Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know some of you will love this.

Castilians 1 PAU FC 1. Should have finished them off in the first half but couldn't finish our dinner. They are a hardworking team that may take points off of other teams as well. Feels like a loss for us, probably a victory for them.

Classy bunch, thanks for the Bavarian Lager Dutch. Best of luck.

JTL

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

The mighty Poco now have a blemish:eek: Great day for some soccer....just glad I was only watching...:D

Cheers!

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco play some good football - great bunch of lads....

Take Notice they will be around for a long time.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Premier players made the difference today, hard fought match, Poco is a good side, they were lucky to leave S. Surrey with a point, we took it too them in the last 10. They are fit and can run, but did lack finish today.

hos

40+

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS,
You made it look easy back there. The Premier guys were definitely the difference. Great weather. Great game for the spectators. AH's chip shot should have been a goal. Great save on the Poco keepers part.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm speechless Dude. I seriously thought you were a decent team when we played you. What has happened? Did you show up with 8 or 9 bodies?

JTL

Can't begin to describe the self destruction our side has gone through since the night we played you. Obviously, two totally different squads. Anyone who knows me knows how much this is gutting me.

As my dear Mums used to say, "Michael, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all".

For once I'll head her advise.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great Sunday morning for a football match.

Good bit of football by Poco in the first half but only (1) to show for it, and that was in the last couple minutes with a couple of luck bounces. We had a couple good chances that didn't even end up testiing the goalie.

PA adjusted well and played much better in the 2nd half. Lucky bounce for PA on their goal (OG) in the 2nd half. Both teams could have won the game. We aren't pleased about the dropping the points but every game isn't going to be a masterpiece.

Overall it was a good game, nicest team in the league. Not the usual thing for a PA team.

Their Premier players were the differenct, last count there was about 7 of them;).

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco play some good football - great bunch of lads....

Take Notice they will be around for a long time.
Sinpa...I watched a bit of the game and you were outstanding....great game and result.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sinpa...I watched a bit of the game and you were outstanding....great game and result.

No offense to PA but..... hardly outstanding! I didn't even realize that PA had utilized any Prem players... Really? If that is true... not impressed at all... I think PoCo played poorly and still dominated the game. Good bunch of guys and it was a nice day for a game.... The tie put a damper on the morning for sure.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No offense to PA but..... hardly outstanding! I didn't even realize that PA had utilized any Prem players... Really? If that is true... not impressed at all....

Thats the point Ranger, no Prem players were on the park, unless you count Sumner and JTL who played for the Poco Prem the week before. None of the PAU Prem players are good enough to get on the park with the Masters team.
Poco will be at the top of the league come end of the year, the question is with who else, PAFC, Delta, S. Delta, or NDUA?

hos

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thats the point Ranger, no Prem players were on the park....hos

Gotcha... In that case.. you guys were decent. Even some of your 'older' players were good... It would have been nice to have a re-match.. I'd like to think we would have the edge on turf!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great Sunday morning for a football match.

Overall it was a good game, nicest team in the league. Not the usual thing for a PA team.

Their Premier players were the differenct, last count there was about 7 of them;).

bored,
It was a fun match up! A great game to the end, and it must have been the MOTW, as the spectators moved right up to the sidelines just to see the brillance of masters fitba in the FVSL..reminded me of the good old days playing in the Itailian League, all the locals surrounding the park, placing match bets :D fun stuff....Thanks for the quote above.

All the best. mucho respecto for the POCO CASTILIANS... :)

5bt's

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, that was the most peaceful postgame MOTW reports all season.
Wasn't there a single person out there that didn't like the game, or maybe didn't like someone on the other team?

Bunch of softies if you ask me.

I was only disspointed we didn't get to test HOS more often, or ever. He didn't even break a sweat.

They moved the ball much better in second half than us and we kinda went stagnant for periods of the game.Personally, i couldnt've passed gas yesterday, let alone a soccer ball. Atrocious. :rolleyes:

I hope we do get a rematch somewhere along the lines. Cup i imagine we'll meet up again

PS: HOS, i'm still waiting in the changeroom for the beer you promised me! ;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hos: Thanks for the mention of NDU near the top at years end.....ya never know:D

Cheers!

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Well PAU this week and really not sure what to expect from them or us for that matter? Not sure how many players they have left from last year.

As for us I think we are starting to play better but still a ways to go.

As for last week I think it will be a tough year for Surrey Heat. Not the most talented team but seem to be happy that at least they are out there still playing, even in that storm last Friday night.

Enjoyable post game as always for both teams good laugh when we gave their keeper our man of the match award and the extra large cold one that goes with it.Just so happens he made a great save on a PK taken by none other than Bad knees 7 himself. Did I mention they are brothers.
BK7 thanks for the Fireball great post game bevy on a night like that.

Would have been nice though to see the player on their team that the ref was going to toss until we talked him out of it to come by and at least have a pint with us. Quite sure we saved him a fine and suspension that night.

Enjoy your matches this week boys!

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

As for Hos not mentioning Mission, you guys are in a league of you own or at least you should be. Holy crap what a road trip. Thank God Jimmy Macs was on the way home!

Not the most hospitable team either the bastards threatened to lock us in the parking lot.

Even though it was only a half an our after the game, I guess when you take into account that we were in a different time zone ,we'll let it go.

N

NDU Alumni

At least we got a change room!! Look at those poor bastards who go to west van and have to change in the parking lot!!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Enjoyable post game as always for both teams good laugh when we gave their keeper our man of the match award and the extra large cold one that goes with it.Just so happens he made a great save on a PK taken by none other than Bad knees 7 himself. Did I mention they are brothers.

BK7,
what? aren't you usually done for the year by the end of Sept/Oct? you must be drinking fireball, eating McD fries and taking magic potion to mantain the ability to with stand the rigors of FVSL Master???:eek:
you still got the trophy?:confused:

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well PAU this week and really not sure what to expect from them or us for that matter? Not sure how many players they have left from last year.

As for us I think we are starting to play better but still a ways to go.

As for last week I think it will be a tough year for Surrey Heat. Not the most talented team but seem to be happy that at least they are out there still playing, even in that storm last Friday night.

Would have been nice though to see the player on their team that the ref was going to toss until we talked him out of it to come by and at least have a pint with us. Quite sure we saved him a fine and suspension that night.

Thanks a lot AT!! It was a good laugh.Good Heat characters and a special thanks to the bro-in-law for steering me away from the Patullo bridge guardrails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0