Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #2 MOTW

Which should be Skip's MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which is the MOTW for week #2?

GEU vs Whalley Fri. 7:30pm, Albion

Can the upstart Whalley Storm continue on their winning ways, and trip up the league champions? It's their first trip out to Albion to meet the Golden Ears Gorillas. Should be a physical, and spirited affair.

Delta Metro vs PAU Fri. 7:30pm, John Oliver

Always a fast, well played match between these two teams. Delta will be looking to play an ENTIRE match this week, and get their first win of the season. PAU look to build on their performance last week.

Delta Lions vs GN Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie Park

With the CAT team playing two days later, we should see a more energetic and prepared Lions team this weekend. Both sides are familiar and comfortable on this pitch, and both are capable of nice football. Should be a good match-up.

Chilliwack vs SUFC Fri. 8:00pm, Exhibition Park

With their captain back in the line up, Chilliwack will be looking to earn their first points of the season at home. Always a big deal to be part of the season opener at Exhibition Park. Hopefully the Sikhs learned something from their road trip to Albion last week, and come to play. If not, this could be a lop-sided affair.

Langley vs Poco Sat. 7:00pm, Langley Turf

A replay of last year's Pakenham Cup final! Poco felt as if they were a little unlucky last spring. They will be looking to send a message. Langley seem well prepared to defend their achievements though, and will almost certainly answer the bell.

Vote!! :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.S.

KNVB, Do I not have poll capabilities!? I can't fukcing get the details in!

I click to add/include a poll....then, to have 5 options in the poll...then, there's no way for me to set up the 5 options! Tell me what I'm doing wrong please, so I won't have to bother you every week.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not you Skip it has something to do with the bookie events thing. Regs, when he reads this, will look into it for you. I tried to start a thread will a poll as well and instead of defaulting to the poll section it goes into the thread.

Luckily I has super duper Administrator power and can fix it. Though sadly, I have to tell Cainy those powers can do nothing for either his height nor his looks. He'll be crushed, again, I'm sure.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs Whalley Fri. 7:30pm, Albion

Can the upstart Whalley Storm continue on their winning ways, and trip up the league champions? It's their first trip out to Albion to meet the Golden Ears Gorillas. Should be a physical, and spirited affair.
Surprisingly, I'm not giving this game my vote. I certainly wasn't surprised to here Walley's result last week but was as surprised as a surprised guy could be surprised to here GEU is surprisingly got it's self back on the tracks, but it's still not enough. Top 3 though.
Delta Metro vs PAU Fri. 7:30pm, John Oliver

Always a fast, well played match between these two teams. Delta will be looking to play an ENTIRE match this week, and get their first win of the season. PAU look to build on their performance last week.
If I were to go watch a game this Friday it would be this one. And it has nothing to do with the close proximity of JO to my house nor does the fact skip owes me $20.00 for that thing in the thing from that place near the thing, but that these two teams, with the exception of PAU, are young, fit, fast and fun to watch.

Delta Lions vs GN Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie Park

With the CAT team playing two days later, we should see a more energetic and prepared Lions team this weekend. Both sides are familiar and comfortable on this pitch, and both are capable of nice football. Should be a good match-up.
Please... I'd be asleep by half time. Either that or passed out drunk in the middle of the gravel park next to the pitch. Again.

Chilliwack vs SUFC Fri. 8:00pm, Exhibition Park

With their captain back in the line up, Chilliwack will be looking to earn their first points of the season at home. Always a big deal to be part of the season opener at Exhibition Park. Hopefully the Sikhs learned something from their road trip to Albion last week, and come to play. If not, this could be a lop-sided affair.
No chance in hell I'm going to Chilliwack to watch this one. If I wanted to watch that many goons run around the field I'd hop on the sky train and head to BC place on Saturday.

Langley vs Poco Sat. 7:00pm, Langley Turf

A replay of last year's Pakenham Cup final! Poco felt as if they were a little unlucky last spring. They will be looking to send a message. Langley seem well prepared to defend their achievements though, and will almost certainly answer the bell.
Was this also not more recently a Provincial Cup first round match up? with Poco winning before getting HUM-PED by Peg?

This one will be a gooder. It gets my vote.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
...skip owes me $20.00 for that thing in the thing from that place near the thing, but that these two teams, with the exception of PAU, are young, fit, fast and fun to watch.

I think I'm offended......... a couple of times. :confused:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of your posts do. :D

Definitely PAU and Delta.
Why?
Because it's well within proximity of my house. ;)
Not only that there's always Boddington's and jellied eel sandwiches at JO.
Crafty & Company eager to get started and Cainy's Army looking to continue to rebound from last year's form.
Good to see Hibee back in the fold with Crafty well aware of his talents.

I'd like to say Poco/Langley but it's the dog days of September and I think the turf might be closed causing postponement. :p

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley vs poco is an easy choice this week. Even though we won the re-match in the b.cs, we still had a bad rash , from the pak final. It should be a close one, 2-1 or 1-0.Maybe Poco will pressure them, by going 3 up front.
Let's hope the juice pumping baboon is not the referee again. He did cost us the cup,didn't he?

