Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Who will win the Premier Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Premier: Results & Banter - 2004/2005

We got GN toques! Our symbol is on them aswell, we like to call them our helmets. :D
Other than that, we are expected to lose, thats one of the perks to be the leagues most unpredictable teams, no pressure. :bronco:
But I still think we will win tonight, except for the fitness factor :cool:

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Chilliwack 2 Delta Metro 2

Decent match out at John Oliver tonight with some cracker goals from both sides. Delta came out fired up as they always do on their home pitch and had some quality chances early. Their first goal off a clearance from a corner was offside I'm pretty certain as one of their guys tipped it in a yard off the endline. But there were so many interpretations of the offside rule voiced tonight, that who the fcuk knows exactly. Delta's second goal was the goal of the match-- a full volley from a very sharp angle that caught the upper most corner of the far post. Wack had their chances but DMU's keeper played very well. Second half went more Wack's way with Mike Short and Andrew Slane hitting crackers to opposite top corners from 25 yards out. Good attacking match; if either side could finish off their chances, the three points was there for the taking.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

GN 6- GEU 1

Solid effort by all the players tonight, played well as a team. Jas Mattoo with 4 goals, and Aman Sohal and Hardeep Sangha rounding out the scoring with one each.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GN 6 GEU 1, are you taking the piss? ouch.Was Millsy playing? Lions just can't get it together, no points from three matches, wow. As for Crafty's bunch, it sounds like they clawed out thier first point of the season. Well done, it's been an unlucky start for them, with a rain out,and a close loss to us, so i'm sure they will build off this. If Whalley, Langley or PAU can get the third win, they will start to pull away. Just throwing in my two cents ;)

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Since this is TTP, I would like to thank GEU for showing up to the game :D
Oh and I already know they will be blaming the ref :rolleyes: They started screaming at him after the 5th GN goal :rolleyes: Thier sweeper who got hurt earlier was on the sideline and through frustration started to swear at the ref, and got a red :( blaming him for the goal. Obviously a controversial call; but that happens, both ways, as was seen tonight.

I am a bit surprised with the defending chumps, at half time, they are barking at our players saying im gonna end the rest of your seasons. :eek:
No class at all, during half time, but they did play the rest of the game fair, I give them that.

On a side note, I am taking Skip's poll on the hotties seriously, and I gotta say I was very, very, disspointed with the GEU sideline, all I saw were GILF's, mind you, I like GILF'S, but not these kind. These were great GILF'S :(

On another side not, GN's secret weapon is the player they signed from Victoria, he has been coming every game thus far for the team. Rumor has it that they are paying him, but thats just a rumor ;)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thank you Blindman!
it really was a 1-0 game.
FUKC THE FVSL AND THE REFS THEY SEND OUT TO GAMES. (exc.kevin & martin)
One of the linesmen was this skinny little 15 year old with glasses. Type of kid who couldn't handle his baby sister complaining to him. SHOCKING!!
There second goal with 5 min left, they were so blatantly offside! SHOCKING!!
I am pretty sure Poco would agree. There was another this same linesmen did not call but luckily the poco player missed the net.

FVSL, WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE PEOPLE?
First Tin Poh, now children with no hair on there balls.

I thought we controlled most of the play most of the game. Just didn't put away the chances we had. Poco had very very few chances and scored on one nice goal. They seemed to be a much better/different team last year.

Good job G.N. I am sure you guys played well and got a ref that knows the game and did not let GEU muck you off the park. If you get a shite ref that lets them run through you, 9 out of 10 times you will lose. I am sure the ref put them in there place early and then they had nothing against a much more skilled G.N. team.

Refs. I think you should give out some early yellows when players are going through players backs. Or at least a yellow then it is being done 60% of the time when you get in there third. "just a foul, just a foul"
But when someone says one little thing, no questions. Yellow card.
But I could go through someone cleats up. "just a foul"
WOW.
show your yellows for fouls and you will not have to show yellows to players when they tell you that you are doing a ****ing brutal job.
You will see a much cleaner skilled game cause of this. I don't know, just my opinion.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lion,when do you guys plan on dropping your"bad FVSL referee"song dance routine and start playing some football.Your group got 2 ranting reds and 3 yapping yellows,which really put you out of it.Too bad,you were playing well for twenty minutes and came close,but you couldn't keep your composure and you all lost your heads.One of ours said your coach was pissed.Said all the yappin you did killed you,and heads would roll.Hope your keeper heals,nasty knee injury no one wants to see.Made some dandy saves.The through ball which was offside could have been.Heard it a couple of times after,but your style of playing the offside trap to get calls is dangerous,and our forwards got behind your backline a few times producing the "linesman who couldn't handle his baby sister complaining to him"to throw up his flag.You can't change the outcome of a call by whining to the ref.Simply let go and play the game.Good win for POCO DOMINION.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What A Cracker Of A Goal From Veteren Mid Davy Skelton.an Amazing Give N Go Only He Can Pull,and A Cannon Of A Shot.You Still Got It My Friend. :wa: :wa: :wa:

