Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 1 is in the books.

Matchups for week 2

PMO Rangers FC - South Surrey FC

Port Moody will feel like they gave up a few chances to take their first game and I'm guessing will capitalize on those this time around. South Surrey will get caught off guard with Moody's speed even with a good and proper warmup, and will go down a couple quick and will try to keep the score line reasonable.
4-0 PMO

Coastal FC Peace Arch - Surrey United

Surrey's first game was against the always tough North Delta and it doesn't get easier with Coastal. Coastal and their tough backline and solid possession game will keep Surrey off the scoresheet.
2-0 Coastal

SFC Temple United A - Delta United

Temple coming off a welcome wagon win against South Surrey, matchs up against the always big Delta, but Temples ball movement will cause them trouble. Even matchup I pick a tie.
1-1

North Delta SC Rangers - Westcoast FC Milan

West Coast opened the season against the League Champs and put in a good showing to take a point. Good start to a new team with new faces. Delta a year older and hopefully a year slower, but their veteran play is usually what gets it done. Youth over Vets.
2-0 West Coast

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we thought we were doing OK. 1-0 for us at half. Then KG decided to play. We were pretty lax on marking and he made us pay. Hat trick finished us off at 3-1. Disappointing result. Still working on some cohesion.

Thanks to the BBQ master for some great post game food. Well done.

On to South Surrey next week

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings after 2 weeks

IMG_4073.jpg

This weeks matchups:

Delta vs Port Moody
Coastal vs North Delta (MOTW)
West Coast vs South Surrey
Surrey vs SFC Temple

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big switch up of players? More youth?

Not a switch up of players, added new players to the mix. Wouldn't necessarily say more youth as the average age probably increased but a lot more focus and a lot more competition for spots. Everyone is on the same page.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a switch up of players, added new players to the mix. Wouldn't necessarily say more youth as the average age probably increased but a lot more focus and a lot more competition for spots. Everyone is on the same page.

Sounds intriguing, can't wait to see it!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Gurps is playing in Burnaby or something? Huge loss for the league, the handsome man quotient dropped a couple of points w/ his loss.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With two kids the drive out to Surrey on a Tuesday night at 9pm for training in the middle of November just didn't appeal to me anymore.

Plus, I need my beauty sleep.:gurps:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Yoda Playing VMSL Masters with Burnaby Wolves. We were in Masters 1 for a few seasons and got relegated last year. I may be the "youngest" on the team as our average is is getting up there.

In the summer still play with Temple and we/they had some new signings this year. Team looked strong and should do well this season.

@Yoda who you with now? I remember a few seasons back in Masters Prem I think you were playing with Poco when I played against you? Ian Clarke, Blakeway and King etc were on that team.....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Yoda Playing VMSL Masters with Burnaby Wolves. We were in Masters 1 for a few seasons and got relegated last year. I may be the "youngest" on the team as our average is is getting up there.

In the summer still play with Temple and we/they had some new signings this year. Team looked strong and should do well this season.

@Yoda who you with now? I remember a few seasons back in Masters Prem I think you were playing with Poco when I played against you? Ian Clarke, Blakeway and King etc were on that team.....

Yup, that's where I was for a few years until they split and went separate ways. Like you I wasn't eager to drive to o far and ended up FVSL Masters Premier with another Poco team but now in WestCoast Masters Premier as Poco dropped to Div 1

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs no the team used to play in the Burnaby League for many years with a dose of players who used to mainly play VMSL Div 1.

The "older" guys are mostly the Burnaby League guys with some of the "younger" guys fromer VMSL'ers.

Cliff Ave players are mixed in between Cliff Ave Ashfords, Inter in Prem and Columbus in Prem I believe.

As for Temple, they picked up some Akal players that played for Akal for years (may explain why Akal Div 1 folded?) and some younger players that now qualify for over 35 that will help them alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0