Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lords 3, Poco 1.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is shocking. We'll be having a Club meeting about this. The Assletics are terrible and for one of our teams to lose to this lot is very disturbing.

The league should not be asking 40+ year olds to play 180 minutes of soccer within a 24 hour period.

On a side note I wouldn't mind if the Assletics were to receive promotion as I would love to hand them their ASSES twice a year. That would be a lot of fun.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They finally got one when The Monkey gift wrapped his only freakin' completed pass of the night - right to the Lord standing on the penalty spot - who had his easiest goal in years.:mad:

Yes Sunsai, it was my easiest goal in years. :D

JTL, IF that were to happen, I get the feeling the Watchman wouldn't let his little pudding play against a bunch of thugs that could hurt Jackie.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny.

Asseater Gay Lords also have a game today. Gotta agree with the many thoughts about 2 games in a weekend for us oldtimers - that is a lot to ask.
Lords season rests on today's game V da-da-da da the Razorbacks. Could Sid play the spoiler?

Tough schedule for the two Langley teams playing each other twice - I sure hope there is no hanky panky between the two affiliated teams allowing 1 to make it through....

Peace Arch can still make it interesing too by winning out which would include beating the Lords.

I think Langley will be honest in their effort against each other.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with jtl no team in over35s should be playing 2 games back to back.
The way the league has done the schedule for masters is ASS backwards!
Hopefully improve for summer & next season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't play today.

Trust me, there are too many bragging rights on the line for the Darby, no matter what the point implications will be.

The two games in two nights was tough- not gonna lie. We had a few more subs, but one went down injured right away, and two others were short spell subs playing out of position...but even a 10 minute rest made a difference.

BTW- Picard in the net following his hat trick performance Friday, played nearly lights out, and made several outstanding stops w/ Poco pressing. Man-of-the-weekend.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey, nice that you gift wrapped it for him, but i'm slightly surprised he didn't ask you to shoot it for him too, considering his lack of scoring touch.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes Sunsai, it was my easiest goal in years. :D

JTL, IF that were to happen, I get the feeling the Watchman wouldn't let his little pudding play against a bunch of thugs that could hurt Jackie.[/QUOTE

Yes dude thanks for the broken toe it's a nice shade of purple.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you want me to say? Not going to say I didn't mean to tackle you, but didn't mean to break your toe. You're probably just feeling bad about not marking me by the back post for my easiest goal in years, maybe since Yoda gift wrapped one for me down at MAP years back.

Oh snap. I'd almost forgotten about that one too, Yoda. Thanks brother.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey if it wasn't for guys like us, you wouldn't get any goals. We're better at setting you up than your own team!

It's not easy making you look good ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is toight at the top of Div 1 - is it just make up games left now?

How many teams go up from Div 1?

The Langley Derby should be pretty fun for both teams - I suggest Friday night at 7:00 - back to back games.
Wine, butter chicken and group hugs after?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is toight at the top of Div 1 - is it just make up games left now?

How many teams go up from Div 1?

The Langley Derby should be pretty fun for both teams - I suggest Friday night at 7:00 - back to back games.
Wine, butter chicken and group hugs after?

Yep, 7:00 is the majic hour for the Bar-B-Q. Wine, cheese, fine selection of brews, tenderloin, wings, two-pat man-hugs, italian sausages...No butter chicken, is it doesn't deep fry well.

Actually, fcuk it, we'd throw that in too.

The end of the season is shaping up very interestingly for M1. Our next four league games consist of PAFC, Ballsacks, Razorbacks, Ballsacks. All tough games, and of the four, could just as easily go 0-4 as 4-0, or even 0-0-4. Razorbacks being a bit of a wildcard...who knows what we're going to get, or where Sid's fingers will have been.

Looking like Poco has only Temple as a legit thread to take points, but Temple is deffinitely one of the best teams this season, and could very well take some points off Poco. Sunday night 8:00 at NAP could favor Temple.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched The Lords of Langley take 3 points off Poco; what a great match. Excellent goal keeping at both ends.
Masters 1 is a great league and I'm predicting that the top spot will come down to the Langley Derby on the last game of the season.
Poco to finish 3rd!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched The Lords of Langley take 3 points off Poco; what a great match. Excellent goal keeping at both ends.
The Lords Keeper was certainly man-of-the-match from our perspective. He made several saves, the most impressive was the point blank header he parried away in the first half. :mad::rolleyes:

Poco to finish 3rd!
With the Lords and Ballsacks taking points from each other twice, this statement is tough to fathom. I am still more nervous about Temple challenging for the league title as much as I am the Langley teams as their schedule appears a little less intense.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lords Keeper was certainly man-of-the-match from our perspective. He made several saves, the most impressive was the point blank header he parried away in the first half. :mad::rolleyes:

With the Lords and Ballsacks taking points from each other twice, this statement is tough to fathom. I am still more nervous about Temple challenging for the league title as much as I am the Langley teams as their schedule appears a little less intense.

No doubt, the math is not tough. Basically, one of the Langley team needs all 6 points from the other in order to get a shot at winning the division, and in our case win-out. Both teams are vastly improved this year in tallent and depth. The odds aren't with us in particular...but it sure as hell is going to be fun trying! :D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree with you guys....gonna be a interesting finish. It will most likely come down to the last game of the season the way things are playing out. The top teams in Div 1 masters have been impressive. I think whomever goes up will be able to hold their own. Cup should be a interesting test to see how we would all do.

As far as I know, two teams go up. Based on what I have seen, even sending three up would only strenghten the Premier division.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so much for us...we look to be light on bodies for this weekend, and should we make it past, deffinitely light for the Castrations. I know I'm out of town that weekend...as much as I'd love to play them this year.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So monkey are you saying Temples game against Poco will lack intensity and they should win that one easily. Just asking captain.

I think any teams going up will be in tough against the top premier teams without making additions. If Langley took their best players on one team they could make a very competitive premier team but dudes feelings might get hurt.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about competitiveness. The defenders in M1 are nowhere near as capable as in MP. They are much esier to attack, and they get ratled easily. This was evident in both our games this weekend. The fellow that started at right back on Saturday was in particular a bit of a spazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0