Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters, November & December 2008-2009 Results and Banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Masters, November 2008-2009 Results and Banter.

Hello Moneyman, I got the message that you passed on.

Sir M.

Cheers Sir M, I don't think Shane has toked on the TTP crack pipe yet. Well a new addict is created every day:D

$$$MAN

40+

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well The Geu Thunder/Rangers got the job done Hos. Game summary goes like this.
Geu was a team with a big wad of $100 dollar bills in a gentlemens club. You knew they were going to score, the only question was how many. :p

Anyhow after reading you game summary Hos it sounds like Rf was giving spare change on the back line:D

$$$MAN
Moneyman, the first goal was a PK (wrong call by a young eager reff in the first 5 min). One was a cracker which was struck perfectly(deserved). The rest were bad give aways (turning into breakaways). Our own fault. At least we didn't play against the 12th man like last week. The reff starts talking to keeper while your boy is striking the PK. Although the reff this week made that early error, I thought he called a good game. I know some are saying nasty things about PASC Rangers. I seem to recall a couple of teams that would get beat by the same scores when they first entered the league. I'm sure a few of our boys will realize that this isn't the league for them and the team will evolve.

Update- WR United comfortably beat Sikh 2-0 last night.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Moneyman, the first goal was a PK (wrong call by a young eager reff in the first 5 min). One was a cracker which was struck perfectly(deserved). The rest were bad give aways (turning into breakaways). Our own fault. At least we didn't play against the 12th man like last week. The reff starts talking to keeper while your boy is striking the PK. Although the reff this week made that early error, I thought he called a good game. I know some are saying nasty things about PASC Rangers. I seem to recall a couple of teams that would get beat by the same scores when they first entered the league. I'm sure a few of our boys will realize that this isn't the league for them and the team will evolve.

Update- WR United comfortably beat Sikh 2-0 last night.

Keep it up 40+ we have been on the other end of these scores.:) Sad part is wouldn't three or four of the guys playing every second game for 10 minutes on the Rangers or one of the other top teams make a difference on your squad. :confused:I can never figure it out. I'd rather drive the old Hemi Charger and be a player than ride on the bus and be a passenger at least you get to play and make a difference, but some people like to be seen on the shiny bus:cool:

$$$MAN

40+

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A few key guys would make a big difference. Several would be better. :rolleyes:Hopefully next year will have a different direction. :knvb:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division Masters A # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Delta Metro Utd 11 8 3 0 37 11 27
2 PAU White 12 8 2 2 44 10 26
3 Aldergrove Utd 12 7 4 1 41 14 25
4 SFC Rangers 12 7 2 3 46 12 23
5 Mission Blues 10 7 1 2 33 16 22
6 PAU Blue 12 5 3 4 30 16 18

Rangers travel to Mission on Friday night, they have two games in hand (one is an easier game vs. White Rock). Looks like it is must win time for the Rangers to keep pace in Masters Side A, top two teams head to the BC's, with the rest battling with Side B for the last spot from the Masters Cup.

Other Big Games, PAU Blue at Delta (Holy Turf) and Aldergrove at PAU White (S.Surrey Grass). I won't be surprised if all three games ended in draws, thats how tight it is.

hos

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont count out the blacks yet boys,we will see one of you in the masters cup final.And when we beat you,wich we will,we will still have pints with you after the match because this is what we do.Best team in the valley off the pitch and we are still working out some kinks on the pitch.That being said,we will see you lot back at the top next season. Rotten out!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You boys are A+ off the pitch, but Side B on. Good luck in the Cup, but there are going to be 11 other teams trying to win that Cup to get into the B.C.'s. Looks like the games will be on this weekend, any predictions?

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It Gets that Much Tighter

What a night for the visitors, the Mighty Rangers made the long trek to Mission, and came away with a 3-1 win, it was a hard battle with JB in the middle (a tough task tonight), but Andy, Wilkie, and Welshie (i love you curt) scored for the Rangers, before, Williams could get one back for Mission in the last minute of the match.
This night could not get any better, but it did, on the way home, the bat phone goes off from Delta, "we shitt the bed tonight Batman", "well you may have to sleep on the floor tonight Robin". Delta let PAU Blue take 3 points with a 1-0 win a Holy turf tonight, no one thought PAU Blue would be a factor in the second half, but they now have a draw with White and a win vs. Delta. Next week vs. the Rangers is HUGE.

