Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSLPremier] Off-season rumours and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The latest of the offseason rumours has GEU losing it's senior players to other commitments to give the old Black Knights the Premier spot they always wanted to themselves.

Good Luck boys..........you'll need it.
Please at least don't blow the premier spot that's been given to you.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: '06 Offseason rumours and stuff

Some of the youth looked good, but I don't know how they plan to stay in the Prem, you still playing Yoda????

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Worst kept secret around: sounds like the Storm are folding.

What will happen w/ their spot? Rangers slide in and take it?

Coach? I see you lurking there big man... ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
Some of the youth looked good, but I don't know how they plan to stay in the Prem, you still playing Yoda????

Possibly just with myself this winter.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your wife said you play alot with yourself even in the summer.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumor: Poco and Dewdney are joining forces. Very reliable source this came from hmmmm.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like the Prem division is in line for a bit of a shake-up this year. W/ the Storm folding, that means a bunch of them will be scattered about. Imagine a bunch of squads will be trying to reel in a few of them...Garish, Sandro, Curtis, and Wagstaff come to mind. Would suspect a bunch of them are also done w/ Premier, and will likely filter down as well. There are more guys that could still play prem, and certainly help a div. 1 squad. Of that bunch, I'd say Curtis will be chassed down the hardest, considering he's still very fit, and has always been a pain in the ass to handle through the midfield. Plus, you don't find many guys who compete as hard as he does. he has a number of good years still left in him playing prem. Garish, who knows. Really, who knows the kid? Very quiet, likeable guy...did I say quiet? Wondering if perhaps GN will play the ethnic card there. He'll help many a Prem squad out; the kid is a cat in the pipes. Waggy was hurt all last year with a fracture he's been trying to heal. If he can get healthy, he'd complement many a striker. Big target man, a workhorse, difficult player for defenders to coral, and a nose for the net. What he's lacked in skills coming up he more than made up for with intelligence and competitiveness. As for Sandro, well, everyone know what he can offer up front, or even as an attacking winger. At the end of the day, he'll land on whatever team covers his fees, and buys him a new pair of boots. ;) He's suiting up for the Mighty Langley Lounge Lizards these days, but not sure if Utah has the budget...sort of blew that on a recent trip to Costa Rica.

So...DFC / Poco FC merger seems like a natural fit, and maybe not such a bad thing for the division. All these changes may leave a spot or two open in 1st, as well. Assuming the Cat division stays (God, kill it Kenny), somebody has to come up. Assume 1st in line there would be DFC Celtic, but now with the news of the merger, plus Guru's stated disinterest in managing a 1st div squad, who knows. Personally, I'd strongly endorse that spot going to the Port Moody Gunners, because they are a team with a plan, with a strong coaching / managing staff that will make sure the kids are well prepared and play well. Besides, if the league is going to be in a position of promoting an extra squad up, they should look to young teams that have an interest in improving to earn a Premier spot. The Gunners have stated that this is their focus.

Finally, the President's position is up for grabs. Cainy put in the most interesting post sometime back that the league needs a full time paid administrator to reduce the workload for the execs, which makes perfect sense. I want to hear from players and coaches who they'd feel would be a good selection for President, and why.

Names that come to mind for me: Ken (Coach) Cormack, Mike Cain, Mike Wagner, and Kevin Upall. Those are the kinds of personalities I think the league needs. This is probably pie in the sky stuff, as there has to be a desire there too for putting up with the politics. I've heard that working on the executive can be a very tiring and not-so-rewarding affair, so full respect also to those who choose that maintaining low blood pressure and not cutting into otherwise crazy work and personal lives is a higher priority. That I can completely understand, too. Again, pie in the sky...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If there is money involved, I think the FVSL should go after a personality to represent the league, someone like Mr. October himself - Steve Millar.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Another name: Robin Regnier. Besides the fact that he's "mature" enough, he brings practicle organizational experience to the table, as a side benefit the FVSL would get more airtime on Insinc. ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

None off these off season rumors really make me believe it will make Premier any better. GEU arguably losing their top 3-4 players and the second to last team hooking up with the last place team.
Too bad about Whalley. Inevitable as they never really changed. Some very good people and character on that squad, just not the numbers and the influx of new blood you need to constantly bring in.
Agree with Dude for the 1000th time on the CAT. Can it. There are way more premier caliber players playing Div 1 and lower than in CAT.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agree with you on the Prem changes front. Will not make the division better. Stagnant, maybe. With the loss of top GEU players, possible decline.

This is why I endorse the idea of sliding the Gunners into 1st. There will be an open Div. 1 spot as a result of the shift(s). The Gunners' biggest weakness last year was a lack of veteran intelligence. They were the only team to beat us, and we tied them twice (one was a Knight's league loss in PKs). I can tell you that we did not tie them by matching skill and pace. When we did try that, we were slaughtered.

Fortunately, we were able to pick up enough points and earn our promotion. Holding those little fcukers off was a chore, though.

In any event, they did finish the league w/ very impressive stats, they are a squad w/ proper coaching and management, and they have the goods. If the league is in the position of having to slide a team into that spot, you want a team w/ players who aspire to win promotion into Prem, and the players to do it. In time, getting young, skillful players into the Prem division will improve the quality of the league.

And, yes, while we're at it, scrap Cat, and find a place for those teams that actually do want to stay together. Bring back the 4th division, and drop some teams out of 2nd down to 3rd, and so on. Fix it, and fix it properly.

My 2 cents...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU has lost more like 5 vets from the prem team, and three other teams are folding from GEU, going to make tryouts this weekend interesting to say the least.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin,

Answer me this...why the fcuk does GEU always have these "try-outs" at just about the worst time of the year? On a weekend? Beginning of summer? Doesn't this seem completely assinine to you?

I wonder how many GEU Tigers will be at said "try-outs".

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TheRob said:
Rumor: Poco and Dewdney are joining forces. Very reliable source this came from hmmmm.....

Any truth to this one Big Bag Sniffer? Where is home park then?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why does it always take Dude to state the obvious. Agree once again.
Dude for Prez.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC2,

Flattery will get you nowhere.

And fcuk off, I'm busy.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So is he. Someone has to be on-line to tell me I'm always on line.

Try-outs in June again? Fcuking ridiculous especially considering how truly bad they are. They need to sign #22 Wade.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's why he's the Dude, Honestly I think it's the stupidest thing we could do as a club, why do "try-outs" in ****ing June??? the team I'll be picking in june won't be the same in September anyway, it's a joke they should have an open Sunday kick about running through the summer, ah but what do I know I only PLay Div2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0