Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Sir M, Delta beat a team last year or the year before 14 - 1. At the time I recall that I may have chastized them for there lack of class in running up the score against an inferior opponent.

Of course this time is completely different.:rolleyes:

In fairness to our side, the Heat showed up at the park with ten hung over guys (they had a fund raiser the night before) and knew full well they were going to lose by a lot. Early in the game, one of the Heat players cheered when the ball crossed the centre line and asked his teammates to "take a picture." When a team is unprepared to play, what are we supposed to do? Keep kicking the ball off for throw ins?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, but 15-0? And then saying you had to do it to win the league?

Anyway, this is a bit of flogging a dead horse, so lets end it. I am trying to get ahead of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings while watching the football game this eve. Any FVSL results from today that anyone can help me out with?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peace Arch Rangers 0 - LUFC Athletics 4
Late yesterday.
Discuss.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, but 15-0? And then saying you had to do it to win the league?

Anyway, this is a bit of flogging a dead horse, so lets end it. I am trying to get ahead of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings while watching the football game this eve. Any FVSL results from today that anyone can help me out with?

Delta 3 GEU 0.

Scoreline flatters GEU.

Moneyman, create an over 50's league for your team with your dough.

90 MIN

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

NDUA 4 - White Rock 0

ND got up early and WR could not answer , not making excuses but we were short a few of our key players, an off night for sure but full marks to ND who played hard for the win. It was also windy as FCUK !!!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

90 Mins:
Sure you've potted a few against the Heat (the leagues punching bag),

and what a quality game that looks like it was v PAU.

We'll see what WR can "pretend" to do on Sunday then?[/QUOTE]

Let's see....4-0.....hmmmm didn't see any goals go into the NDUA net:D
Also...I believe the first 3 were "against the wind":eek:
Thanks for the run...good luck the rest of the season...just don't "pretend" anymore:D

Cheers!

90 MIN

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm sure we will play each other again :)

and good luck the rest of the season to you

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just got in from White Rock ,enjoyable game because there was nothing cheap and no whining I think 4-0 flatters them really.

What a joke four empty dressing rooms and no keys, that is house league man! Freaken freezing standing outside in the wind and pissin rain after the game. Oh well the beer was good and the tunes were awesome!

Took another step in the right direction as a team tonight, got to keep it goin!

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

90 Mins:
Sure you've potted a few against the Heat (the leagues punching bag),

and what a quality game that looks like it was v PAU.

We'll see what WR can "pretend" to do on Sunday then?

Let's see....4-0.....hmmmm didn't see any goals go into the NDUA net:D
Also...I believe the first 3 were "against the wind":eek:
Thanks for the run...good luck the rest of the season...just don't "pretend" anymore:D

Cheers![/QUOTE]
Well done Scotty....way to put 'em where they belong.....Sunday night games with no change rooms....BRUTAL!!!!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well done boys! A nice effort last night and the usual post-game laughs.Getting tired of these "conflict" games.What the hell? guess i have to sneak out of the house for 5hrs friday night....Scotty, can we fool them again?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice to see teams like Mission and ND moving up the table where they belong. Knees scoring 4 goals against White Rock is a bit unsportsmanlike isn't it. 3 would have been enough don't you think.

Also congrats to Dude and his crew for their first victory in months. Well done - are you going to start posting again now is it's not the same without you.

JTL

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Awwww.
See - You do care. ;)

Not to wade into this much, as MBE said it's a dead horse, but I'm not sure how much you can chastise the PoCo guys for the scoreline.
Monkey's right, unfortunately there were results like that last year and correct me if I'm wrong, the year before.
And it's hard when a team is keen to be at the top and another team of, in all due respect, lesser quality shows up with 10 guys to lay off the gas.
White Rock and Abby for example had a tough time their first two years and look at them now - They're in the mix.
As long as the Heat stick it out, they'll hopefully compete in time.
That and the tiering of the league will help next year.

Masters is not a cake walk - There are some cracking teams out there who could give Premier and Division 1 teams a run.

My two bits and cheers,
RF

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, we do.
Having the word Ranger in our User Name.
Top Class - Why wouldn't we?

;)

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just so everyone knows, total goals doesn't matter, so 15 goals vs The Heat will not come into play to win the league.
If two teams are tied, it would be a head to head goals, if they wanted to run the score up it should of been vs Delta.
So lets not use that reason to run the score up vs a last place team, that is just sad.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just so everyone knows, total goals doesn't matter, so 15 goals vs The Heat will not come into play to win the league.
If two teams are tied, it would be a head to head goals, if they wanted to run the score up it should of been vs Delta.
So lets not use that reason to run the score up vs a last place team, that is just sad.

I demand a rematch!

N

NDU Alumni

Want to thank 90 minutes for giving us some gas for our game!! I guees maybe you guys need to park you center back beside your keeper!!!! And using excuses like "we were missing four players" is weak. Ever team is missing players ever week. We went to Mission with a short bench and earned a draw so deal with it. We were missing two of our starters last night and it didn't seem to hurt us any. And then using the wind as a excuse is crazy. You know we switched ends at half time?? Not to mention we potted three going into the wind!! Most importantly we out drank you even if it was out in the rain and the cold due to a lack of keys to the change rooms!! Reminded me of a u-6 game with no rooms after a game!!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice to see teams like Mission and ND moving up the table where they belong. Knees scoring 4 goals against White Rock is a bit unsportsmanlike isn't it. 3 would have been enough don't you think.

Also congrats to Dude and his crew for their first victory in months. Well done - are you going to start posting again now is it's not the same without you.

JTL

You're right.It would have,but we like even numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0