Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSLPremier] Off-season rumours and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: '06 Offseason rumours and stuff

Kevin Hector said:
I hear Lampard, Zidane and Beckham have all asked Guru if they could join the best team to ever grace the FVSL the Celtic of Pitt Meadows

Sorry.... If they're looking, they'll have to go elswhere.... we're full up to our mantitties :bronco:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

could you please send all the left overs our way as we suck, and anyone passed over by Celtic would be good enough to start in the English Prem.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
could you please send all the left overs our way as we suck, and anyone passed over by Celtic would be good enough to start in the English Prem.
We were thinking of putting a team in there.... didn't like the weather though... and the ****ry's full of limeys!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was speaking with one of the RAzor Backs players yesterday and he said that they won't be joining up with Poco, They will be in Div1 next season, so the Gunners will have to wait one more year.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
I was speaking with one of the RAzor Backs players yesterday and he said that they won't be joining up with Poco, They will be in Div1 next season, so the Gunners will have to wait one more year.
That's a dirty rumour..... yes they ARE jonining forces...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't see how that would help Rex, he's done to much work over the years to just join POco and let them filter the players they have through Poco's Club, doesn't make sense, Rex stands to gain nothing, why would they just give up there Div1 spot????

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
I don't see how that would help Rex, he's done to much work over the years to just join POco and let them filter the players they have through Poco's Club, doesn't make sense, Rex stands to gain nothing, why would they just give up there Div1 spot????
WTF ?!?!?!

Rex has done WHAT ?! ?! ?! ?

Ya... he's the king pin for DFC :rolleyes:

It was myself and Rex that joined our two teams together 3 years ago. Our team was called Celtic FC, and he was with Alouette Piggybacks... he approached me and we became DFC. "too much work over the years" ? ? ? I think not... it was a matter of entering DFC instead of just Celtic or Allouette on the forms...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hector,

The potential open spot has nothing to do w/ the DFC / Poco merger. It has to do w/ Storm folding. They fold, and the league will need to slot another squad in there. Hell, possibly DFC don't go down. Who knows.

Big transition year for the FVSL. Many positions open for election...if the right mix gets elected, positive things can happen. Wrong guy, and, well...

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Big transition year for the FVSL. Many positions open for election...if the right mix gets elected, positive things can happen. Wrong guy, and, well...

You have that right. It would be nice if we knew our options before heading into a meeting cold, where we have to make decisions on the spot.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quite simple really, any other option rather than JB.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Hector,

The potential open spot has nothing to do w/ the DFC / Poco merger. It has to do w/ Storm folding. They fold, and the league will need to slot another squad in there. Hell, possibly DFC don't go down. Who knows.

When you mean the wrong guy, who do you mean? Is there somebody that you know wants to run that might not be good for the league?? You sound like you know more than your letting on.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know what I would do with uot you Dude, by the way hows Angola???? don't worry I'm a Ghana with my team, Irish God of the wing is in for a Bollocking, hows does the guy thats making this world cup pool up end up with Brazil??? Rob Brown has always been a good Pres, I'm still fairly new to the FVSL why that for J.B. Utah???

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
I don't know what I would do with uot you Dude, by the way hows Angola???? don't worry I'm a Ghana with my team, Irish God of the wing is in for a Bollocking, hows does the guy thats making this world cup pool up end up with Brazil??? Rob Brown has always been a good Pres, I'm still fairly new to the FVSL why that for J.B. Utah???

King Kevin is on the bottle again...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

When did I get off the Drink????? Dude knows what I'm talking about, and Whats wrong with Rob Brown???? I think He's a great guy just lieks a shite team, Dirty Dirty Leeds

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just trying to get some discussion going here LFC2.

If JB is allowed to run unopposed, I feel it would be disastrous. The league needs strong leadership, but many of those strong candidates will simply not work w/ JB.

Bobby is a true gentleman and has been great, but sounds like he wants to hand over the keys. Also, Neil Fuge is retiring...the unsung hero and tireless worker of the FVSL. Thanks for all the hard work over the years, Neil.

I hope Coach has it in him. Did a great job last year w/ the All-Stars, is progressive, and will bring new ideas. Surround him w/ good people, get the guys some help in the way of a paid administrator, and let's see what happens.

Coach- Pres
Pete Thomas- VP (believe he has one more term)
Kevin Uppal- Director
Mike Wagner- Director
Secretary- Somebody in our club offered that our Will Peacokc would serve well, and I'd have to agree 100%.

Personally, I would one day like to dedicate a term to the league as well. Currently, I have barely enough time to dedicate two nights a week to playing, and if it weren't for evening games, I couldn't. My business is becoming more and more demanding of me, and with coaching my son in soccer, my daughter starting this year, then his hockey, and the wife's busy career...wish I could, especially if it meant working with a great group.

I know it appears hypocritical to be on here campaigning for others without even knowing if they're willing. Maybe even unfair to them. But, I feel this is an important vote, and it is important to get discussion going for the likes of Kevin Hector, whom haven't been around long enough to understand the importance.

Anyhow, I very much hope Coach has it in him to run. He's the man for the job. Again, Kenny, if you don't have it in you, I understand 100%...full respect for your reasons.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Just trying to get some discussion going here LFC2.

Personally, I would one day like to dedicate a term to the league as well. Currently, I have barely enough time to dedicate two nights a week to playing, and if it weren't for evening games, I couldn't. My business is becoming more and more demanding of me, and with coaching my son in soccer, my daughter starting this year, then his hockey, and the wife's busy career...wish I could, especially if it meant working with a great group.

What about your Yoga lesson and mowing the lawn?? You are one busy Dude. Appreciate the update on the wife and kids though.

Was not sure if the name had been thrown out as to who a number of us would be very concerned with, and wanted someone else, you, to do so. Agree with your take, and Utah's as well.

Agree or disagree with Rob and/or Neil, these guys have done a great job keeping this league going. I hope and trust we get a group coming out of Tuesday who like and respect each other enough to push this in the same positive direction as the previous and present/continuing bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0