Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #6 MOTW

Which is the MOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming weekend will mark 1/3 the league schedule completed for most teams. A couple teams fighting to maintain unbeaten records, while a couple teams battle to get out of relegation standing. Which is the MOTW in your mind?

GEU vs Delta Metro (Fri. 7:30pm, Albion)

Two teams coming off of victories this past weekend, and hoping to build momentum and confidence. Delta will have to look to find a way around the physical battles, as they will certainly fall victim to GEU if they allow that style of game to be played. A win for either team, puts them amongst the leaders. A loss, signals an even deeper hole to climb out of. Much to play for.

Chilliwack vs GN (Fri. 8:00pm, Exhibition Pk.)

It appears that GN have shaken off the inconsistencies of past seasons, and have established themselves as early favourites to win the league. A perfect 4 - 0 record have them sitting atop the standings with a game in hand! Chilliwack, however will have something to say this weekend, as they host this match-up at the Ex. Look for plently of mitten sightings, as it could be a cold, wet one......on real grass. Definitely a gooder!!

Lions vs Langley (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie Pk.)

The lowly Lions (0 - 5), with no reprieve in sight, look to be in tough again this coming weekend vs Langley who are still unbeaten this season. It will take a team effort to steal points from a tough, and fit Langley team. Relagation looming.

SUFC vs PAU (Sat. 6:00pm, Newton Ath.)

Last season, SUFC got their first win of their compaign vs PAU on the Newton turf. Two draws back to back for the Sikhs this season is hardly impressive, but is definitely a step in the right direction. Will be interesting to see how PAU respond after a disappointing result last weekend.

Whalley vs Poco (Sun. 2:15pm, AHP Matthews)

Whalley have come back down to earth in recent weeks, suffering back-to-back losses, but come up against an offensively anaemic Poco side. Are we in store for another 0 - 0 draw!?

Votes and comments welcome.........

Previous MOTW honours:

#1 Poco vs Delta Metro
#2 Langley vs Poco
#3 PAU vs Langley
#4 GEU vs Poco
#5 Langley vs Chilliwack

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU and DMU
Should be a decent game, both teams needing the 3 point to stay in the hunt for first place. I would give the edge to GEU, they have a little momentum from last game and will probably be the hungrier team this week

Chilli and GN

Both teams having good starts and showing that they both have firepower upfront. But GN has been having bad luck out in the Wack, though I wanna win this, I gotta think Chilli are the favorites.

Lions and Langley

Easily Langley are the Favorites, I haven't seen Langley play this season, but the Lions just dont seem like they are interested at all. I also hear there is some lockerroom trouble, but thats just a rumor.

SUFC and PAU

I think this could be an interesting game depending which SUFC's players come. There is a huge lack of commitment in the Temple camp, but if they do get the players that played against us, and actually are there to prove something, they could help us out and steal 3 points from Peace Arch.

Whalley and POCO

I have seen Whalley and they seem like a bottom feeder premier team. On the other side, POCO isnt scoring, but they sure are defending. I never got to see Whalley's forward that is talked about, but if POCO keeps there D intact I think they will take the 3 points. I also see POCO scoring a few goals because Whalley's D didnt seem that great.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting results this week to keep everybody honest and I think the trend will continue as we move to week #6.

CHILLIWACK v. GN SPORT
Lets start with MOTW. This will be a good match up for skill and speed with advantage Chilliwack when it comes to bite as well as playing at home. GN Sport to drop points on the road this week and put a dent in their unblemished record. Not sure how many points they will drop, but a draw is where I'm putting my tokens.

ND LIONS v. LANGLEY FC
This could be a very long season for the Lions unless they turn it around in a hurry. Could this be their week.? Probably not, as they play an udefeated Langley team who continue to put points on the board. Langley to win this one.

SUFC v. PAU
It will be interesting to see how the Nation responds after a disappointing loss on Sunday. Unlike last year, they are quite aware of where it went wrong for them this week. SUFC coming off a good result against Poco will try to improve on their record and will give PAU a run for its money this week. Of all the games this week this has upset written all over it, however I see a few tactical/coaching changes being implemented by the boys from the Rock which will secure them all three points.

WHALLEY v. POCO
Whalley coming down to earth in recent weeks and both teams struggling to score. Poco being the stingiest team in the league with only 3 GA while Whalley have the second worst record in the League in that department. The only problem is that Poco have only scored 4 goals in four games. So the answer is a complete snoozer with the points being shared unless one team finally comes out of the cage.

GEU v. DELTA
Obviously a big game for teams both coming off of wins this week and looking to catch up with the front runners. Neither team can afford to lose this one.
Lots at stake. Should be a good battle out at Albion on Friday. Probably not MOTW but worth the trip unless of course you travelling to the Wack. No prediction in this one as it keeps biting me in the arse every time I do.

