Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
....and on to the referee debate if thats what it is... there are some decent refs in this league but thats what the problem is ...there are only some.....we need a higher standard....

Isn't that the same problem our league has regarding its players.....:eek:

.....and I suppose for some clubs their entire team......cough cough....DMU.....cough cough:D

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don't think an increase in pay will have much benefit in the long term for the FVSL in terms of attracting younger referees. An increase in pay at the youth level will help attract more kids to reffing and retain them at that level. However, we don't see very many good young refs making the transition from youth to the FVSL and that occurs for reasons beyond the abuse and money. Many refs simply don't have the skills to move the next level but as the younger refs grow up other conflcits such as: school, real jobs, gf's/wives, friends, kids, and beer all take over and most young refs, who now aren't depending on reffing as a primary source of income, find other things to do with their free time before they ever make it to the valley. An extra ten bucks isn't going to change that for most. I think if you look at most of the refs in the valley they probably picked up reffing later in life, after their playing days were over. My progression through the system...starting at U6 when I was 12 years old, working through youth to the FV at 20, and up to Premier at 23 is not typical of how the FV gets most of its referees.

For retaining and improving the referees who are currently in the FV...GHouse has some good ideas but for recruiting new refs I still don't think there would be much benefit, even in the long term, to raising fees. However, if you want to give me another raise...by all means feel free!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're an idealist Blindman, and idealists are always "in it" for reasons other than the money. And that's great.

But, in your arguments against you point out all the reasons why we need to look at this. Money is more of an incentive to some than others. It is the one think you can adjust now that may influence more to get into it, stay into it, and get good at it.

You may not care, but it isn't you we're after, since we have you already.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Ears Cobras vs Langley Utd -- Peace Arch Utd vs Abbot Mariners -- Delta Metro Utd vs Chilliwack Rapids -- Aldergrove Utd vs North Delta Lions -- Athletic Club BC vs Poco City FC

any thoughts on this weeks games?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
G.E.U. V LANGLEY (no prediction no jinx )
P.A.U. 3 V 1 ABBEY ( too well organised for abbey )
D.M.U. 1 V 4 CHILLIE ( one chillie goal early and the rest will follow )
ALD 3 V 1 N.D.F.C. ( delta my candidate for the play off spot no one wants )
A.C.D.C. 4 V 2 POCO ( who will be the biggest return venny or gaggy )

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
:wa:

Good luck to GEU and all the guys I played with in the summer league (Russ, Ozzie, Alfie, AJ, Gary, Alex, etc). Bliuebird has put together a team that is great to watch and is winning a lot of games. Good job.

Will be there on Saturday to cheer the team on.

:p

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just talked to Guinness... PAU is missing 6 starters and has to play a goalie who is older than the entire midfield put together. We're in for a rough one I think.

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough call on the reffing subject as players on the pitch your actions will get a reaction from the ref,could be the rite call or the wrong call, it is not always going to go your way. we have all had refs were a call is made and both teams are confused as to what the call is, as players we should know that when calls like this happen it is what it is both teams get the calls against them. hopefully the ref is consistant for both teams we can piss and moan all we want but when you get a good ref dont get bent out of shape if he makes a call you dont like just get on with it. good or bad if they are not in the middle of the park we dont get to play and the guys who are bad mouthing every ref you have go get your license and step into the middle and we will see how you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0