Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter January 2009

dmu just forfeited the x-cup game tonight at chilli.
chilli is credited with a 1-0 win.
if this round robin play uses goals for as a tie-break, this is a super shitty result, especially considering there is a provincial berth on the line.

the scheduling is also very suspect. dmu hosted poco last night and then were supposed to come to chilli for tonight's contest.
i understand dmu's season has been over for a while but other teams have a lot to play for still and the results against have both league title and provincial berth implications.
goals for and against only comes into the tie breaker with the team you are tied with, take the win and be happy:cool:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

dmu just forfeited the x-cup game tonight at chilli.
chilli is credited with a 1-0 win.
if this round robin play uses goals for as a tie-break, this is a super shitty result, especially considering there is a provincial berth on the line.

the scheduling is also very suspect. dmu hosted poco last night and then were supposed to come to chilli for tonight's contest.
i understand dmu's season has been over for a while but other teams have a lot to play for still and the results against have both league title and provincial berth implications.

Sorry to dissapoint Bunk but we had every intention in coming to play tonight but after another shocking loss last night we do not have a team to field. Red card last night, a couple injuries and obviously a handfull of guys that are not around anymore due to the circumstances of this season. We are just trying to get through this season and we are trying to field a team every week. If you were in our shoes you would understand. Sorry about the game we just dont have the numbers to come out there and get waxed. Good luck the rest of the way.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It sucks, but the situation has sucked since the start of the year when a particular someone left Delta Metro and screwed the hole program.....or so I hear.
Besides that, DMU was a Div 1 team that took the spot at the last second....should they have just dropped the spot and left an opening in the league? Maybe, but at least they gave it a try and didn't fold until now.
my 2 cents

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

It sucks, but the situation has sucked since the start of the year when a particular someone left Delta Metro and screwed the hole program.....or so I hear.
Besides that, DMU was a Div 1 team that took the spot at the last second....should they have just dropped the spot and left an opening in the league? Maybe, but at least they gave it a try and didn't fold until now.
my 2 cents

It was a move taken to try and put the club in the right direction for the 09/10 season but unfortunately their was no time for preperation. The spot was basically dumped in our hands with no help at all. It was worth a go to say the least but we will be a better side next season because of it.

Btw...we have not folded!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

i've got nothing against dmu here, they seemed like a decent bunch last weekend. honestly i'm surprised it has taken this long for them to forfeit a game, what with the way things have developed this season.

my only concern was that this would affect the outcome of the x-cup, but i've been corrected on that point also.

oodles

Nov 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bunk, your just bummed that you can't get another goal for DMU :eek:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU's Problems..........

I figured out what PAU have gone in the crapper - look no further to the signing of Mr. Ormerod....wtf are you guys thinking bringing that cancer into your squad???:rolleyes::cool:

Especially after all those years of the PAU and Delta battles and now you sign him......:rolleyes:

WOW!!!!

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cant seem to find the Xpress cup thread,,so anyways ,in a meaningless cup game ACBC 2 -Langley 1,Both teams played their bench as to get ready for the big game vs each other Sunday Night.(tomorrow).
Big game as Langley needs a win to clinch the league trophy and ACBC needs a win to clinch a berth into the Provincials..
Will be a barn burner..8pm Byrne Creek.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cant seem to find the Xpress cup thread,,so anyways ,in a meaningless cup game ACBC 2 -Langley 1,Both teams played their bench as to get ready for the big game vs each other Sunday Night.(tomorrow).
Big game as Langley needs a win to clinch the league trophy and ACBC needs a win to clinch a berth into the Provincials..
Will be a barn burner..8pm Byrne Creek.

Hmm, Byrne Creek is in the Valley now?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

posted by: 4STGMP
I figured out what PAU have gone in the crapper - look no further to the signing of Mr. Ormerod....wtf are you guys thinking bringing that cancer into your squad???

Especially after all those years of the PAU and Delta battles and now you sign him......

WOW!!!!

4ST OUT!!!!
Matt is a very talented player that was never involved in the PAU / Delta battles. He will be a big asset to our squad and add much needed depth for the provincial run! Now piss off back to Div.1 where you belong! :rolleyes:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Langley 4 - ACBC 0
1 minute a knee to knee tackle sent our captian down hard. As he rolled in pain the ref says to him "quit rolling around and get up,,,Little does the ref know this guy is returning from knee surgery and is in alot of pain,,Infact he now is in the hospital and cannot go to work tomorrow,,The players father our asst coach runs on to the field and the ref says get off the field,,he then says I can come on the field but im 50 yards away and his father is 5 yards away,?? big deal when we know the severity of the knee..Yes the ref didnt know the history but still,,to talk to a player like that is disrespectful,,oh just like players talk to refs sometimes,,but hey when a player talks to a ref he is ejected just as what happened a minute later as the same player voiced his displeasure to the ref for being spoken to that way,,the only difference is the ref stayed and reffed and the player went to the hospital red card and all..
The tackle was not deliberate but still should have been a card.
Im not upset at the no card as much as how my player was spoken too by an official and when my very injured guy calls him on it he gets ejected,,
We played with 10 men for 85 min and im proud of my guys for holdin on till the 82 minute when Langley hit 3 nails right at the end on a totally burned out team.
Well done Langley and congrates on the league championship.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sucks to hear that G-House. And you're right- respect is a two way street. Why should your player be expected to be respectfull when the ref himself isn't showing any? Because the refs run the show, that's why...even if they completely lose the plot sometimes. In a moment like this, you'd hope they'd see the big picture, use better judgement, step back, and let the player get taken care of.

Congrats to to Mike, Nukes, and the boys (again :D ) for a great season. Well done!

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not 100% sure, but if I had to guess as to why the ref responded that way (which I am also did not hear) is probably because the player, after getting tackled late, walked toward the ref, bitched a bit, and then fell to the ground after the guy running on the field told him to go down.
Again, I am not sure what was said, nor do I agree or disagree with any of it. That is the only reason that I can think of as to why the ref may have responded so.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Humm...funny how there's always some missed or withheld information in painting the "facts".

Anyhow...congrats again Nukes, aka: Peter Pan.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we please get an emergancy fenceposterectomy removal for Nukes, please? Did it hurt having your ass swallow the entire 8x10 pannel when you fell straight down?

:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaron,,torn MCL and parsial ACL tear. Specialty MRI Richmond. for the record ,He rolled around first and then yelled not the other way..And for all you who dont know him, hes been around for years and is not a roll around kinda guy. Grew up in Jamaca ,played in Europe,Capitaned AFC for years and Capitans the Carribean Allstars at the Nations Cup.
Well respected and a great alround guy. A proud man, and our Capitan, who WAS trying a comeback after surgery on that knee last year.. AND was told by an official of the FVSL to quit rolling around and get Up....
Belittleing our Capitan infront of his players and the opponents.
Discusting !
I stand behind him on what ever he said.
Its time Officials are held accountable,
The official provoked a responce and got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0