Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training that's what your doing wrong for sure! Do you know in our "storied" 4 year history that we have never had a single "training" session once the season begins.

Bored,

Can you imagine how good we would be if we trained what finely tuned atheletes we would become. Instead of losing the league last year on the last play of the last game we would have plundered the league with a well oiled machine "trained" in all the nuances of the game of Football. I guess all of the long hours of training the Castillians put in is really paying off for you guys this year.:D

OK.

Training = getting a bunch of lads out to kick it about, and have a few bevies and laughs after.

We have a lot of issues. What we need is a couch and a good shrink.

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch FC has 2 dozen guys signed and they still pull players from the Premier team to play. I'm sure all those guys who signed early are having a good time watching from the side lines while the Premier boys get some conditioning in.

Half Dozen of those signed are injured or on work duties!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated - 1775, from un- (1) "not" + pp. of defeat (v.).

Use it in a sentence:

The out of shape, past their prime, indifferent Mission old boys were undefeated until they played the finely tuned, obsessively hard training Castilians.

If you need help with anything else like proper use of an apostrophe:

Example:

I having trouble
Or
I'm having trouble

Also correct is: I am having trouble

So other new words for your 4 year old:

Jog, Fitness, Salad.

An archaic or antiquated phrase you may want to teach him:

Cake for desert? No thank you.

:D

The rest of my office was wondering why I burst out laughing a minute ago. Thanks Bored.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated - 1775, from un- (1) "not" + pp. of defeat (v.).

Use it in a sentence:

The out of shape, past their prime, indifferent Mission old boys were undefeated until they played the finely tuned, obsessively hard training Castilians.

If you need help with anything else like proper use of an apostrophe:

Example:

I having trouble
Or
I'm having trouble

Also correct is: I am having trouble

So other new words for your 4 year old:

Jog, Fitness, Salad.

An archaic or antiquated phrase you may want to teach him:

Cake for desert? No thank you.

I new I should have used spell check before posting. Point taken about my inabilities to use the apostrophe correctly but I was more concerned with the "s" at the end of undefeateds and how to correct annunciate the "s". Maybe Sylvester or Tweety Bird could help us out with this conundrum.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored, I can't believe our team is getting slagged for training. I always thought it was a good idea to exercise.

As far as bringing guys down from Premier to play Master's I think good on them, it works both ways - some Master's teams benefit from the premier teams and some premier teams benefit from the Master's teams. That is a benefit of being part of a club. I do think that once you play for one Master's team or one Premier team you shouldn't be allowed to play for another one in the same league however.

Either way I think Sunday will be tough - even tougher because a lot of guys myself included coach youth teams Sunday morning so we will need to call on our Div. 1 and 2 players to make up our numbers as we don't have any premier players over 35 at the moment.

JTL

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either way I think Sunday will be tough - even tougher because a lot of guys myself included coach youth teams Sunday morning so we will need to call on our Div. 1 and 2 players to make up our numbers as we don't have any premier players over 35 at the moment.

JTL
You mentioned a guy contacted you a few weeks ago looking to play for us... I hope you kept his contact info just in case... He did have Div 3 experience after all...

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch FC has 2 dozen guys signed and they still pull players from the Premier team to play. I'm sure all those guys who signed early are having a good time watching from the side lines while the Premier boys get some conditioning in.

Peace Arch FC has not had 1 Premier player play in a game, they have had a couple Div 1 players only.
PAFC has a good amount of injuries and have another 6 guy's on shift work.
The 2 tie's that FC has vs 2 lower teams were because of no body's, those 2 weekends FC had 11 / 12 players, and not all were that heathy.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch FC has not had 1 Premier player play in a game, they have had a couple Div 1 players only.
PAFC has a good amount of injuries and have another 6 guy's on shift work.
The 2 tie's that FC has vs 2 lower teams were because of nobody's, those 2 weekends FC had 11 / 12 players, and not all were that heathy.

Simple1 and Hackman are awfully sensitive, you may have struck a nerve Sliver.

Hackman, that was not very nice to lay the blame for the ties on the nobodies from Div 1, they may not return.

