Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Dude....It wasn't Sunderland.
I believe it was Milwall FC just after their FA cup final appearance against Manchester United.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunderland you fcuking idiot. Gawd you're stupid, and they call you an All-Star coach.

Merry Christmas!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that the All-Star games got postponed.

Any rumours as to when they'll be played?

I was away this weekend for my kid's hockey tourney so I might get a chance to see them now.

Cheers

Nov 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it there was a friendly over snowmageddon break between North Delta and Aldergrove. Was told delta had a full squad and aldergrove only 11 with a 17yr old keeper. Not a lot being said by delta anymore about how good they are and how superior the vmsl is compared to the valley! Maybe theyve shifted focus on not being relegated back to the division they righfully belong in. Thats ok, next year you get another shot at actually earning a spot in the top flight. #NDMuckers

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 aldergrove. We should have been down 3 nothing at the half. Our 18 year old midfield did well and found their legs later in the game. Aldergrove is a good side and work hard. Their front two strikers are a good twosome.
We had 16 guys out and missing our entire starting midfield. (6 starters all together)
Just so you have your facts straight.
Has the chance to tie it up with an open chance last minute but our striker skied it.
In sayjng that I think aldergrove were the better side on the freezing turf night.

More of a good run for both sides then trying to prove what league is better.
Vmsl Prem is a whole different ball game and level. We are enjoying the competitive games each and every weekend. Thanks for checking in!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vmsl Prem is a whole different ball game and level. We are enjoying the competitive games each and every weekend. Thanks for checking in!

ZING!!

Also worth noting for @ON WOUNDED KNEE that's the FIRST place team in the FVSL taking on the LAST place team in the VMSL...

Not sure what that says about the strengths of the various leagues, but I do look forward to your interpretation.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it there was a friendly over snowmageddon break between North Delta and Aldergrove. Was told delta had a full squad and aldergrove only 11 with a 17yr old keeper. Not a lot being said by delta anymore about how good they are and how superior the vmsl is compared to the valley! Maybe theyve shifted focus on not being relegated back to the division they righfully belong in. Thats ok, next year you get another shot at actually earning a spot in the top flight. #NDMuckers

Top (and dominant) in FVSL beating bottom of VMSL - should happen 9/10 should it not? Plus this being a friendly doesn't really say much about the difference in levels of play does it?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a friendly in the middle of effing winter where it sounds like both squads played their young players.

I don't care if the score was 5-0 either way, it meant nothing but a good run.

Perhaps a friendly after the Pak / Imperial Cups have been played, between two squads shoring up for a Provincial run, yeah, but this? No.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 2-1 Rangers.
The Robbie Fadden hat trick was achieved by Robbie Fadden, again. Goal, yellow card, broken bone. This time it all happened in the first 30 mins! Abby back into 3rd place.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to helicopter in to the "worst thread on TTP" but...

Assuming I am reading the table right, it would be an 18 game schedule for FVSL Prem? So a win this weekend for Aldergrove in Port Moody would guarantee them at least a share of the Championship? They would then just need 1 point from their remaining two games or for Langley to drop a point at any point to be champions?

Just thought somebody should mention something given things are now starting to be decided...

Also, at the bottom there's a two team relegation fight between Coastal and Dasmesh and it would appear they will be playing head to head once more this season, so that sets up as an intriguing one. If I recall correctly from my FVSL playing days, I believe the bottom team goes down automatically and second bottom plays second top from Div. 1 for the final spot in Prem. Not sure if it is still done this way. I know that previously there have been teams precluded from going up due to there already being a team from their club in Prem, but now that there are two PMO teams in Prem, I assume this rule no longer applies??

It would not have any impact on the last place team going down as Burnaby Firefighters have already won Division 1 with little fan fair (well technically they could be caught if they fail to pick up a single point over their final 3 games and Surrey Extreme win out...). The three candidates for second place (Langley, Surrey and Westcoast) all have teams in Prem already. The question would be then, has the one team per club rule been scrapped permanently? Or was it just a one time thing?

An interesting race developing as well for the 5 (it is 5 yes??) Provincial spots. There's a 4 point gap for Surrey Utd. to try and make up in order to qualify in their debut season in the FVSL. PMO Rangers also no completely out of it after a late season charge.

Should be some intriguing games to watch over the next few weeks...or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0