Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - Preseason - September 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Masters, FVSL, 2004/05

R F, what the hell are you doing posting at 5:18 am my man. Are You Mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't tell us your on one of your famous R F benders?

5:18 and the guys kids are 5 and 7 years old.(in other words, he's not up because of a baby)

Please explain this one. :confused:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
R F, what the hell are you doing posting at 5:18 am my man. Are You Mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't tell us your on one of your famous R F benders?

5:18 and the guys kids are 5 and 7 years old.(in other words, he's not up because of a baby)

Please explain this one. :confused:

RF....it's the kama sutra isn't it?
So that's why Ballbaby is injured half the time.:D

just give me the A OK sign so I don't approach you for a wee nip while you're deciding when to make the next line change.

go su :cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aves?

Go S U.

Sorry man but that just isn't good enough big man.

No more support for the 4 4 2 system, Cainy was right the whole time.

Aves who always seems to disapoint! :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 3 SU 2

Aves:
Sorry man, had to bolt at 60 minutes and couldn't catch up for pint.
Were you there? Didn't see you.
Speaking of, why the clampdown on beers at Cloverdale?
Is it the football association that whinges or?

Anyway, I left just as we went up 2-1.
Unbelivable game and intensity.
Most people I was talking to were blown away by the calibre.
I don't mean to sound arrogant but it was really good.
May have caught SU on a bad day as they had their fundraiser last night, but we'll take the points.

I rarely bitch about the ref on here, but I wasn't impressed.
Actually the last few times we've had him, he's made calls I just don't understand.
It's like he panicks out there.
Both ways too when I say it.
Giving a red in the first 30 seconds and carrying on thereafter.
I have no idea what the card count was by 90, but one red and about 6 yellows when I left.
I'm not denying Ian got rocked on the tackle, and trust me I love Farquar and felt bad man, but he started having to dole out cards if anything else was close.
The yellow he gave Kelly Bey was a joke.
On and on and on.

Anyway, kudos to SU.
Tommy McQuade's strike from 40 yards almost had us down early.
Well hit mate.
And the way Billy Muirhead undressed Killer on the tieing 1-1 goal was very clinical.
Also, Hughsey calling me Kissinger at half time when I went to chat to the ref had the boys and I howling.
Stitched Hughsey, well done. :D

Ballbaby: You're fit as fcuk brother.

My two bits,

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU / Rangers

Sounds like the match lived up to all the hype today. Sorry I wasn't able to make it down. So, am I wrong? Is that 1 point out of a possible 6 for the defending Provincial Champs?! :confused:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers 3 SU 2

Rangerforever said:
Aves:
Sorry man, had to bolt at 60 minutes and couldn't catch up for pint.
Were you there? Didn't see you.
Speaking of, why the clampdown on beers at Cloverdale?
Is it the football association that whinges or?

Anyway, I left just as we went up 2-1.
Unbelivable game and intensity.
Most people I was talking to were blown away by the calibre.
I don't mean to sound arrogant but it was really good.
May have caught SU on a bad day as they had their fundraiser last night, but we'll take the points.

RF

I only saw the last half hour partly due to the SU fundraiser last night...just got off the couch after a wee afternoon nap. :)

re pints, I think there was talk about some official dignitaries being at the park today so it's not the regular deal...enough pints were probably consumed last night anyways.

Only saw it from 1-1 in the 2nd so I can't comment on the whole match but the rangers are obviously a stacked all-star team hell bent for masters domination. :eek: :rolleyes:

Seriously, they're bigger, deeper, and younger and will be tough to beat. The SU boys have ruled the roost in the valley for years and will surely be keen to step it up a notch. Should be a great rematch.

I have always thought todays ref has been good, and he hasn't been too card happy in the past from my experience. Maybe he was trying to stop you guys from killing each other. :D
I missed much of the game but from what I saw he seemed ok.

coach...not sure what you're on about...I flip flop from the 4-4-2 to the classic 2-3-5 so I can slot myself in at inside left.

:D

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey fellas just thuoght you wouldlike to here the sapperton score against aldergrove.sap 3 ald 0.different team this year,watch out sap is back

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey stranger,remember yohann?thats right, i said yohann.bullyb what happened ,hope the pitch was up to langley satisfaction considering your lots status

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangers 3 S U 2
Good game for both teams but way to much bitchin out their!
The Red card on Dougy McKinty was very dodgy considering it was the 1rst minute and Farker walked away unscaped?(a red in the first minute. come on)
S U took it to us for about 15 to 20 minutes, but after that I thought we controlled the match and were totally in control.Don't get me wrong, do i think we dominated?NO.
But how many breakaways and sitters do we have to miss to really put this game away.
I thought Ian Mclean was magic today and Wilkies free kick was very special.
S U was good but with 10 men for 89 minutes the boys came away with a much deserved 3 big points! Three clear cut balls were called offside that were not even close boys!
Great win today, and yes their will be another day, but 5 points up 2 games in is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach is happy about the good old rivalry

God Bless The Rangers

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers 3 SU 2

Rangerforever said:
And the way Billy Muirhead undressed Killer on the tieing 1-1 goal was very clinical.