I see nothing negative about training - unless of course you only get 3 people out consistenly and lose 7-1, in that case I suggest changing what you are working on at said practices.

Game of the week - PA vs Poco, just like the good old days.
That midget Cainey playing? (Sliver, there is your cue!)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a game of keep-it-up juggling last week- ASS.

This week we are going to change it up to DONKEY. That should do it.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desert: n. A waste, uninhabited, uncultivated place, esp. a waterless and treeless region.

Dessert: n. The last course at dinner, consisting of fruit and sweet-meats.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catch 22. Practicing 2 vs. 1 scoring opportunities gets old fast. If we have more than 3, we can do more than play keep-it-up.

Plus, as you know Bored, it gets more and more difficult to play keep-it-up as we get older. This is a 30 second - 1.5 minute drill, max, at our age.

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple1 and Hackman are awfully sensitive, you may have struck a nerve Sliver.

Hackman, that was not very nice to lay the blame for the ties on the nobodies from Div 1, they may not return.

I see nothing negative about training - unless of course you only get 3 people out consistenly and lose 7-1, in that case I suggest changing what you are working on at said practices.

Game of the week - PA vs Poco, just like the good old days.
That midget Cainey playing? (Sliver, there is your cue!)

Bored not being sensitive, just wanted to make sure Silver had all the facts.
Also not putting the blame on are Div.1 players, what I meant is that we didn't have numbers, we know that we need 15 + guy's every game vs any team, and we didn't for those 2 games including are Div 1 guy's.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you for you precise and honest answer. I feel much better knowing the facts. Speaking of BS, what about that MIDGET Cainey, is he playing?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, another busy weekend for everyone, and another bye for us.
Man are out of shape now!

This weekends scores:
Mission FC 2 - North Delta Utd Alumni 2
Delta United 7 - LUFC Athletics 1
Sikh Temple Utd 4 - Surrey Heat 0
GEU Thunder 1 - Peace Arch Utd 2
Peace Arch FC 2 - South Delta FC 0
Aldergrove Utd 2 - Abbotsford Brickmen FC 1
White Rock Utd 1 - Peace Arch Rangers 0

Here's the updated standings:

1 South Delta FC
2 Peace Arch
3 Delta Utd
4 Poco Castilians FC
5 White Rock Utd
6 Peace Arch Utd
7 Mission FC
8 Aldergrove Utd
9 GEU Thunder
10 North Delta Utd Alumni
11 LUFC Athletics
12 Peace Arch Rangers
13 Sikh Temple Utd
14 Abbotsford Brickmen FC
15 LUFC All Blacks
16 Surrey Heat

This Weeks Matchups:

LUFC All Blacks GEU Thunder - Willoughby TURF Fri 9pm
North Delta Utd Alumni Surrey Heat - Delsom TURF Fri 9pm
Delta United Peace Arch Utd - Holly TURF Fri 9.15pm MOTW Runner Up
South Delta FC LUFC Athletics -Winskill TURF Fri 8.15pm
Sikh Temple Utd Abbotsford Brickmen FC - Newton TURF #1 Sat 8pm
Peace Arch FC Poco Castilians FC - Sth Surrey Park #8 Sun 10am MOTW

This will be the MOTW and we'll see who's callups will make the difference for better or worse.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

2 dozen signed and 1 dozen hurt or unable to be at all the games. PAFC is just like every other club in Masters, lots signed, but short every weekend.
So what if the team wants to bring up a few guys from the Premier team to get some extra playing time on the weekend, especially if it is against "the best team in the FVSL since the Rangers", we are still waiting to see that.

Who ever is on the pitch on Sunday for PA, they will be O-35, that won't be true for all the players playing for Poco, perhaps that should be talked about first.

MOTW no matter what players are on the park.

hos

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensitive group out at the border crossing.
I expect that both teams are following the rules.
Interesting though that Poco sends Masters players to the Premier team to strengthen the team whereas Peace Arch takes players from the Premier team to strengthen the Masters team.

Best team in the FVSL since the Rangers is a back handed compliment, I didn't think the Rangers were all that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0