Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious to know what's going through some of the Chilliwack boys' heads with reagrds to this.

~Skip[/QUOTE]

Good point, Skip.
It will be a tough one vs Whalley if it comes down to a must win, but almost every team at this point of the season is down to a 'must win' situation. If you aren't prepared to play your best soccer now, then you wont be playing for much longer.
The Wack are slowing coming back to form after that 3 game skid. And after being disappointed with the 1-1 draw vs Langley, I think the focus will be on a solid game and a victory to put us into gear for the BC's. That being said...Go POCO!!

Good luck to all the teams in cup battles tomorrow!

Cheers!

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Kiss of death (bottle it)

Guinness said:
After reading this, I thought someone was getting a tad cokcy...

Then I saw this and wondered what the hell a possible "5th place" finish in a week has to do with the small semi-final PAK Cup match tomorrow??? :rolleyes: Keep that thought CE, forget all about us wee White Rock men!!! ;)

GuinnessknowsafewVIP's

I only classify two of you as WEE :D

PSSSST..This is the League thread, PAK banter is in another thread son :rolleyes:

GuinnessblowsafewVIP's

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two matches scheduled for Easter weekend:

Fri Mar. 25 Poco Dominion vs Delta Metro 9:00pm Gates Turf

Sat Mar. 26 Whalley Storm vs Chilliwack Rapids 8:00PM Newton Turf

Still one Provincial spot up for grabs. I would guess Whalley will be without Sandro for this one. Looked like he wrecked his ankle/achilles pretty good today. Hope it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

~Skip

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in...

Delta Metro 3 Poco 0
I don't have many details other than Poco played most of their starters and deserved maybe better fate??? I guess a couple were in card trouble or being rested for the precious battle next weekend??? ;) :eek:

I wonder why the whole game was replayed after being called at half time earlier in the year... aaaand the Delta vs Delta battle in the PAK only had to replay the second half... Not that I really care, but is there a different rule for league games compared to cup games??? I find the inconsistancy rather odd given the usually stellar organization the FVSL brass have become accustom to!!! :rolleyes:

Anyone, anyone??? Bueller, Bueller???

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
please remove your head out of your ass... PoCo deserved better??? you have to be kidding. they had three shots on net!?! all were routinely collected, for the record :D their keeper was in a shooting gallery all night. not sure who is feeding you this garbage guinney... i cant really blame you since you were not there. perhaps some of the 'wack lads can give their two bits.

also... it looked like they sat 3-4 key starters to ensure they are ready for PAU next week... very different team with all of their men. most notably, cainy's buddy banks.

re: the whole game being played... the original game was called at half by the refs who felt the conditions of the field made it unplayable. the delta v delta second half match was decided by the lights going out due to a timer problem. tell me that you are bright enough to know the difference.

WE LOVE YOU WHALLEY... WE DO
OHHHHHHHHH WHALLEY WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs delta

The score was a pretty good indication of the game. A few of us sat this one out with cards and lower body injuries. The first half was pretty even with poco missing the best opportunity in the half [a sitter}. The second belong to Delta, but not as much as Sixfy would let you to believe. See ya at J.O

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
* it should be noted that the PoCo opportunity came from a defensive miscue... ie. errant pass... not any buildup.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco vs delta

Rangerforever said:
Hopefully that sore cnut of your's will be healthy by Sunday...

That's no way to refer to Osame's missus!! Very unlike you RF. :D

On topic:

I'm impressed that we have to wait for results on the second last last game of the regular season to know who gets a berth into the Provincial Cup. I think it speaks to the parody in the league (aside from Langley handing all of us our asses this year). May the better team advance.

~Skip

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it speaks to the parody in the league (aside from Langley handing all of us our asses this year).
You're not the only one who feels it's a bit of a joke, Skip.

:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dying for updates of the whalley-wack tilt... please provide when available.

spendingeasterwiththeinlawsontheislandwishingiwasonthesidelinestowatch

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack Protests!

I heard the game is a 'no play', with points awarded to Chilliwack.

Apparently, Chilliwack put in a protest prior to the game, and have won. Something about Whalley changing their home field without enough warning to all opponents.

Cheesy.....I know......but rules are rules. Unlucky Delta. Golf anyone?? :D ;)

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Chilliwack, on their second place finish......and more importantly, a berth in the Provincials.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
i am DYING over here... update please.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the only team to lose 2 Pak games consec. is not advancing to the prov.'s?!?! :D See ya at JO, I have the first round! :( :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes the provincial slate that much more interesting. Imagine being an Island team, and drawing Chiliwhack, at Ex stadium? Tough road trip.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the only team to lose 2 Pak games consec. is not advancing to the prov.'s?!?! :D See ya at JO, I have the first round! :( :D
Dohhhhhhhhhh...

Whalley... what have you done for US this year? Plonkers. ;) :D

Congrats to Chiliwack. I feel that you can do a lot of damage at the provincials... especially if you draw as the home team. The Ex is perfect for your game. Best of luck in the big show!!!

Stepchild... I wont be there. Will be doing my best to prevent lawn chairs from floating away, and shooting birdies in Maui. Cheers.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:

Stepchild:

sixfyv and I will take a raincheck on the pints.

When the Pak Cup Final kicks off we'll be in Maui either on the links or riding the waves.

I'm gutted we didn't make the provincials but in all honesty I think Chilliwack are the most dangerous team in our league and it would've been a shame for them to not represent the FVSL. Congrats on clinching the final berth.

Now "The Nation" on the other hand............ :D

4ST OUT!!! :knvb: :knvb:

GoPocoGoGoPocoGoGoPocoGoGoPocoGoGoPocoGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0