Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 3-0 PAU

To be honest score flatters them it should have been a lot more. They had a few opportunities to maybe change the momentum of the game but our keeper made a few key saves throughout. Second half was waves of attack and we should have had 3-4 more.
To be honest, the score flatters you, seeing how poor you play. The late second half 'waves of attack' had nothing to do with us leaving 2 at the back trying to get a goal back did it? Indeed. I'll speak to the league and see if we can get you a purple participation ribbon for your stellar run to avoid relegation.

Geez, I hope the amount of beer I had to drink to wash the bad taste of losing to ND out of my mouth hasn't effected my internal monologue...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest, the score flatters you, seeing how poor you play. The late second half 'waves of attack' had nothing to do with us leaving 2 at the back trying to get a goal back did it? Indeed. I'll speak to the league and see if we can get you a purple participation ribbon for your stellar run to avoid relegation.

Geez, I hope the amount of beer I had to drink to wash the bad taste of losing to ND out of my mouth hasn't effected my internal monologue...

I was commenting on the game, clearly you guys have had a much better year. Lots of good players on Coastal and an off night, with our keeper making some big saves as I mentioned. I mean we filmed a few of your games in attempt to learn the hump the ball and flick it on tactic(proper football) but it didn't work for us. Is leaving 2 at the back a new system? never heard of it. But then again our Coach doesn't get paid to come up with such innovative new techniques. We enjoyed it anyway. Now fukc off I'm busy enjoying our out of relegation zone party.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember my first big win, I ran home and posted on TTP too.

Maybe you should pay your coach, I know I wouldn't watch you fumble about for free.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember my first big win, I ran home and posted on TTP too.

Maybe you should pay your coach, I know I wouldn't watch you fumble about for free.

Well I apologize, I thought TTP was the place for posting game reports and scores. Try to gather yourself everytime a over grown ginger cries a unicorn loses its horn. Christ you're worst then my wife, we were dominated and consider ourselves lucky...happy sweetheart?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I apologize to then, I thought TTP was a place to take the piss.

Unicorns can lose there horns?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I apologize to then, I thought TTP was a place to take the piss.

Unicorns can lose there horns?

Well there goes the chance of team Holland ever joining the Nations Cup.

The field was perfectly defrosted for the game last night. Having 20 guys out there with hairdryers the night before proved to be a great team bonding experience. It showed it on the pitch yesterday.

Garesh is a great goalie. We always have trouble finding the net against him.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home stretch...

Langley 30 points (possible 39) Poco, CFC, FVRD
Westcoast 27 point (possible 30) CFC
CFC 23 points (possible 32) Langley, Westcoast, Port.Moody
Abby 21 points (possible 24) port.moody
Port. Moody 21 (possible 27) CFC, Abby

Who wins the league? Whats your top 3 earning a provincial spot? Any prognosticators out there?

Anyone picks the top 3 with the correct points, Regs will send you the old spice smelling TTP scarf around his neck.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the bottom side of things...

FVRD 13 points (possible 16) Langley
Poco 9 points (possible 15) Langley, North Delta

who has the play-off to stay up?

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home stretch...

Who wins the league? Whats your top 3 earning a provincial spot? Any prognosticators out there?

Anyone picks the top 3 with the correct points, Regs will send you the old spice smelling TTP scarf around his neck.

Lanlgey 37 only needs 1 win out of 3. Plays poco Friday
CFC 29 will start rounding into form for cup play
West Coast 27 sinking fast lost 3 straight
Abby 24 win this wkend vs Moody and clinch 4th
Port Moody 22

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the bottom side of things...

FVRD 13 points (possible 16) Langley
Poco 9 points (possible 15) Langley, North Delta

who has the play-off to stay up?

POCO is playing is stay alive. all depends on Friday nite vs Langley

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With only 9 teams in prem will Poco be demoted? Or will they keep their spot and promote the Div 1 winner?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the 10th place team is gone. I think last place prem (9th) will play in the playoff vs 2nd place div 1 team. It only makes sense. Does it not or else the second place div 1 team gets screwed because a team in prem folded .....

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the 10th place team is gone. I think last place prem (9th) will play in the playoff vs 2nd place div 1 team. It only makes sense. Does it not or else the second place div 1 team gets screwed because a team in prem folded .....

Yeah thats how it goes. 9th place will play 2nd in DIv 1 winner stays or advances to prem

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This discussion went on a bit in the Div 1 threas, but should Prem go back up to 10 teams? What if both coastal and west coast do not take the promotion, will the opportunities go to chilliwack/aldergrove by default?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there 10 premier quality teams is a question you should ask. wouldn't you hate to see another team asked to play up and struggle with putting a team together or get flat out lumped 18 times like Guildford did/would have? wouldn't it be more beneficial to the league to have a good/better 9 or 8? I think teams need to realistically decide if they're a Div 1 side or Premier side. Or is it that they just like the idea or title of being in Premier.

I'd personally rather be in Div 1 than being on the wrong end of a 6 nill drubbing weekly.

thinking outloud

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home stretch...

With Langley playing Poco and FVRD, it's fair to say they're going to win the league.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there 10 premier quality teams is a question you should ask. wouldn't you hate to see another team asked to play up and struggle with putting a team together or get flat out lumped 18 times like Guildford did/would have? wouldn't it be more beneficial to the league to have a good/better 9 or 8? I think teams need to realistically decide if they're a Div 1 side or Premier side. Or is it that they just like the idea or title of being in Premier.

I'd personally rather be in Div 1 than being on the wrong end of a 6 nill drubbing weekly.

thinking outloud

Agreed - quality over quantity. 8 quality teams = 16 competitive league games, plus multiple cup games! All said & done the league will be finished now (the middle of January) & teams can direct their focus towards cup. If there happens to be "bi-week's" between league & cup FVSL Premier teams still need to work, test yourself against other divisions, other leagues.

The quality of the football this season hasn't always been the best but at least it has been competitive - as a league lets build on that!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - quality over quantity. 8 quality teams = 16 competitive league games, plus multiple cup games! All said & done the league will be finished now (the middle of January) & teams can direct their focus towards cup. If there happens to be "bi-week's" between league & cup FVSL Premier teams still need to work, test yourself against other divisions, other leagues.

The quality of the football this season hasn't always been the best but at least it has been competitive - as a league lets build on that!

8 teams would be 14 games, you don't play yourself. Which is why i would argue playing each other 3 times. Or after the 14 games have the top 4 and bottom 4 branch Into an A and B pool. A pool plays each other a third time, not only are they seeing top competition before the cup, the top teams have to beat the top teams to win it. B pool plays each other again to establish 5-8. They can't pass the top 4 no matter what their final points are for obvious reasons.
Don't kid yourself Thomas would not allow Poco to just be relegated even if they finish 9th. They also seem to be moving in a better direction bringing in young players.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley clinch with their win last night i see. Congrats Langley, very deserved.

Coastal 3-6 WCFC
One team played well, the other didn't. Coastal were not at all the usual Coastal i've seen play/played against, and we on the other hand played well for the first time in a few weeks, or at least for the full game anyways. Game was over at half with us leading 4-0, they came out better in the second and scored pretty early only for us to make it 5-1 almost right away before taking a red (i didn't see what happened). We added another before starting to tire and ease of the gas and allowed them to get 2 late goals. Sucks we had such a bad start to 2013 after having a good chance of winning the league, but with that win clinching 2nd hopefully we start to rebuild on that and have a successful Pak run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0