than he should get. Six years is a long time. I truly hope he can step in and help.
What do you guys think of Garrison. I remember him from Richmond junior B side. He can also fight.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garrison gave the Nucks a big time discount. He was gonna get north of 5 per with the right term.
I like the signing. But he's only played essentially one year.
Jury is out for a while. Prefer this to schultz tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hate to see Sami go but this appears to be a very good signing. If he is paired with Edler, hopefully he can teach him how to keep the puck in at the point :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a bit of info.Lee Boldwin might become a Canuck.Youg guy from Alaska that can become a good NHLP.
He also has a nose for goals.
Bit od news from Alaska. I am not sure it it is so.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garrison = Ballard... Florida didnt want him and they have to get to the salary floor... what does that tell you... his big asset is his PP ability, and frankly that seems redundant on a team with two Sedins... good luck with the cap if Luongo stays put lol

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb, did Tallon tell you they didn't want him personally? I heard him on the radio saying he did. I also heard the Panthers came over the top with a contract that was "better" and he turned them down to be "at home"
Bruins fans should stick to Bruins matters. :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Garrison had an offensive breakout last year, he's actually better known for his defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
breakout season at 28... colour me suspicious... I realize the fan boys The Province now use in place of the Kurtenbloggers did a masterful job of playing with numbers over the weekend, but in terms of being worth the dough, I'll believe it when I see it...

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not exactly the right thread, but did anyone see the rumour we'd signed (or are about to) Derek Joslin from Carolina? I guess some depth in the D if it's true

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Worth"... anyone is only "worth" what someone is willing to Pay.

I don't think Parise is "worth" what he got, nor is Suter.

It's a sellers market when it comes to weaksauce free agent classes like this. Look what the Jets gave Jokinen FFS....

Both Suter and Parise are going to be paid 12M this year, and have cap hits of 7.538. Jordan Staal looks like a steal for his extended Cap Number of 6.0...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love to see how Vancouver will fit in the 8 million per that Weber will command... you're also forgetting the commentary from players around the league about Vancouver's antics during the 2011 SCF... some of them would no doubt rather land in Edmonton or Florida than become a Canuck... as for Garrison, if he produces as he did last year then the money spent to lure him to the west coast isnt terrible, given the weak group of UFA's someone else mentioned... I just dont see him stacking up against the Thornton, Getzlaf, and Toews' of the world.... but Ive been wrong before...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver got onother youngster on D. Derk Joslin is a newest Canuck. Six foot 1 210 lbs. Does any one know wher did he play before.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stints in NHL. Mostly an ahl player. They also signed mullen's kid. Some ahl offensive dman.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love to see how Vancouver will fit in the 8 million per that Weber will command...

8 fits into 70 a total of 8.75 times

you're also forgetting the commentary from players around the league about Vancouver's antics during the 2011 SCF... some of them would no doubt rather land in Edmonton or Florida than become a Canuck...
Show me where and who please

as for Garrison, if he produces as he did last year then the money spent to lure him to the west coast isnt terrible, given the weak group of UFA's someone else mentioned...
Our hockey insider JBN mentioned that.

I just dont see him stacking up against the Thornton, Getzlaf, and Toews' of the world....
Garrison wont have much problem pushing Thornton and his wheelchair from out front of the net. As for Getzlaf, we will leave that to Weber. And Toews didn't cause Yandle to many problems in last years playoffs..

but Ive been wrong before...
See above

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0