Have you heard the University Michal Jackson is funding?
Its called Bringem Young. :mad:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Crafty,

I see you lurking........why so quiet?? :)

~S

I think the Delta v. PAU and Langley v. Poco games are the picks of the bunch without question.

Whalley find themselves in for their first real test this week and any kind of result at Albion would be a huge boost for them and some instant recognition.

The Lions should improve this year as long their CAT program doesn't drain them to heavily. Too many conflicting fixtures maybe their downfall. Lions to put thier first W on the board this week.

Sorry Big T, I know you're having a bad week and it is only going to get worse when you guys travel to Exhibition Park. Watch for the Wack to come back strong this week after a disappointing result in week 1.

Pakenham Cup final and Provincial replay with the score tied makes for a good game with a few bragging rights on the line. I think this will be a game of mistakes rather than chances as there won't be many, by or for, either team. Close game regardless with Langley picking up the three points.

Obviously very important for us to get a good start to the season this week. We did get 45 minutes of football in last week, but it didn't count other than getting a run out in tough conditions. Always a good match up as Cainy and I know each others teams very well. Last time we played PAU at JO we were lucky to walk away with a point after scoring in the last minute. Looking forward to the game this week as I give this one the nod for my MOTW. Delta by two goals and three points to get us going in the right direction.

Best of luck to all teams this week.

Cheers

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU is looking really good and almost in midseason form the way they played.....but then again we realy didn't give them a game, so it wil be interesting to see how Whalley fares. GEU takes this by 2 goals

GN will be strong this year from what I have been hearing. Looks like they are keeping the gorilla Star #1 in a cage and he hasn't said anything on here about who they signed......but I know :D Look for GN to win by 2 goals.

Langley and Poco won't settle a thing, and it end in a draw.

Your right about our game Crafty....Wack is good and looks like they made some key additions. We are gonna be in tough and we really need everyone to bring their A game if we want a result.

PAU and Delta is the match of the week IMO. Two of the more skilled teams in the premiership and it looks like PAU are gonna be making a push for the top of the pack until they meet the two Indian teams. :D PAU by 1.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T said:
GN will be strong this year from what I have been hearing. Looks like they are keeping the gorilla Star #1 in a cage and he hasn't said anything on here about who they signed......but I know :D Look for GN to win by 2 goals.

Its a secret Big T, just like how they wont tell anyone how they put the caramel in the caramel bar :D ;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star #1 looks like he must have eaten a shed full of those chocky bars, trying to figure out the secret of course :eek: that's to easy mate. I saw Star #1taking photies of little boys in the changeroom at Newton Athletic last week :D
Anyways my match of the week is the PAU nation vs Craftys ****ys :D if the pitch holds up. I would like to see the Poco vs Langley match though.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont understand the JO bashing going on here. the pitch is in unreal condition right now... it should be noted that last year it was in the worst shape it has ever been as we were sharing it with the rugby club.

big daddy out.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs PAU simply because it is close to my house. Ok, maybe because these are 2 evenly matched teams.
Would comment on the Whalley game, but afraid red forever and striker12 might get upset ;)
Lions to win
Others, not interested.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley/Poco changed to a 9PM kick-off. Still Saturday at the Oval. However stay tuned as there is a chance of a misty fog which will most likely flood the place. It is getting worse as the base settles. At least that is my non-engineering opinion.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is getting ridicules...

9:00pm on a Saturday? Nice time...How booked up is that place? Is this Langley's only park? Does anyone in the Valley have a GRASS park any more?

At least it'll be a nice change from all the FVSL Friday night turf games. :rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: This is getting ridicules...

knvb said:
9:00pm on a Saturday? Nice time...How booked up is that place? Is this Langley's only park? Does anyone in the Valley have a GRASS park any more?

At least it'll be a nice change from all the FVSL Friday night turf games. :rolleyes:

KNVB, MYO(vmsl)B. It will give lazy arses such as yourself who give nothing back to the game, including your support, no excuse other than Trading Places reruns (Yes Paige is hot) to come out. I will buy you a pint for the agony of watching a valley game.
For you to think it is a silly time must mean you care which must mean you are heading to the valley??? Let me know. You may be useful. :D
Truth be told in Langley, we have one decent pitch, no grass that the men's club have access to, and we all must fit onto the turf. 9 is late, but it is one week, all other's should be 7. I must say it beats going to Mackie for a 9 Friday tilt after a day of work to only get changed in an overhang of a school.
It will get worse before better, at least in Langley, where we have to be very careful with our privleges.
Everybody, back to work.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when do people pick a MOTW based on whats "closest to my house" or "the one I'm going to watch cause I'm not driving to Chilli" :rolleyes: I think you're supposed to pick the one that's the best overall matchup/most significant .... anyhow, enough of my ranting :D

Although our match against Delta this weekend is mouth-watering, I'm going to have to go with Langley/Poco... it is the "first game" for both teams (hopefully the game won't be cancelled again, seeing how it's supposed to be played on all-weather field :rolleyes: ). I say Fenian takes a red, and misses out on kicking me around next week. The game will be a tie.

Remember that time, when we played a game on grass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0