Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 dozen signed and 1 dozen hurt or unable to be at all the games. PAFC is just like every other club in Masters, lots signed, but short every weekend.
So what if the team wants to bring up a few guys from the Premier team to get some extra playing time on the weekend, especially if it is against "the best team in the FVSL since the Rangers", we are still waiting to see that.

Who ever is on the pitch on Sunday for PA, they will be O-35, that won't be true for all the players playing for Poco, perhaps that should be talked about first.

MOTW no matter what players are on the park.

hos

HOS, rules are rules. You can play whoever you want to. We won't be in full attendance and are scrambling through the lower divisions to see how many bodies we can round up. So good luck Castilians and let the best team win.

JTL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting though that Poco sends Masters players to the Premier team to strengthen the team whereas Peace Arch takes players from the Premier team to strengthen the Masters team.

Best team in the FVSL since the Rangers is a back handed compliment, I didn't think the Rangers were all that good.

Whoa, so the Poco premier team NEEDS Masters players to beat PAU, where as the PAFC team WANTS Premier players to stay competitive with Poco. Any way you say it, players are moving up and down to help teams get wins, who cares, all the players are in the club.

As for the Rangers, ya I guess a team that wins the BC's the first year in Masters and then again a few years later is not "all that good".

hos

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see HOS has a little bit of Rangers Penis envy, not to be confused with Dude's problem, Penis Ivy.

It is nice to end a discussion with everyone agreeing.

Match of the Week:

Poco Masters vs PAU Prem/Masters

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right, I just wish I could have been part of those great Rangers teams, I guess I will have to live off of RF's great Ranger stories.

hos

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right it doesn't matter who they call up but when you bring up guys that are Premier starters as well as in the top of the Golden Boot list for Premier, you have to wonder if its "extra playing time" or stacking. No?

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I care but corret me if I am wrong. If you are signed as a premier player you can not play masters? If this is the case HOS, are you saying Jacko, GMan, KNVB etc all signed Div 1 or Masters so they can play a few Masters games? My info may be dated so I apologize if I am not up to date with the intricacy's of the transfer rules. :confused:

NDUA vs Surrey Heat is a huge game this week......Shuttleworth vs Shuttleworth is a heated rivalry equal to Celtic vs Rangers. :rolleyes:

N

NDU Alumni

Steve has said "I will get two this week and one meg for good measure!!!!" should be great match up depending if Steve made it back from Vegas with all his body parts!!!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I care but corret me if I am wrong. If you are signed as a premier player you can not play masters? If this is the case HOS, are you saying Jacko, GMan, KNVB etc all signed Div 1 or Masters so they can play a few Masters games? QUOTE]

Balsa - FVSL website shows they are signed with the premier team so they can't play masters....we looked into this with our short numbers - you can draw from Div 1 down but not premier....

my two bits

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5(b) A senior amateur player registered to a team within a club may sign an intra-club single game permit to play for his club in a higher division of the League for League games only. Clubs may use a maximum of seven (7) players on inter-club single game permits during any league game. Players must follow normal transfer rules to play for a lower division team within the club. Inter-club single game permits are to be handed to the referee at the same time as team lists.

So you are saying Masters is below Premier, I allways thought Premier players went on to play Masters, a step up, I guess the league will have to make the call on this one.

I big sigh of relief for the Poco camp, they were getting worried about facing a few O-35 Premier players.

hos

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Section 5 - PERMITS

5(b) A senior amateur player registered to a team within a club may sign an intra-club single game permit to play for his club in a higher division of the League for League games only.

This is the first time that I have looked at the Constitution. It doesn't call out the Masters Division but I am assuming that the Premier is 'considered' the top Division. If that is the case then once a player has signed for the Premier Club he can only play for the Premier club.

Anyone else know or find anything else, to verify?

It seems strange that on Open Div 1 player can play in Masters but not a Premier player. Do we take this to mean that Masters is a step up from Div 1 and a step down from Premier?
I don't think this rule is very clear.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
BORING!:cool:

This was resolved many moons ago, think of MASTERS as Hawaii, it's way out there but it's part of US.

MASTERS is not above or below any other Division therefore as long as you are age qualified for MASTERS (35 by Dec 31 2009) you can play for the MASTERS team in your CLUB on PERMIT from any Division:cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch FC has 2 dozen guys signed and they still pull players from the Premier team to play. I'm sure all those guys who signed early are having a good time watching from the side lines while the Premier boys get some conditioning in.

wrong....div 1 and they qualify...CJ coaches the FVSL Premier but still enjoys a game to keep his keeper skills above average...oh! and nobody sits, everybody plays....and do you really care how the team is run? thanks for showing up sliver...:bronco:

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot my prediction....with or without premier players or 3rd div dudes or grandparents...

Poco 3- PA FC-0

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve has said "I will get two this week and one meg for good measure!!!!" should be great match up depending if Steve made it back from Vegas with all his body parts!!!

I love it.I would never say such things.I'm planning on wearing my Halloween costume.......football player.....American style.Rumour has it myself and another traitor are posted on a dart board in the Heat dressing room.Two more sleeps.....getting nervous but looking forward to the sibling battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0