Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs, out in Hawaii. Good work on the win lads. I'm out training everyday, with beach runs, hikes up volcanoes, and plenty of 355ml curls. Can't wait to get back and get in the mix again. Gotta run , surf's up dude...........

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
Lions 2- SUFC 1

very entertaining game with the Lions getting the winner with about 10 to go.

First off - Congrats to the Lions who won the battle. They played well defensively and game was played well by both sides. Hard tackles and everything was left on the field.

I didn't see the first half because I was at the u-21 game, but the second half saw us not control much of the ball as we would have liked. We started pushing players up front to try to get the 2nd goal, leaving us very vunerable to the counter. Lions finally got one when they chipped the keeper. Props to our keeps who played on a busted knee and made some great saves. I was shocked to see him play the whole 90 minutes.

Not very happy with the result and maybe a year of rebuilding in Div 1 will do us some good. Time to re-group and develop the young players for another run. Div 1 will be no easy group considering some of the up and coming teams (knights, ndfc, hurricanes if they win the last 2 games) and the old guardians of the division, the Rangers will be pushing for the top spots.

All pisstaking aside it was a great experience to play against a lot of quality premier teams week in and week out. You live and learn, and we'll be stronger the next time around. Hopefully see ya premier wankers at some games next year. :D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
Does anyone know when,or if Delta will play Poco in the league?

March 25th - 9.00pm Gates Park

Does not count for anything if Chilliwack beat Langley this week. :(

LFC2 I'm counting on you and the boys for a little help this week.. :)

Cheers

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:

Does not count for anything if Chilliwack beat Langley this week. :(

LFC2 I'm counting on you and the boys for a little help this week.. :)

Cheers

Crafty, got a back line you may be able to loan us?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Poco

crafty cokcney said:

Cheers

You know this question was coming.
Are we playing a full 90 or only the second half?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost.....

Lost in all the Pakenham Cup excitement is a potentially great match:

Fri Mar. 18 Premier Chilliwack Rapids * Langley United FC * 8:00PM Exhibition Stadium

Obviously, it pits the two top teams against one another. It would appear at first glance, that Chilliwack may be a tad more inspired to put in a good effort, as they still have not 'sewn up' 2nd place and a berth in the Provincials. A point in this game would do just that.

I'm more curious though, to see how Langley will respond to their devestating loss this past weekend. Surely, two losses back-to-back would have some impact on their confidence level at a time when they would want otherwise.

It goes without saying, Delta will be watching this one closely, and hoping that Langley can do them a favour, and prolong their outside chance at a Provincial spot.

Comments?

~Skip

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lost.....

Skip said:
It would appear at first glance, that Chilliwack may be a tad more inspired to put in a good effort, as they still have not 'sewn up' 2nd place and a berth in the Provincials. A point in this game would do just that.

Look a little closer grasshopper.!

Only a win this week will secure them 2nd spot. ;)

Carry on

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont see Langley doing anything against Chilliwack other than go throught he motions of a ninety minute game.

No need to risk injuries and/or suspensions.....

They were missing 5 starters against us you know. :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lost.....

crafty cokcney said:
Look a little closer grasshopper.!

My mistake.....I'll take your word for it. :)

I stopped looking at the standings last Saturday, when Langley shite their drawers. :D

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
back2back

any chance of reserved seating for vip's at the doubleheader
tomorrow??? (VIP=VERY INTOXICATED PISSTAKERS)
..just wondering :)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Go Whalley!!!!
... its your birthday...

Giv'er against the Wack!

One loss in 8 for the Storm boys and that was to Langley my friend ;)

We have some motivation in this one as we got stomped by Chilli at the Ex. Next Saturday night at Newton is where it's all going down. Sixfyv, I'll be hoping you buy me another pint if we do you this small favour.....

We can still finish 5th if we win the last two.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Division # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 LUFC United 17 12 5 0 40 12 41
2 Chilliwack Rapids 17 9 6 2 43 21 33
3 DMU United 17 9 4 4 39 27 31

Interesting indeed!

So, if I am correct, Chilliwack need only a point to clinch 2nd spot. This would put them tied with Delta at 34 points, but Chilliwack would get the berth because of their better head-to-head record. This is of course, assuming Delta will beat Poco in their make-up game.

Curious to know what's going through some of the Chilliwack boys' heads with reagrds to this. Although they are certainly in the drivers seat, it's VERY possible they could be beaten by a confident Whalley side.

Please discuss amongst yourselves........ :D

~Skip

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kiss of death (bottle it)

Originally posted by Stinker12
One loss in 8 for the Storm boys and that was to Langley my friend
After reading this, I thought someone was getting a tad cokcy...
Originally posted by Looking past PAU
We have some motivation in this one as we got stomped by Chilli at the Ex. Next Saturday night at Newton is where it's all going down.
Then I saw this and wondered what the hell a possible "5th place" finish in a week has to do with the small semi-final PAK Cup match tomorrow??? :rolleyes: Keep that thought CE, forget all about us wee White Rock men!!! ;)

GuinnessknowsafewVIP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0