Wisers

Sep 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Full marks to the GN boys tonight, very deserving of the three points. These guys have always given us trouble but this was unexpected. Ten goals given up in the last two weeks is more than we gave up in the first 16 last year.Not good enough. As for the yapping, I think you guys might want to finish top 5 in this league once before you start calling anyone defending chumps or calling youselves the best team in the league. The season is 18 games long not 2. Without saying, if tonight wasn't a wake up call for the GEU camp, it could be a long year.

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well done to all the Gn Girls and animals, can't believe that this team put up these numbers without 2 of there 3 worldwide imports, i guess the kid from Victoria makes up for the hungarian and floridian. Well the hurricane winds are starting,,, better go tie myself down, cause i don't wanna end up in BC for next weeks' game.... :wa:

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

very poor showing from geu last night out @ mackie. out skilled out played and out worked which is the hard one to handle. geu is not the most skilled team out there but won the league last year with hard work and of couse size doesn't hurt either. hopefully a wake up call for the geu clan or like wisers quoted could be a long one. on to hosting poco next week

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who is coaching GEU these days?
Is it still Alan Solk?
I think Alan is one of the most dedicated nicest guys in our game, but that being said do you not think that it might be time for a change in the coaching duties.
If Alan was to stay on as the MGR and bring in the right guy that could really shake things up and get the boys playing.
Every team needs a change at the helm from time to time, and Alan has been there forever.
A good new coach with some fresh ideas and a different way to train might just be what the boys may need?

Just a thought, a change is not always a bad thing!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know we always rant and rav about the coach every year, but after winning the league last year and only 3 games into this season, with a 1 and 2 record, i don't think it's quite time to replace him yet, almost, but not quite.

:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2 Chilliwack 2

Very entertaining game last night to watch as both teams played some good attacking football. Our lads will be kicking themselves this morning for letting this one slip away. Up 2-0 at the half with a slight advantage in possession and very good shape. We were winning most of the battles all over the park and scored on our opportunities. Having said that, I knew if we eased off, the tempo would change and open the door for Chilliwack. All credit to the Wack for sticking to it and pulling off the draw. Two very nice goals by Chilliwack in the second half after some poor defending on our part and some very good other opportunities that went astray by both teams.
No complaints about the final score other than my own teams performance in the second half. Chilliwack have a stronger team this year and will improve on last years standings, but I wil have to sit Cam down and explain the offside interpretation so he doesn't keep getting it wrong. ;)

As for us, we have to build on this as Cainy mentioned. One point out of six is not the start we wanted as we move onto Langley next week. Langley had our number last year as they took all six points and knocked us out of the Pak. Very, very tough game for us coming up, hopefully our lads will respond accordingly.

Cheers

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a recap for GEU, who are probably waking up battered and bruised :D No, it was not a dream, you guys were beat 6-1

We will beat SUFC this coming weekend, but after that everyone will see the real GN come out in the 4th week, we will go back to our appropriate place, which is the bottom of the pack. :D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wisers said:
calling youselves the best team in the league. The season is 18 games long not 2.

I dont think anyone on GN has ever said we are the best team in the league because we know we aren't. But I will tell you after last night, we are GIANT KILLERS. :p

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

6-1 ouch Hdog, what happened out there.Looks like u are back to preseason form. Lets not be Frank.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco 3 Lions 0

To start off, I will admit that the Lions had some questionable calls against them. But they sealed their own fate by concentrating on verbal assaults to the ref instead of getting in the game. I would not say that the Lions controlled the whole match, but they did have us under tremendous pressure in the second.

Banks,
Thanks for the comment, but you do realize that I only score one goal a season, right? Too bad it's so early in. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0