Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] SX CUP Banter

Who do you think will win the Premier SX Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a non bias view of this game, Langley had more chances in this match. PA finished the only ones they had. Unlucky for Langley I suppose. Ref was terrible, but terrible for both teams. Not a very intense match, and some suspect subs placed on the field in the second half that looked completely out of their element. (21 on red and 5 on white, both subs and both shocking)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb opened the scoring on some shocking defending/keeping for LUFC
Will scored (i think) for Langley on a poorly played ball on net. James seemed to flap at it right at the crossbar, and it fell for the Langley player to hammer home.
PAU Scored again, didn't catch who scored. LU scored with Approx 10 minutes left to tie the game up at 2's then PAU scored with what couldn't have been more than 3-4 minutes to play.

Some dodgy substitutions by both teams, I'll echo ICB's comments above.
I was also surprised to see Guinness not hit the park, Studs did well once he entered the fray for PAU also.

Langley had more than their fair share of chances to win the game, they hit a post on a breakaway, had a few shots that troubled the keeper, but were unlucky on a few of them to not finish.

A decent game that lacked intensity until the last 35 minutes or so.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley fan fare

Langley 2 PAU 3

First off, it was good to see a few of the Langley club teams support their premier squad. Chilli dogs and Pilsner was classic! Thanks for the pints after the match, I needed the extra cold ones on such a warm night. :rolleyes:

As coach for a game, I had a nice vantage point from the sidelines!;) PAU started well and had good possesion at times, but seemed to drop a level after giving up a bad goal. Langley were NEVER interested in playing any where on the park except for in our 18 yard box. We had 4 or 5 solid chances that we could not capitalised on. Langley had 5 or 6 knock downs from typical goal mouth scrambles and the only other chance was a 3 on 1 counter attack that they rung off the post.

I will give credit to LFC123, he has his team organised and working hard, but for fcuk sakes any chance of TRYING to play football? Absolutely shocking longball display with everything high and long! They have some good players that appear afraid to put their foot on it and knock it around. I expect that out of DMU, but with Langley's record I thought they would have offered more than just the battle in the air! They will get found out quickly if a team defends the long ball well and competes in the air!

On to Aldergrove for a slug fest in the muck!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget the game, who was BBQing the cat? What a stink.

How did the Lions convert a touchdown vs Aldergrove? 7-4 is crazy. Did they both put garbage cans in net? Ours was coaching so we used Jimmy instead.

I still think other takes this whole thing.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget the game, who was BBQing the cat? What a stink.
That is what happens when you get Suburbantor and his boys BBQ'ing High quality Franks, and they bring a crock pot of Chilli mixing with the fumes of kjohnsob's low carb, low cal, no fat, organic things so our keeper could eat too. :rolleyes:

nothing like rolling out to watch a game and a few pints and your keeper shows up with a 26'er of goose and a jug of water for his travel mug.:p

Hi Housearrest :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I almost forgot, Cantona's favorite official of all time was doing the line, and only balls-up a few calls :p ;)
And as far as I can tell, he and JC did not ferry to the game together, they drove, separately :cool:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I almost forgot, Cantona's favorite official of all time was doing the line, and only balls-up a few calls :p ;)
And as far as I can tell, he and JC did not ferry to the game together, they drove, separately :cool:

sshhh !! he's sleeping ....please dont wake him ;)

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley fan fare

Langley 2 PAU 3

First off, it was good to see a few of the Langley club teams support their premier squad. Chilli dogs and Pilsner was classic! Thanks for the pints after the match, I needed the extra cold ones on such a warm night. :rolleyes:

As coach for a game, I had a nice vantage point from the sidelines!;) PAU started well and had good possesion at times, but seemed to drop a level after giving up a bad goal. Langley were NEVER interested in playing any where on the park except for in our 18 yard box. We had 4 or 5 solid chances that we could not capitalised on. Langley had 5 or 6 knock downs from typical goal mouth scrambles and the only other chance was a 3 on 1 counter attack that they rung off the post.

I will give credit to LFC123, he has his team organised and working hard, but for fcuk sakes any chance of TRYING to play football? Absolutely shocking longball display with everything high and long! They have some good players that appear afraid to put their foot on it and knock it around. I expect that out of DMU, but with Langley's record I thought they would have offered more than just the battle in the air! They will get found out quickly if a team defends the long ball well and competes in the air!

On to Aldergrove for a slug fest in the muck!

Always good Johnny to tell us all how it should be done. Almost Cantonish. If I only had one Johnny Collins, let alone 11.
Idiot.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is what happens when you get Suburbantor and his boys BBQ'ing High quality Franks, and they bring a crock pot of Chilli mixing with the fumes of kjohnsob's low carb, low cal, no fat, organic things so our keeper could eat too. :rolleyes:

nothing like rolling out to watch a game and a few pints and your keeper shows up with a 26'er of goose and a jug of water for his travel mug.:p

Hi Housearrest :D

haha! don't be jealous of my goose buddy! All class here! Vodka water in the travel mug and franks, you cant go wrong! lol! ;)

soccerbuddy

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game going on till ref ruined it with a brutal pk for ACBC 5 mins from half, again bitten by a terrible call!!!!! Good challenge , player gets a good shot off, just wide of the post and 5 seconds later ref calls a pk. shocking!!!! we never recovered. 2-1 10 mins. into second halve , then our wheels fell off! It was 6-1. enough said!!!!

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not one to comment on style of play for teams because i couldnt hit the side of a barn with a beach ball against langley the other nite, but i noticed it aswell long ball from the back quite a bit especially when they got some good ballers in the mid, anyways it was a good game for the fans, but a tough one to battle through when you cant feel your feet

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just caught wind, GEU 6 ALD 2....

pretty impressive that geu can go from being relegated 2 years ago, some how getting the spot back, to almost being relegating last year, to NOW fighting for a provincial spot and a potentially winning a cup!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-2 for GEU aldergrove with 2 stunners from distance but we were in top form tonight and played a very dominant game. Hopefully our play tonight can carry over to our big game sat against PAU.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just caught wind, GEU 6 ALD 2....

pretty impressive that geu can go from being relegated 2 years ago, some how getting the spot back, to almost being relegating last year, to NOW fighting for a provincial spot and a potentially winning a cup!

easy tiger ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0