Thanks buddy!! :mad: (RF you cnut)

Lucky for me we scored a couple more to win a very entertaining game.

BTW, what clampdown on drinking? :D We're blue, we're white..........

Silver

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was a fun game to play in and probably to watch. Rangers are a high quality side and I thought Mclean especially played some great stuff. Shuey, Izatt and Meyer were dangerous up front.

I've said this before. The secret to our success has always been scoring on our chances, early! The opposition often fold if we do so. We had some of those chances early and we did not score. Against a team like the Rangers, it's a critical mistake.

Wilkies free kick was fantastic! The other two goals were not very pretty, but showed the tenacity of the frontmen. Rangers did have a couple of breakaways...........result of us pushing to get some goals.

As far as the refereeing goes, I truly believe that McKinty's tackle dictated the way the game was called. Without a doubt, that tackle was disgraceful! Maybe those who think otherwise should have seen it from my angle. Yeah, Farquhar was lucky to escape unhurt, but holy fcuk! We all lose it once in a while and go into a tackle with the intent of making sure the guy feels it but that's after some two-way antagonism throughout the game. This was right after the opening whistle, no reason, and absolutely no regard whether someone will be crippled in the process.

Coach, please do me a favour, as a friend, don't call that red card dodgy! I rarely go public on here and voice strong words for fear of getting into an embarrassing dialogue and we all looking like chumps. You guys won. You guys are a great team with a player who crossed the line today. That's about it.

Other than that, a great game and I am sure the next one will be just as good if not better.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mckinty, bad tackle, I find that hard to believe.Still nice to see the battle of the masters starting good and early. Sry 1 point in 2 games,Im lovin it.Hey bully,you hiding.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fox what's with RF,can't a fellow Scot help each other once in awhile,you knew the match was in had.Best quote of the day"IM saying to Murray,today is catch and release,see ya minnow as he's getting subbed".Kudo's to coach for reading the game and using the bench wisely.Did Bonato have Olive oil on his gloves?Ballbaby player of the match for SU.Good luck in the Westerns,knowing you'll have your game back
cheers The judge

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fair play Balls, i guess that tackle was a little over the top.
Well spoken as usual, but i do agree with The Judge that you were S U 's best player today.
Ian was very good today and yes somtimes you win, and sometimes you lose.
That being said , the two teams have a rivalry that goes back twenty years now.
The respect level for you guys from us is 100%.
Good luck at the Western Can Games, and i can't wait til the return game at Newton on a friday night.(could be a very late one for both teams.)

Well done S U.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks 5 Crapademico 1

A good start to our season, Wattsy & Springett tore the Academico back line to pieces in the first half hour, after that we put her in cruise control and just enjoyed knocking the ball around. Good day out at the park, no cards, just a run followed by a few bevies. Nice lads on the CrapAdemico bench but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they don't win a point in this years league.

Thanks to ScUm for a good night out in the Heart of Slurrey. Lots of laughs and the silent auction was great. The Adidas game ball went something like this;
SU Beer Fund $60,
AllBlacks Beer Fund $60.01,
SU Beer Fund $65,
AllBlacks Beer Fund $65.01. We're big spenders!

Nice to see FlameBoy has joined the mix, a good result against ALDERBUSH.
Looking forward to the rematch..........tossers.

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it's nice to see the addition of the rangers/firemen as I think it just strenghens our league by adding a quality team like them . Some talented players on that team !!! It should be a very interesting season . Good to see sapperton having a good start. The one thing I must say though is it must be a little disheartening for teams like Poco , Academico and the All blacks, all very nice guys but a bit short on talent which shows by the scores (6-0, 8-0 , 5-1 ) . I know bully will say differently but I think it will be a long year for these three clubs !! I was wondering if anyone wanted to throw out any predictions on how the league will end up ?? I will start by saying I think it will end up: 1- sfc rangers
2- Peace Arch
3 -Surrey United
4-Delta
5- Sapperton
6- Aldergrove
7- All Blacks
8- Poco
9- Academico

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Couldn't make it to the game as my car was missing in action...........
As for the win, was it ever in doubt! :D Good to see the Old Rangers are still setting an example for the New younger Rangers. Will defin. not miss the next one

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for the sapperton plug phat.You fell short by 2 spots thuogh,I predict third place overall ,but what do I know?As for calling allwhacks short on talent,they will probably make you eat those words as the season grows they should post some good results.In order to keep the whacks happy though,Bully has to stop buying old style and black label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0