Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suckit, LOL is for Gays!
Sixfyv, unrucky on not making it, better ruck in Maui.
Dude, go back to your home on whore island plonker!
Striker12, you're shite, you're team is shite and you cry like a little girl.
Stepchild, I'll their beers!

studsup out, yeah

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4STGMP said:
Stepchild:

sixfyv and I will take a raincheck on the pints.

When the Pak Cup Final kicks off we'll be in Maui either on the links or riding the waves.

Three TTPers surfing and golfing badly in Maui? Unheard of. Sixfyv- definitely need to hit the course one day...this could be a gong show, and a good warm up for the 4th annual TTP Open.

Back on topic: I won't be out to watch the Walley / LUFC match because I'll be golfing in Maui w/ 4STGMP & Sixfyv.

:wa:

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
some bastard has hijacked my username skip, you know i'd never talk shite on her. smells of a Linfield FC supporter

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
i am DYING over here... update please.

Okay, here is a bit of a breakdown of what happened that evening:

Wack lads arrive at Newton Athletic Park in the pissing rain, on a Saturday evening, during Easter weekend, to find that the changerooms are locked and no bunnies, (neither the "Easter" nor the "magazine" variety), anywhere. There is, however, a wedding or something going on in the hall located directly above the changerooms. With the whole wedding party watching, the Chilliwack lads show their "chillis", and begin changing into their gear.

Rain still p*ssing down.

Whalley lads begin arriving and someone says that the changerooms are not opened because of some "Surrey soccer politics", which loosely translates into "didn't want to pay to have changerooms open".

Whatever. Still raining.

Whally lads take up practice on one half of field to ready themselves for what promises to be a good game.

Then: Vanloads of youth players begin arriving for their 8pm scheduled match, on the very same Newton Athletic Park All Weather Field that the Chilli lads are supposed to play on. Youth take up practicing on other half of field.

Mass confusion reigns: Men's game cancelled, Youth priority...NO...Men's game still on, Youth screwed up...NO...calling Field co-ordinator...calling Whalley...lots of swearing...calling Youth co-ordinator...whalley rumoured to be laughing at the "scared country lads who are afraid to lose to them"...1/2 hour later, men's game still on.

All the while Chilli trying to practice in 4 foot area along the center line between Youth and Whalley practicing on either side, to try to get ready for game.

Game starts. Lots of good ball movement by both sides, some outstanding saves by young Whalley goalie (highlight reel calibre). Half time score NIL NIL.

2nd Half, Chilli begins to press as they start launching attack after attack on Whalley (goalie remains outstanding). Whalley defence breaks down as they are unable to stop a Chilli set play in their 25 yard area, which is headed into the net on a cross from near the Chilli attacking right side sideline. Score now Chilli 1, Whalley 0.

Moments before, and one for the Highlight reels as an "almost" sees Chilli goalie (Bekar) hammers ball from 40 yard area, on a direct kick sending it inches from putting the ball into the Whalley net but hits the top crossbar instead. Ball bounces back to about the 50 yard line, indicating the force that the ball was under when kicked by, the now infamous, Jason Bekar. Many gasps on sidelines by those who witnessed this needless pummelling of the ball by Bekar.

end of game...Chilli now laughing at the rumour that was circulating before the game started, concerning the "fear" of playing.

In all seriousness however, Whalley played an excellent game but couldn't withstand the relentless attacks of the Chilli offence.

Nuff said.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh...also, Bekar made what has to be the worst penalty kick ever taken (but is forgiven anyway, because of that now infamous 40 yard "almost in" which you had to see to believe): Whalley defence takes ankles out of Chilli attacker in their Penalty area. Kick awarded. Chilli goalie opts to take kick...coach lets him. Kick too soft, goes off a diving Whalley goalie's hands...goalie lands on his back...ball in the air directly above falling goalie...everyone watching....goalie slowly falls (lays?) back as if getting into a recliner and catches the ball on his back, while keeping it from going over goal line...Whalley quickly launches a counter attack. Chilli goalie runs like the wind and gets to his net, as Chilli sweeper gets to attacking Whalley player and strips him of ball in the last moments of an almost disastrous PK and counter for Chilli.

Since no harm done...sidelines break out in tongue-in-cheek laughter at a red faced Chilli keeper.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
Oh...also, Bekar made what has to be the worst penalty kick ever taken (but is forgiven anyway, because of that now infamous 40 yard "almost in" which you had to see to believe)

It was wind aided ;) ...but still a nice shot!!

Just before he took it I said jokingly, who does this guy think he is, Chilavert. He made me choke on my words that's for sure.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove vs ND Lions - at South Aldergrove Park
first match out of the 2 relegation matchs. I found out from the league yesterday.

Cheers
Rex

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2 Whalley 1.
Late goal by a converted keeper to win. I think I had everybodies names straight by half time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, this one obviously flew well under the radar, so I'll make a few comments.

First, nearest we could figure, the last team to go through the Premier division undefeated was Surrey United, about '96. Cainy: confirm?

Second, the game itself: except for the Whaley fullback having a world class temper tantrum (complete with jersey toss on the field and booted water bottles) after receiving a red- Dudeesque spaz, I must say- the game was fairly uneventful. Not the greatest of ball, but considering Whaley had nothing to play for, and considering what seemed over half of the Langley team were "insurance" signings from Trinity late in the season, it could have been worse. Lots of injured or suspended Langley players on the sidelines. A couple playing careful with two yellows. Wish I could have suited up to give Striker12 his annual tackle from behind, but due to a brilliantly taken red in an even more meaningless Cat game, I was watching too.

So, with not much else to focus on, we, the Langley sideline, zeroed in on what have to be the worst shorts in the entire FVSL. Yes, they are Adidas, but we are convinced those are volleyball shorts. Aside from the yellow "Blits" lettering, and being little on the "short" side (for shorts), the fabric, let's say, clings. Or rides. Or both. Yoda has already placed his order for next year. It seems that this fabric develops a sort of static charge, and hugs. Honestly, those things don't leave much to the imagination. It was a cold night Saturday night, and you could tell. I know Kerr, I know...it's always cold when you play. Whatever helps you sleep at night. That said, Peter and Mario must have some healthy bloodlines in that Greek heritage; they had the Trinity birds on the sidelines blushing and giggling a wee bit. Normally I don't notice that kind of stuff, but the Fenian wasn't shy in pointing it out. Something about noticing the boys were still wearing toques, or something.

Now I'm off to surf the Jenna Jaimeson website to re-affirm my heterosexual desires.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the undefeated season Langley! Quite an accomplishment.

Now, do feel free to venture into the Pakenham Cup thread, to congratulate us on taking 'Precious' off your hands. ;)

~S-Dog

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Skip, I was going to try and make it down so that I could pass along the shirt. It could be a tradition to be passed on year after year, to be worn only once, for one afternoon, by the Pak Cup Champion with the best hair. Given the quality, it should last till 2007.

Alas, being a responsible father and the duties entailed called, plus I left my truck at the Icehouse in Langley after we went there Saturday night to celebrate the most rare of rare accomplishments, an undefeated streak. Having said that, I let Chuck drive me home...I think he was covering one eye so he could see the road. I know, good decisions followed by bad...

PS: Congrats.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I guess you can't drink out of that one, so you decided to take a sip from the toilet!!! What's soo great about that??? :rolleyes:

B

Blahzay

Does anyone have information on what is happening or happened with the 2nd promotion/relegation match between the Lions and Aldergrove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0