Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Sept '09

Looks like there is a new sherrif in town!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I"]YouTube - the new sheriff scene from blazing saddles[/ame]

Great for the league!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Millsy? WTF?

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Mission is only good on the grass? Good work by the ballsacks pays off.Rankings shot to hell now.Poco 3-0 over Delta.Game report required JTL\Bored ?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You think the chatter picked up after the Langley game? Wait till you hear from Delta after tonights game. :)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good game out there tonight,

Fair result although Delta could have had a couple late. PK of the crossbar with 10 to go would have made it closer, they also missed a sitter with 30 seconds or so left. We were down to 10 men with about 20 to go so that made it a little more interesting. Good team, enjoyed the outing, my apologies to the 140 pd weekling that was so offended by some pretty lame trash talking. Good effort all around. Andy (Ref) takes me back to the hard fought PAU v Poco matches, some interesting calls to say the least - for both teams to be sure. We will take the points and move on.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

You think the chatter picked up after the Langley game? Wait till you hear from Delta after tonights game. :)

No chatter, better team won. full stop.

POCO is easily a top three team and if it weren't for one of there sublime strikers ego they could be better.....:D

Anyway, if not for the cheap Heinikein I would take a few shots. At the other post. Left one. Feck. What could of been, really. Hiccup! :cool:

Bored, man of the match.

Hopefully, we see you in the cup. Would be nice.

Just saying.

HJ

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta are a strong team and you can see why they won the league last year. A lot of big lads on that team - what do they eat out there in Ladner? Anyways it was another good game for us -they didn't have many chances going forward. Our backline was solid. Going down to 10 men again gave them some life - just foolishness with 20 minutes to go and being up 3-0.

Good bunch of lads. Best of luck and I suspect we will meet in the cup.

Millsy, you must have been feeling generous again - is it getting close to christmas or what? Could be tough to get 5 points back especially with some tough games still to play. I think you'll have a hard time beating Delta United. Must be so disappointing.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyway, if not for the cheap Heinikein I would take a few shots.

HJ,
Never complain about free beer!!

Thought we had a solid game from everyone out there last night.
If they had scored on the one they rung off the post in the 1st half, it could have been a different story. They are definately a big team, and i can see how Waldy tops the scoring race. He's quiet and sly and you can lose him quickly if you don't pay attention. Nice to keep him off the scoresheet.

What's up with the lights at Holly? The goal in the parking lot side was dark as hell compared to the other end. Couple of skyballs were hard to see up there.

Congrats to Delta for a great game, just didn't seem to have the flow last night that you can see they would usually have. I'm betting the PK that clipped the crossbar before going over is still haunting that guy. Or the chance Waldy whiffed on as well. Oh, what could have been. :)

I'll complain too about the absurd red card that was taken, but i sure as hell am not going to complain about the free beer that's for sure. :) Thanks Clay Aiken!!!

I will be proposing to the team at next practice that any red card is a round of beer......for every goal we are ahead by! That should calm it down a bit.

Good thing we have 3 of our guys back for the next game........hopefully. At the rate of our red cards we may be short sided before we know it.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I will be proposing to the team at next practice that any red card is a round of beer......for every goal we are ahead by! That should calm it down a bit.

Oooooooo........that's interesting........

That would have been 3 rounds for Mr. Aiken last night and four rounds for Trev. a couple of weeks back.

I like it.:D

It was a great effort by the Castilians last night. It wasn't long before the Delta boys were getting on each other for "getting beaten to every ball."

Pleasantly surprised to see Mission drop a couple of points in Ballsackville. Who woulda thunk it?:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are there no Delta boys on here to post their side of the game?
Or are they still licking their wounds?

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

HJ,
Never complain about free beer!!

Thought we had a solid game from everyone out there last night.
If they had scored on the one they rung off the post in the 1st half, it could have been a different story. They are definately a big team, and i can see how Waldy tops the scoring race. He's quiet and sly and you can lose him quickly if you don't pay attention. Nice to keep him off the scoresheet.

What's up with the lights at Holly? The goal in the parking lot side was dark as hell compared to the other end. Couple of skyballs were hard to see up there.

Congrats to Delta for a great game, just didn't seem to have the flow last night that you can see they would usually have. I'm betting the PK that clipped the crossbar before going over is still haunting that guy. Or the chance Waldy whiffed on as well. Oh, what could have been. :)

I'll complain too about the absurd red card that was taken, but i sure as hell am not going to complain about the free beer that's for sure. :) Thanks Clay Aiken!!!

Good thing we have 3 of our guys back for the next game........hopefully. At the rate of our red cards we may be short sided before we know it.

Yoda,

You guys were deserving of the win and I am not just saying that because of the free beer. :D

Good to have you guys in Masters.

No excuses but we were very shorthanded and banged up so it was an uphill battle from the get go....either way kudos to PoCo for a well earned 3 pts.

I agree the lights at Holly are brutal at that end...that's why Valdy whiffed and the pk hit the bar......:rolleyes:

HJ

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched an afternoon match at Old Hammond with some teammates today. And by teammates i mean a few beers of course. :)

GEU vs South Delta - 2 undefeated teams so far this season.
I was actuallyl dissapointed. Expected a much more skilled match but just didn't see it out there.

South Surrey came away with a 3 -1 win.

I still stick to my analysis that the standings will change dramatically when some of these top few teams start playing the more skilled teams. They'll lose points in a hurry. Don't see South Surrey and Peace Arch FC staying undefeated for much longer.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDUA 2 -0 over Aldergrove.After only playing 2 matches thus far,a good result for us.Under-manned with injuries etc,a gritty effort is what pulled it out.Aldergrove battled hard in the first half but seemed to die in the second.Halvy with a cracker from 25yds and Deeley with a nicely slotted effort,did the damage for us.Another week off.....
we'll see Poco next for a Friday night special.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda....you might've had to many friends(beers)....GEU was playing South DELTA....:D.....but nice of you to pass on the score line.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0