Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - Preseason - September 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks vs ScUm

You don't get to say this too often;
"AllBlacks are two points up on ScUm with a game in hand".
Lookin' forward to the Friday Night Special @ The Oval.
Enough of the friendly banter and supporting the Champs @ the fund raiser,
as soon as the whistle blows the gloves come off.
We'll get back to the banter and bevies after the match.

Flameboy you tosser, bevies are on me at The Rendezvous!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Masters, FVSL, 2004/05

Don't you people have anything else to talk about besides......THE RANGERS??????...notice..no firefighter lingo attached! YAWN!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gameboy:
Hiding out the 1st Divsion eh?
You just won't let that go will you?
Join the fcuking club mate, you are certainly not in the minority on that one. :p
When did we last see you in Premier again?
Glass houses buddy. :D

With respect to our spring/summer conversations, I'm sorry your idea of a merger didn't work out, I still rate you guys and our friendship. ;)

Anyhoo...

Scotty:
I will say the TaxMan only is obnoxious and irritating due to the chip on his shoulder from the years upon years of pummeling from his older brothers.
You are part to blame you know.
But he does bring a mean rum to the table I must say.
My wife likes him, God Bless her.
Is Gumba playing too this year?
Best of luck in the second division you guys, I'm sure you'll be the best that the FVSL will have a minute problem with come BC time. :p

Twoleftfeet, the man with the gambi, who you are, I'm not sure.
In time ma Hun brotha. :cool:

We're off to have fried Clark brothers for breakfast Sunday and play those Aldergrove Olys.

Best of luck to all you posers this weekend,

RF

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Powerrangerinleather: :wa:

Well, we've never actually met but here's a hint for ya....I'm the only one on the my team that doesn't wear ALLBLACK.

In time, yes we can always dream....

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So the Third week is upon us and what sort of footy does it offer :
Well on friday night we have the all-blacks vs Surrey united , this could be a good game because I think in there last meeting the all-blacks took the only points that surrey dropped last year with a tie and I think they will be out to thump the black fellas!!
I thought that the rangers and aldergrove were playing on friday also But from coaches posts I guess that has been changed to Sunday ? I think aldergrove works hard but the rangers will just be too tough for them.
Peace arch vs Academico will be another crushing win by the arch boys, it will be interesting to see how they fair when they play a good side ??
Delta vs Poco will be delta's first win !! don't expect this to be much of a game !!
Lastly the sapperton boys are all passing the bong on their bye week !!
Puff, puff, pass !!!!!!!!!!!
I guess the all-black game friday and then sunday get a look at this mighty ranger side on sunday.
Not a bad week-end off futbal !!

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

stranger,I am referring to a whole team, and you are referring to one player, is that the same? so easily offended,thuoght you had thicker skin,my mistake.dont forget the name of this site!Friends,yes.I hope you guys have a great season,just trying to have a little fun, I am new to this.I shall lurk from now on. peace out.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Phatanslow said:
Well on friday night we have the all-blacks vs Surrey united , this could be a good game because I think in there last meeting the all-blacks took the only points that surrey dropped last year with a tie and I think they will be out to thump the black fellas!!

this 9pm start just may work for me...wife will be home by then, kids in bed, 5 min down the hill, cracker evening, cold pint, perhaps one glove and a hoody, ...SU a little hungry, all the makings for a fine night. :D

go rangers :rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well how did the Langley - S U game go last night.

Tell me Surrey got on their winning ways?

To good of team to have this slow of start.( 1 month til the West Canadians)

So what went down at the LSS turf last night?

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey coach, slurrey spanked the whacks 6-0 ! Not a great game to watch,or at least what you could see through the cloud of smoke.Very quiet camp from the whacks after the match.I thought bully was buying the pints after but he did not look to impressed with his troops performance.See ya in 2 weeks.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spanked!

Well if you grab a tiger by the tail you better watch out for the teeth! :rolleyes:
Surrey had something to prove on Friday and came out flying.
Although AllBlacks managed to match SU for portions of the game, SU's finish was excellent. Four goals of absolute quality.
Not much to say about the AllBlacks performance, just flat.
However, I enjoyed the football and the banter over bevies.
Good luck in the Nationals you Farkin' Wankers.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eeeaassy

gameboy said:
just trying to have a little fun, I am new to this.I shall lurk from now on. peace out.

Now, now.
There is lots of sand in this box for all us to play in.
I just get a little possesive with my toys once in a while. ;)
A bit bitchy, I'd just gotten back from UBC Sports Medicine Friday and not too happy about the fcuking blown ACL and possibly done/strain MCL diagnosis.
The fcuking knee injury of all knee injuries.
Isn't that just fcuking wonderful? :)
Done for the year. :) :)
Surgery in a month. :) :) :)

Unlucky BullyB & Crew.
Did you get some Aloe Vera on Twoleftfeet's neck right away?
Those red lights can be dreadful. ;)

Again, unlucky for Langley but great to see SU in form for the Nationals.
Best of luck,

RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ranger,

The bright side is that you're young for Masters. :)

Keep your head up brother. Get the snip-snip and the sew-sew, rehab hard, and stay away from the donnuts. :)

Tough luck Bully. Look at it this way, you could be Ranger. :)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now that I'm a fulltime spectator, I went out to watch last night high flying tilt between SU and the AllBlacks. Well, it was an absolute clinic by SU and as Pully-my-pee-pee said four absolute cracker jack goals. AllBlacks lack an organized "D" and not much service to the middle and front players but what can you expect when the likes of BallBaby, beyman, house, MM, Harky,jordy, highlander et al are bearing down on ya????? Surrey was in great form and look like a National Champ O35 FVSL team.....

