Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure has been quiet on here since Langley got shtikicked. Who could have predicted that?

Delta United vs LUFC Athletics - Langley 'dominates' another game only to lose 4-1 falling closer to the lower tier for next year. This loss will result in a record low number of posts from Dude possibly keeping him off the 'air waves' until Langley finally win a game.

I was off a little on the score but right about the 'Langley Dominance' and the record low number of Dude posts this week.

Maybe we should start a poll - when will Langley win their next game?
Looking at the schedule they have South Delta this weekend and then all the Peace Arch Teams.

I'll take the Peace Arch Rangers on November 14th.

Another good poll could be - when will dude post again - I'll take late on the 14th after their next victory.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Takes two to tango Bored. I see you atempted to get the PAU boys into a war of words, but it fizzled. They just aren't as fun as me, and you just aren't as likeable as me.

Right now our biggest concern is getting 11 either injured or fit players out to Tswassen tomorrow night. I'm sure Kenny Wilson is going to love the drive from Abby.

Last week, we discussed not letting in an early goal. 3 minutes in, free kick from 45 w/ the wind. That was the 1st of 7 on a long night. I'm still shaking my head over here.

I'm hoping we can manage to keep SDFC off the scoresheet for more than 3 minutes tomorrow. We shall see.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lofty goals.

I was actually trying to set Sliver up for a slam dunk - do you recall the Midget Tossing Photo shop Sliver did many moons ago - he was a bit slow on the draw.

You will be happy to know that I have managed to get a beer wager this year, although not in the usual manner.

A member of GEU (who shall remain nameless, longest last name in the league and players on the back line) has wagered 12 beer that they will win the game. He is actually feeling pretty confident about the bet.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think any of the old PAU guys are currently playing with the current old PAU guys. (does that make sense?)

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Takes two to tango Bored. I see you atempted to get the PAU boys into a war of words, but it fizzled. They just aren't as fun as me, and you just aren't as likeable as me.

Right now our biggest concern is getting 11 either injured or fit players out to Tswassen tomorrow night. I'm sure Kenny Wilson is going to love the drive from Abby.

Last week, we discussed not letting in an early goal. 3 minutes in, free kick from 45 w/ the wind. That was the 1st of 7 on a long night. I'm still shaking my head over here.

I'm hoping we can manage to keep SDFC off the scoresheet for more than 3 minutes tomorrow. We shall see.

And any truth to the rumour that a Hall of Fame former Surrey Rangers great gonna sign with you boys!? You guys seriously need a steading influence on the field and the sidelines. Make it happen!

HJ

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are working on a BIG signing this week. We sent said prospect a teaser: conditional invite to Turducken 2009 (the one and only reason anyone would sign w/ us right now, besides pure and utter desperation, and loneliness), on the condition that his name shows up on the FVSL website sometime in the next week.

Attachments

• Turducken.jpg
    Turducken.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF2309.jpg
    DSCF2309.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF2334.jpg
    DSCF2334.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF2326.jpg
    DSCF2326.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF2373.jpg
    DSCF2373.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 92

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are working on a BIG signing this week. We sent said prospect a teaser: conditional invite to Turducken 2009 (the one and only reason anyone would sign w/ us right now, besides pure and utter desperation, and loneliness), on the condition that his name shows up on the FVSL website sometime in the next week.

Red wine with Turkey...a great pairing. :D

But seriously, what a happy looking group. Them were the days. ;)

I would say a slam dunk to secure the signing....

What were you guys watching on the TV? Replay of Langley's PAK cup win in 2004?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a little of everything to sip from that evening. Utah figured out temporary wine glasses would make great shot glasses.

I think it was tennis. Serena Williams was playing. Grunting, screaming, and obscenely large nuggets...a can't miss production.

Attachments

• DSCF2374.jpg
    DSCF2374.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 97

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talent, skill and humour... Three other things you imagine.

:D

I also imagine that if we do meet at some point that you and your Castillian brethren may not find the humour in getting your arse handed to
you. You might even be up to 60 minutes a game by then and almost fat, erm, fit.

I can drive a tractor. Is that considered a skill/talent in your time zone?

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now I know why Dean gets red cards. Nice salute at a lovely Christmas dinner Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0