Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2024

Thumper

Jun 30, 2022
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is Southgate.... they need to light a fire under these players as they think they are all so great but where is the intensity ? They sored and then hung back thinking they could see out a 1-nil game. Got to be clinical and go after all the teams they play.

Thumper

Jun 30, 2022
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they want to not bring the best of England to the match , then Start players like Palmer and put Foden back in the middle and Bellingham up front. So many better options on the bench....

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They'll say Trent is the problem but WTF did Bellingham do today? This team is sooooo overrated, #5 in the world my arse.
Didn't do much even before England scored and it got worse for England after that. The entire MF set up was f/up vs Denmark who were full value for this game.

England's problems included their reluctance to shift out 4-2-3-1 against Denmark's 3-4-1-2 as the female colour commentator noted - no width on England's part. Denmark's strength with that solid line of 4 across the MF stymied England and they simply played effectively.
Southgate's subs didn't produce much of a difference although I was a bit surprised he took out Kane (who did give up that brutal pass that led to the tying goal) as he was at least putting in more effort all over the park in that brutal second half.

Southgate seemingly made no effort to tweak anything at the half despite it being pretty clear they were going to be in trouble if things didn't change.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
as the female colour commentator noted - no width on England's part
bill hader lol GIF by IFC

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is Southgate.... they need to light a fire under these players as they think they are all so great but where is the intensity ? They sored and then hung back thinking they could see out a 1-nil game. Got to be clinical and go after all the teams they play.

If they want to not bring the best of England to the match , then Start players like Palmer and put Foden back in the middle and Bellingham up front. So many better options on the bench....

You're right that Southgate is not instilling the intensity factor but how they structured that midfield took Bellingham out of the game. Maybe you're onto something with Bellingham.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing I’m clinging onto is Portugal won the euros with only 1 win in 90 mins in 2016, and the fact Greece, and Denmark have both won the euros. Because there is a 0% chance we will outplay any big team.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England's structure and Southgate's fears seem to be all this England team needs to fail.

Belgium racing with the ball towards to their end today was the instruction the manager was giving to that player. I'm fine with delaying and possessing and even taking your time on kicks to stall the game but that for me only applies when you're playing to win.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England's structure and Southgate's fears seem to be all this England team needs to fail.

Belgium racing with the ball towards to their end today was the instruction the manager was giving to that player. I'm fine with delaying and possessing and even taking your time on kicks to stall the game but that for me only applies when you're playing to win.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say I’m enjoying seeing the refs put the whistle in their pocket for the most part on soft fouls and dives for free kicks. Obviously a message has gone out to refs to quash the diving

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say I’m enjoying seeing the refs put the whistle in their pocket for the most part on soft fouls and dives for free kicks. Obviously a message has gone out to refs to quash the diving
I thought similarly and in that Belgium - Ukraine game it showed as it got into the later stages. Some non-calls were advantage decisions and others as you said seemed to be a message to the divers.
At this level they don't lack for fans but it sure frustrates this viewer when they go down so easily and stay down for nothing.
The number of shirt grabbing incidents in harmless areas of the field and arms wrapped right around an attacking player by a defender on a corner kick is shocking. You'd not see this ignored by refs at amateur levels but it seems so common in Europe, it's just part of the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0