Cheers Lads

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs Langley
the lowly, 0-5 Lions don't stand a chance against a very strong and fit Langley side.
Langley to cruise to an easy victory.

Sikh vs PAU
the Sikh side has been known to occasionally upset a top team but i think PAU will be determined to rebound from last weekend's loss to GEU.
PAU to grab three from newton.

Whalley vs PoCo
a sleeper :eek: if these teams don't wake up. Poco has been unimpressive to date and Whalley hasn't recovered from their venture to the Wack.
probably a close one, i'll say TW gets his first for PoCo to give them the 1-0 win.

GEU vs DMU
runner up for motw. two respectable clubs struggling to remind us why they deserve our respect. should be a battle at albion. no prediction except for that the winner of this match will continue to roll in coming weeks.

Wack vs GN
my MOTW. GN has done well in their first four and will be looking to extend their lead in the standings as well as their winning ways. the Wack, on the other hand, is a difficult team to face at home and will be hungry to prove they deserve to be at the top of the table after letting one get away in Langley last week.
the Wack to hand GN their first loss of the season.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta vs Langley
Langley to win in convincing fashion

Sikh vs PAU
PAU to come back after a loss to GEU last week, Sikhs will give a tough game but PAU to win by atleast two.

Whalley vs Poco MOTW

This game does have the making for a motw...Whalley has showin that they can play and Poco has always been a fairly strong side although not off to there best start, if both teams come to play could fair for a very interesting match.

GEU vs DMU
Going to be a good match this week with both teams comming of wins, especially GEU after comming off that huge win against PAU. Both teams had tight matches last year and I think this year should be the same, going to be a close game with GEU taking it 2-1

Whack vs GN
Although GN has not lost this year I definitly think that the Whack will hand them there first lost no question about it. GN has done well for a start of the season but im predicting a Whack cake walk with the Whack taking it by atleast 3.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/DELTA....Close battle with two hungry teams looking to get some momentum, haven't seen Delta yet (this year) so it's a pickem I would say.

CHILLI/GN....Definately match of the week, CHILLI to take the points at home.

ND/LANGLEY....Can Delta overcome adversity and pull this one out, delta to battle hard to the bitter end and pull out a tie.

SU/PAU....SU on a roll, can they keep it going? A close match but PAU to win this one.

STORM/POCO....The past two weeks the Storm have been missing Sandro our starting Striker and Peter our starting defender. These players bring premier level experience which has been missed greatly as the goals we seem to be giving up have been mainly gifts from the defense and midfield. Take away two of the top five players on any squad and they will notice it. This is the main reason for the horrible results the past two weeks as we've beaten better teams than Chilli. GN was skilled but didn't look overly impresive for an undefeated team. Look for a different Storm side this weekend....

Coventry

Oct 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well another week ahead of us and a bunch of games to look forward too...
I dont know very much about the league but im starting to get the jist of it...sure i started to attend games this season but i think my role is solidified as the piss tank.

But im gonna give a crack at this weeks predictions...

hmmm well will u look at that..everything i was gonna say KOKANEE has already said it. Makes my life so much easier. Hey KOKANEE you missed out monday night on the island...and that beer u made me drink the next morning was nasty dawg...

Okay thats it ya'll Good luck to all the teams!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coventry said:
Well another week ahead of us and a bunch of games to look forward too...
I dont know very much about the league but im starting to get the jist of it...sure i started to attend games this season but i think my role is solidified as the piss tank.

But im gonna give a crack at this weeks predictions...

hmmm well will u look at that..everything i was gonna say KOKANEE has already said it. Makes my life so much easier. Hey KOKANEE you missed out monday night on the island...and that beer u made me drink the next morning was nasty dawg...

Okay thats it ya'll Good luck to all the teams!

I want the last twenty seconds of my life back.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is so much fcuking bum touching and ego stroking in here it’s really starting to wind me up and I can only half blame Dude and Chuck this time. “You guys are all class”… two sides with a combined 1 point will be a “cracking game”… Millsy isn’t “that fat”… fcuk off. You all hate each other and you wouldn’t think twice about going in studs up on anyone of the cnuts who post, so why don’t you just fcuking say it! You all sound like a bunch of fcuking girls after a game of netball.

Two chronic losers will battle off to see who the best of the worst is. For all those who think GEU has magically pulled it all together because the won last week should really try and stop running into walls head first or fighting with people from Misson at a glass bottle factory.

MOTW material I suppose, but any self respecting hick worth his weight in beer will twat the first muppet wearing longs sleeves and his mother’s mittens. Long, drive cool evening will have, I think, Chilliwack win my almost MOTW pick.

