Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it just me but the soccer seems to be much better than the ref...Maybe we need to have all refs and linesman meet some sort of standard like better training or at least play some level of soccer ..shite they get paid for this that just frustrates most games...most players don't get paid but all ref and linesman do...I know this will stir up shite but someone needs to say something or will stay the same as the way it is now..cheers...its bad in VMSL and FVSL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it just me but the soccer seems to be much better than the ref...Maybe we need to have all refs and linesman meet some sort of standard like better training or at least play some level of soccer ..shite they get paid for this that just frustrates most games...most players don't get paid but all ref and linesman do...I know this will stir up shite but someone needs to say something or will stay the same as the way it is now..cheers...its bad in VMSL and FVSL

Well @old fart, would you wanna ref if all you got was yelled and and called shitty whether you were or not? It's tough to get people to ref when they get treated like shite and everyone thinks they're superstars and should get every call from Div 3 right up to Premier. As much as they can have bad games, and some are just plain bad, I still shake hands at the end and applaud them for taking a lot of crap from teams.
This is not to say that there arent some refs out there that need some evaluations done on them by head refs but that's what we get when we treat them like shite.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just checking in here...you aren't wrong, at all. Problem is, nobody wants to ref anymore. I've effectively retired from playing, and there is not enough tea in China that could convince me to ref, not the way we used to abuse them, and not with what they are paid.

Double the fees from youth up, and start recruiting hard. Maybe in 10 years we'll see a better level.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah. No new fresh blood coming in to ref.
Same refs are around from when I was 22 and playing. 14 years ago!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There seems to be more youth reffing which is a good sign for future Masters teams I guess but we'all never see any new ones I imagine

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks matchups

IMG_4357.jpg

South Surrey
West Coast
PoMo
Temple

Temple is having a great start to the season. This new and improved team is showing its stuff. Well done

South Surrey holding their own up in Premier and doing well.

MOTW: North Delta vs Temple

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Week 5, here's the table:

1. Temple
  2. North Delta
  3. Port Moody
  4. Coastal
  5. West Coast
  6. Delta
  7. South Surrey
  8. Surrey

Temple with a shite load of goals and giving up only a few. A force to be reckoned with this year. Well done! Can't wait to play you! Kidding, I'm scared shitless.

This weeks matchups:
Port Moody vs Temple (MOTW)
North Delta vs Delta
West Coast vs Coastal
South Surrey bs Surrey

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Coast 4-2 Temple

All around good game today. Reffing was sub par again.

0-0 at half
We went up 1-0 in the first few of 2nd half on a quick counter attack. They tied it up on an offisde play that may or may not have backfired but we didn't get the call. We went up 2-1 on a free kick inside the box that I don't understand how it wasn't a PK. We scored anyways.
They pressed and tied it up and then gave us the lead on an unfortunate OG.
We scored 1 more to seal the deal.

Not sure they played their best today but the points and win were good for us.

Always a good game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly Yoda I think reffing Masters is a major challenge. I've watched quite a few masters games and haven't seen a single one where I wouldn't have brandished a few red cards. The players would probably disagree as a lot of guys came from an era of kicking any player who dared to dribble past them. Combine that with all the mistimed tackles for just generally being older and the body not getting there as quick as the mind. What do you let go and what do you not.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly Yoda I think reffing Masters is a major challenge. I've watched quite a few masters games and haven't seen a single one where I wouldn't have brandished a few red cards. The players would probably disagree as a lot of guys came from an era of kicking any player who dared to dribble past them. Combine that with all the mistimed tackles for just generally being older and the body not getting there as quick as the mind. What do you let go and what do you not.

Agreed it's not easy but this guy was inconsistent, wanted nothing to do with answering simple questions about calls, and simply seemed to not even wanna be there. He did however speak to a temple fans on one side and then tossed one from the park on the other side. Maybe that's what put him in his mood.

As I've said as well i would never wanna ref Masters for the same reasons you listed and we need to be careful with the refs we have. They'll get worse before they get better if we chase them away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0