Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
Knees United is the ugliest naked man i've ever seen, but i can't stop looking

Dude, I don't mind you taking a quick peek on occasion....I mean look at what Michaelangelo's Statue of David has to go through every day, people staring, but for god sakes man keep your tongue in your mouth.

BTW Cainy, it maybe cold at training tonight, don't for get to wear your climate cool Singlet....bring the yellow one!

NOTETOCAINY:GETACASTFORTHATBELLENDOFYOURS

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Studs up

kokanee said:
I dont know about that, I know he is known to be easily one of the better players in the league. However, I have also seen him on a few occasions to take out a play with no intent on getting the ball.
Come on!!! Who HASN'T on at least ONE occasion been so pissed off at his check that, in a moment of recklessness, they've gone into a tackle with the idea to get the ball, but settled on a shin on the side of a knee, or a swipe at a leg. INSTANT regret, but...seriously...who HASN'T done that one time in their soccer history?! Let the first innocent one amongst us, throw the first stone, and I'm sure there'll be no stones thrown. (Say that fast three times...hahahaha).

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Point is, Cam is known for his skill...not his brawn...and yet, he's still cleanly nailed his checks and probably injured them. Hard tackle...NOT dirty play. Same with Ed, but with the added human gene mutation that makes him made of some metal alloy akin to Iron, instead of bones and tissues.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rivermouth said:
Point is, Cam is known for his skill...not his brawn...

I don't think Cam is that skillful, when he plays I think he is more known for his hussle, he can sprint for 90min straight playing physical soccer, thats what he is known for, atleast in my eyes, I also think he has a good shot, smart player on and off the ball, but I wouldn't say he is known for his skill.
Just my opinion :)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honouring Mobilio

It was suggested in a thread dedicated to Domenic Mobilio, that this weekend teams all over the lower mainland consider honouring his memory by leaving the #10 jersey out of the lineup, and perhaps displaying it on the sidelines in some way.

I guess I just wanted to make this suggestion known to all who view and post here, and was curious to know which sides may make an effort to do this in your matches this weekend.

~Skip

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Honouring Mobilio

Skip said:
It was suggested in a thread dedicated to Domenic Mobilio, that this weekend teams all over the lower mainland consider honouring his memory by leaving the #10 jersey out of the lineup, and perhaps displaying it on the sidelines in some way.

I guess I just wanted to make this suggestion known to all who view and post here, and was curious to know which sides may make an effort to do this in your matches this weekend.

~Skip

I will pass this on to my team, so no one from GN will be wearing #10 this weekend.

That being said, does anyone from GEU, or other TTPers know if Albion will be open this weeked. I need to know if I should make the trip back home from the garden city.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering if Albion #1 is the same as the field GEU prem play on. If that is the case the field condition hotline said its closed, but all other fields are open but up to user discretion.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
Just wondering if Albion #1 is the same as the field GEU prem play on. If that is the case the field condition hotline said its closed, but all other fields are open but up to user discretion.
Nope the field that is closed thus far is the far field that our Div 2 tigers play on. Something about them being so heavy that they wore it right down to the mud??? Sheep can you confirm???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at practice last night and got the full story on what's going on at Albion.
The field the Div2 team plays on is now closed for good. There is a 3rd field that is not fully under lights and they have combined those 2 fields into 1 but i don't know how often it will be open.
The big shocker is the Premier teams field has been turned 90 degrees to run the same direction as the football field starting at the endzone of that field. THey will be lining it tonight. What's crazy is that i belive that the baseball diamond will now be a part of the field. 3rd base looks to be somewhere in the corner of the field. Shocking. :rolleyes:

Once again, screwed over by the club and city.
Guess we'll see tonight how it works out.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guinness said:
A couple of names mentioned in earlier posts bring back memories of what I would consider "dirty players"... Eddie (Chilli) and Mario (Whalley) are two guys I consider to be whackers and not overly skilled... Both are effective if allowed to get away with elbows and rugby tackles, but both also cost their teams by their hot temper and stupid tackes...

Guinness, I can't believe you would even go there about Mario and his skill??? One of the best sweapers/midfielders in the league, hands down. Mario goes in hard, I can see how that can intimidate someone..Better than being the on the opposite end of the spectrum, that's for sure.... ;)

As far as Eddie, same type of player. I"ve had some good battles with him and I think he's a great, hard, clean player. Goes in hard as well and again, I can see where you get a little scared...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude you should know (not that I'm gay and there wouldn't be anything wrong with that if i was), but the good looking always will take the abuse from the muppets and rif raf... It happens all of the time, so I wouldn't say I was having a bad week... On the contrary as I tested my ankle this morning and I will be in the line up tomorrow night!!! :) Good news for Langley I guess...

As for Striker12, Rivermouth, Oodles and others; my sole purpose of that last post was to deflect all of the negative publicity old Millsy was taking... That and I was pissed because I didn't have a chance to weigh in on the refereeing dibocal from last Sunday!!! I'm not going to back peddal on my pisstaking comments because that's something LFC2 would do... :p

However, Eddie has all of the respect of his teammates (as does Mario) so I'd guess he's a stand up individual off the pitch... He still has been "dirty" in the past... :eek: (not that I'm afraid of him or anything) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Referee
This is local AMATEUR soccer for god sake.

Get your head outta yer arse!!! We all play for the love of the game and want to win every time we touch the park... The official in question is an embarrassment to all officials around the league, province and country (and FIFA for that matter)... For you to try and deflect his incompitentness on TTP by using the FIFA rule book and defend his actions (or lack there of) by using international players who get paid a hell of a lot more than any official is a joke... We as "AMATEURS" want to be respected and be given a "fair" official that knows the game, can keep up with the play, allows advantage to be played when a card is not going to be a result of a whistle, knows when he has previously carded a player and ultamitely be CONSISTANT on his/her calls through out the entire football match!!!

To politically correctly put it: You're a closed minded daft wank and your back scratching the so-called union is a laugh... You should have stayed on the fence like the other intelligent officials do... :rolleyes:

with love, Guinness

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
He still has been "dirty" in the past... :eek: (not that I'm afraid of him or anything) :rolleyes:

Don't you be scared Guinny, if that bad man kicks you again you know how to deal with him don't you? That's right, the next time he clatters you , you get yourself to the nearest computer and tell everyone on TTP. That'll sort him.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wack vs DMU

just got word from our manager that the game in chilliwack has been cancelled tonight. some youth team tore up the north end of the field last night.
i'm choked.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wack vs DMU

ArroyoBunk said:
just got word from our manager that the game in chilliwack has been cancelled tonight. some youth team tore up the north end of the field last night.
i'm choked.
Me too. We were looking forward to handing you your first loss at home of the season.

The only good news is that the nice people at the Rhombus hotel let me cancel our rooms for tonight without penalty! :D

Off to the Giant's game!!! :bronco: :bronco:

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what the turf fields at Newton , Langley & Reeve street are like ?
Newton is usually OK with the rain , but the other 2 aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0