Good fcuking God skip, you should be ashamed for even posting this one. Lions, are and will always be the punching bags of the FVSL. How does 0-1-19 record sound Lions? Better get use to it. They’ll get the draw on a 0-0 inter squad after Christmas. Besides LFC told me they’ll win. You should have heard the way he was bad mouthing them last night. This will be a cake walk. They don’t deserve our respect. We’re the best fcuking team in the league with-out a doubt. This one is over before it starts... and on and on he went. Then Utah got up and had a go. It was getting a bit embarrassing really.

I don’t make the news I just report it.

This might not bad game actually. Though, I think come the end of the game if PAU doesn’t score they run the risk of not winning. You heard it here first from Captain Obvious. Cainy, good luck not c0cking up your teams chances on and off the park. Start with taking Guinness to the barber and leaving him there.

Whalley is my new favourite team probably because they don’t come in here a toggle balls like 3/4 of you. That and I haven’t seen them play yet. This gets my MOTW honour for the simple fact they are 1. playing during the day and 2. it’s on this revolutionary new surface called grass. Amazing stuff. Grows right out of the ground. Crazy I know.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
There is so much fcuking bum touching and ego stroking in here it’s really starting to wind me up and I can only half blame Dude and Chuck this time. “You guys are all class”… two sides with a combined 1 point will be a “cracking game”… Millsy isn’t “that fat”… fcuk off. You all hate each other and you wouldn’t think twice about going in studs up on anyone of the cnuts who post, so why don’t you just fcuking say it! You all sound like a bunch of fcuking girls after a game of netball.

Two chronic losers will battle off to see who the best of the worst is. For all those who think GEU has magically pulled it all together because the won last week should really try and stop running into walls head first or fighting with people from Misson at a glass bottle factory.

MOTW material I suppose, but any self respecting hick worth his weight in beer will twat the first muppet wearing longs sleeves and his mother’s mittens. Long, drive cool evening will have, I think, Chilliwack win my almost MOTW pick.

Good fcuking God skip, you should be ashamed for even posting this one. Lions, are and will always be the punching bags of the FVSL. How does 0-1-19 record sound Lions? Better get use to it. They’ll get the draw on a 0-0 inter squad after Christmas. Besides LFC told me they’ll win. You should have heard the way he was bad mouthing them last night. This will be a cake walk. They don’t deserve our respect. We’re the best fcuking team in the league with-out a doubt. This one is over before it starts... and on and on he went. Then Utah got up and had a go. It was getting a bit embarrassing really.

I don’t make the news I just report it.

This might not bad game actually. Though, I think come the end of the game if PAU doesn’t score they run the risk of not winning. You heard it here first from Captain Obvious. Cainy, good luck not c0cking up your teams chances on and off the park. Start with taking Guinness to the barber and leaving him there.

Whalley is my new favourite team probably because they don’t come in here a toggle balls like 3/4 of you. That and I haven’t seen them play yet. This gets my MOTW honour for the simple fact they are 1. playing during the day and 2. it’s on this revolutionary new surface called grass. Amazing stuff. Grows right out of the ground. Crazy I know.

I want the last three and half minutes...... :(

Cheers

Chronic Loser #1

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:

There is a certain air of truth to this, I hate to admit it, but I draw the line waaaaay before 'toggling balls'! :mad:

Funny KNVB :D ....but fukc off, none the less.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely done KNVB, you seem to have summed it up without stepping on anyone's toes. Nice job on the avtars by the way, especially Utah's. He is a loud mouthed little cnut isn't he!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Besides LFC told me

Who is this cnut? Never spoken to him nor care to. Got calls out but nobody in Lion land is answering the phones. None of this was said as we all know the scariest team to play is the team with no pressure. CNUT. (Besides Nukes does all the talking, I just put up the net's-check your facts CNUT-something tells me Dude was the rat.)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice new avatars boys.....but just cause you gottem, doesn't mean you get to post off-topic.

MOTW discussions only please. Looks like this one is a landslide. My prediction:

GN to lose big to the Wack this weekend. In fact, they might not even find the park! :eek:

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW
Chilli vrs Gn. The Wack to thump 'em 4-1 . That is, if Becker can continue to thump the ball into the stratosphere for 90.

and.....sorry Skip. The little talk gets me goin.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes me too Skip, won't happen again. CNUT got me going.
On topic:

POCO/Whalley. I will be in that neck of the woods after our CAT game so plan on checking it out. Not expecting much, but will be interesting to see if POCO has got a bit fitter, and don't know much about Whalley. POCO defence on track, POCO win.

PAU/SUFC Upset of the week I hope. Happened last year, maybe twice???? Doubt it. PAU by two.

WACK/GN Tie best, Wack win second to bring GN back down to earth. Chilliwack in a tight one.

Langley/Lions Scary! No prediction.

MOTW. DMU and GEU. Important 3 points either way. I go with tradition here and expect a battle. Tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0