allBlacks backline looked like this.... :eek: :eek: :confused: :(

jordy looked like this......:bronco:

SU looked like this......:D

as for the OnFireandRangersareinmyGorge group....ranger/coach would you mind keeping tally of firemen and Ranger players each weekend so us concerned TTP'er can keep track of stats??? thanks ever so much puddin' :p

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting use of smilies 5BT's. :D

Very strange game in some ways. The All Blacks are a very good team. They play the game the way it was meant to be played. What I respected the most is that they still tried to play nice football even though it wasn't going to be their night. They did not, would not, hump the ball down the field in desperation to relieve pressure. They played some nice stuff, but we did finish most of our chances.

Everyone on our squad came to play. Jordy played awesome, and listen to this guys, he actually ran in a manner that can be construed as a sprint. I'm not joking. I bet you guys didn't realize this, but the fricken guy is actually fast! Two cracking goals by the ex 69'er, er I mean 86'er. :eek: Well done Jordy. I loved you last night. If you were a woman, I would have made love to you all night long. Of course I would have had to do all the work. :confused: :p

Anyway, it's fun reading what is now one of the busiest threads on TTP. Thanks to the Rangers and their gypsie caravan. :rolleyes:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: AllBlacks vs ScUm

BullyB said:
You don't get to say this too often;
"AllBlacks are two points up on ScUm with a game in hand".

only one point down now...enjoy basking in that glow while it lasts as well. ;)
unless the bc champs have a tough time with toes' tribe next week at cloverdale.

Coach said:
Five big Toes!
We are the Rangers, that is it, that is all.
We have no ties to the Firemen, and that is a shame.
Please refrain from dragging our name through the mud with such names such as-AssRangers.
Fireinmypants.
ArseRangers.
Firegroins.
Strangers.

We are the Rangers, The mighty mighty Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach...this ranger identity crisis is confusing
( we're just the rangers damnit!) considering you're listed as firemen rangers and Rangers firefighters on the fv schedule and standings...are you officially dropping this / these handle(s)? :confused:

inquiring minds don't really give a shyte but I'll ask anyways... Perhaps this is a question for the next board meeting with RF. :D

juststirringit :p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Their was to be a firemen - ranger merger.
The firemen are no longer associated with the Van Fireman club as of Sept.
Thus meaning the firemen name has been quickly dropped like an Angelo cross! :eek:
Good to see Surrey back in fine form, well done.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow!!!!!
That was to close for comfort. Aldergrove went up 2 -0 early and the Ranger boys were scrambling for their lives.
2 - 1 at half and Aldergrove were all over the ball, we got outworked all over the park.
A little bit different in the second half and to be honest they cleared 4 or 5 right off the goal line.They worked hard all game long and i thought we were done.
2 minutes to go and Ian Mclean came through as usual with a nice tieing goal.
Ref says we have 4 minutes of extra time and Todd Baily scores 3 minutes into extra time.
Winning ugly, yes. :rolleyes:
Gut check, yes. :(
3 points, yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Oh well thats the way it goes sometimes.
Bottom line 3 and 0 and on a roll.
Sapperton in two weeks after the bye.

P S . Gordo with a great one in the first 5 big toes!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fcuking love those Boston College-Doug Flutie-Hail Mary type comebacks.

We'll take those cheap ass points baby...

Aldergrove looked very good.
Nippy bastards. ;)

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Soccer Hangover still lingering from Friday....

Not a pretty sight with S.U. bearing down on you with something to prove. Not much "gellin" going on that nite for the AllBlack squad...a bit of fine tuning and we should be alright...Tons O new guys spells alot of potential but also bit of confusion.....can't have a weak game against those boys and get away with it....

No red lites for me Strangerthanever...(I do keep the ALOE on hand tho :cool: ) ....Unfortunately sitting on the side with Back problems...had Andrew Cuthbert (A fine wee-scot) in goal...poor fella...was valiant and did extremely well but in the end S.U. was just to much...

Only one way to go from here and we're all looking forward to our next game....

TLF

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well week 3 has come and gone and it seems my outlook on the games was a bit off !! First the All-blacks got completely schooled by Surrey United , I know bully will say they were in it for a while and they were but then the ref started the game.The all-blacks reminded me of that team that used to play the harlem globetrotters ( the generals I think ) ran a bunch but nowhere near good enough !! I wouldn't say that Surrey was globetrotter like but that is the best I have seen them play in about two years , bloody clinical !!
The arch boys did as I thought and hammered Academico 7-0 !! 19 goals for and 0 against in 3 games !! Not bad but again look at the competition, Academico, poco and delta, but they did destroy them all !!
I think the rangers now understand that for the most parts there are no days off in the masters , Aldergrove always work hard and compete and if you don't match them then you won't get a result !!
Delta and Poco was as predicted ,a delta win although only 1-0, might have been a good game to watch after all !!
Gotw for week 4 has got to be the Arch against Surrey united . The only bad thing is everyone is playing Sunday this week , shitte !!!
I am going out on a limb and am actually gonna make some result predictions !!
Surrey United 3 Peace arch 1
Aldergrove 2 All-blacks 1
Delta 4 Academico 1
Sapperton 5 Poco 0

Any one else want to throw some out there ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0