Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this for real? 6 players from Rangers FC make the "All-Star team"?

Lets break this down:
- Rangers are in 8th, 4 points from relegation
- they are a whopping -31 goal differential with 43 goals against (clearly why their keepers were picked, nothing gets by them)
- they dont have a player in the top 29 scoring leaderboard (so f@ck it, lets take two of em)
- they have one keeper in the top 10 in golden gloves (seriously? 4 keepers with 2 clean sheets and tweedle dee and tweedle dum get the call)

To give perspective on this:

Aldergrove: 4
Langley: 5
Gunners: 3
Abby: 2
Westcoast: 3
Wack: 2
Surrey: 4
Rangers: 6
Tigers: 0
Coastal: 0
Other: 1

Every team in the league has less players to rightly represent this league and display its talent because of a selfish, sad display by a couple individuals. Should be ashamed of yourselves in port moody!

Absolutely relishing the day the rangers go back to where they belong and take their circus clown ring leader with them!

Attachments

• IMG_1183.PNG
    IMG_1183.PNG
    196.6 KB · Views: 65

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this for real? 6 players from Rangers FC make the "All-Star team"?

Lets break this down:
- Rangers are in 8th, 4 points from relegation
- they are a whopping -31 goal differential with 43 goals against (clearly why their keepers were picked, nothing gets by them)
- they dont have a player in the top 29 scoring leaderboard (so f@ck it, lets take two of em)
- they have one keeper in the top 10 in golden gloves (seriously? 4 keepers with 2 clean sheets and tweedle dee and tweedle dum get the call)

To give perspective on this:

Aldergrove: 4
Langley: 5
Gunners: 3
Abby: 2
Westcoast: 3
Wack: 2
Surrey: 4
Rangers: 6
Tigers: 0
Coastal: 0
Other: 1

Every team in the league has less players to rightly represent this league and display its talent because of a selfish, sad display by a couple individuals. Should be ashamed of yourselves in port moody!

Absolutely relishing the day the rangers go back to where they belong and take their circus clown ring leader with them!

The Thomas Mills Factor

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fvsl does a great job with putting the all star games on, but the coaches who choose the teams same with the div 2-4 pick who they want. There's nothing but politics and favorites involved. Players who don't even start on their teams were making all star rosters because of their ifilliation with the coach. Pretty sad.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fvsl does a great job with putting the all star games on, but the coaches who choose the teams same with the div 2-4 pick who they want. There's nothing but politics and favorites involved. Players who don't even start on their teams were making all star rosters because of their ifilliation with the coach. Pretty sad.

In the last few years though the open all stars were picked fairly. This doesn't seem all that fair to be honest. It's supposed to be based on a whole season, yet there's guys on that list who have played two games.

Nov 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signing with the Rangers was contingent on a roster spot for the SFU boys. Surprised it didnt take more. I mean the leading scorer from Surrey has more tallies than the Rangers combined. #ACBCRangers?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone really think SFU players give two shits about a mickey mouse "all-star" game? Maybe if it was like the old days when the local leagues had their all star teams play against the Whitecaps...

This actually reminds me of last year when MLS selected Lampard & Gerrard for the ASG before either had played a single minute in the MLS.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...en-Gerrard-selections-make-perfect-sense.html

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is almost as controversial as the year Notty was left off the VMSL team, when information sourced through my ASS (Anonymous Soccer Source) revealed there were some hard feeling about him spending too much time skiing, not enough time on the pitch. @knvb was all stuck into that decision (I believe he was a water boy that year), and here he pops up again. Nothing but controversy following him around.

That was the year Sunderland was through town on a tour, and a pretty entertaining exhibition match at Town Center.

In all honesty, it never truly is perfect, and if you have a couple of players signed to the team in the league, and on a playing level they are considered among the best in their positions, well yeah, they should play! Who cares if they've only played one or two games.

Can't comment on the keepers. From the golden boot race, looks like Brayden Gant & Graem Meers are missing, maybe injury?

Sometimes you need to plug holes with good players that you know will be there, not always the best players who you aren't sure about. Also, if your manager isn't advocating on your behalf, that doesn't help.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all honesty, it never truly is perfect, and if you have a couple of players signed to the team in the league, and on a playing level they are considered among the best in their positions, well yeah, they should play! Who cares if they've only played one or two games.

Can't comment on the keepers. From the golden boot race, looks like Brayden Gant & Graem Meers are missing, maybe injury?

Sometimes you need to plug holes with good players that you know will be there, not always the best players who you aren't sure about. Also, if your manager isn't advocating on your behalf, that doesn't help.

Disagree with you on the best players part. It should be the best performing players from throughout the year. You can't compare the MLS to the FVSL when the MLS all star team is playing in a game that generates money for the league. What does the FVSL get if they win? A trophy, and some bragging rights...big deal. It's supposed to be fun, as well as a good way to represent the league, and a reward for playing well. I know some good players are always going to get left out and like you said it isn't perfect but at least it's fairer than taking someone because they play for SFU.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree with you on the best players part. It should be the best performing players from throughout the year. You can't compare the MLS to the FVSL when the MLS all star team is playing in a game that generates money for the league. What does the FVSL get if they win? A trophy, and some bragging rights...big deal. It's supposed to be fun, as well as a good way to represent the league, and a reward for playing well. I know some good players are always going to get left out and like you said it isn't perfect but at least it's fairer than taking someone because they play for SFU.

Fair enough.

I was taking the opportunity to take the high road re: Mills, but I'll gladly accept your argument, and concede that you are right.

BTW, @Stringer, you should expect to be suspended now, for speaking out against The Administration.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea I looked at the list as well, total joke riely is a good player but played 2 games for the rangers. Cause he's an sfu player. Well if he made the sfu allstar team fine but don't think u can be selected to an allstar team when you haven't played in league. I dunno I'd love to see Joe Montana in the pro bowl this year maybe someone from upstairs can show me how to swing it? Near bottom of league can't keep the ball outta their goal but fcuk it let's take their keeps.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough.

I was taking the opportunity to take the high road re: Mills, but I'll gladly accept your argument, and concede that you are right.

BTW, @Stringer, you should expect to be suspended now, for speaking out against The Administration.

haha let it be, someone needed to say something. ill take the suspension, it'll show what a farce this actually was lolll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0