I thought this split league thing was a bit of a joke, but come on, this is the tightest any FVSL Master League has been in years, no one can say who will be top two by the end of this?

hos

Come on You Mighty Rangers

40+

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rain held off. Great game last night between PA Rangers and Langley. 1-0 a the end of 1st half on give away. 3-0 final. We struggled to get cracks at their goal. The pops scored well though.:wa:

Pinturicchio

Dec 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, PAUBLUE, way to go.

I am no weatherman but it is raining so hard in God's country that you valley folk should go ahead and get into the "reserve" still, no need to drive from Alderbush to wrinkle rock on Sunday....
Call the cousins cuz we're drinkin tonite!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't have gone out with the Cuz, you tied PAU White.

New Standings

Division Masters A # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Delta Metro Utd 12 8 3 1 37 12 27
2 PAU White 13 8 3 2 45 11 27
3 SFC Rangers 13 8 2 3 49 13 26
4 Aldergrove Utd 13 7 5 1 42 15 26
5 Mission Blues 11 7 1 3 34 19 22
6 PAU Blue 13 6 3 4 31 16 21

If you include the one Mission game vs. White Rock (make-up), there is 2 points between first and 5th, with 6th place Giant Killer PAU Blue on a roll with a big win over Delta friday night.
Last weekend of 2008 is huge:

Game 15
SFC Rangers vs. PAU Blue Newton TURF #2 Fri 8:30pm
PAU White vs. Mission Blues Sth Surrey Ath #6 Sun 10am
Aldergrove Utd vs. Delta Metro Utd Sth Aldergrove Park Sun 10am

It is that close, who will be getting early x-mas presents or lumps of coal this weekend?

hos

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch for the 5 man defensive unit for PA Blue. They played well in their system and looked for that one chance to score which they did (nicely finished). Looked like the old Poco Raiders system from Div 1 a few years back. One guy might have spent more than a few seconds over the centre line once they scored. Very tough to break down and get clean shots on goal.

Any mistakes now will be costly for all teams. It is nice to have games every week with meaning.

HOS according to the weather reports there may be some games not played this weekend. Possible snow flurries Friday with -5 Temps for Sunday. Winter may be arriving.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at the NAP, there is the first and only Mighty Ranger Double Header on friday night, so Big Z's BBQs will be working overtime, both fields will be free of snow with that much heat coming from the grill.
Whats on the Menu Friday Night Z, those Moose Burgers a few weeks bach sure were good!

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats on the Menu Friday Night Z, those Moose Burgers a few weeks bach sure were good!
Helpful tip: Lay off the Moose burgers and you might not get chipped.

~Joe Deacon and the rest of the lower mainland.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is too funny, Slurrey United win a couple of games, get ranked higher than the Rangers, and Regs starts talking about chips and my mid section.

I couldn't find my Pegasus Addidas World Cups with Special Springs for the match. Deacon was some how sold out of them before our match, bastage.

"The rest of the lower mainland", that is low, but not low enough for me to save.

hos

90 MIN

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters B side saw GEU squeak a 1-0 win at home vs White Rock United. Goal came in the 2nd half off a header from a corner. As usual the game with the Mountain boys was a good un. WR dropped the points but could have pulled it out if their center back had not lost it with 10 min or so to go, to get sent off.

Was Moneyman in the lineup?

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters B side saw GEU squeak a 1-0 win at home vs White Rock United. Goal came in the 2nd half off a header from a corner. As usual the game with the Mountain boys was a good un. WR dropped the points but could have pulled it out if their center back had not lost it with 10 min or so to go, to get sent off.

90 minutes unfortunately i was not in the lineup i showed the Geu boys the $$$MAN magic at the team Christmas party the previous night. :D Brown guy was doing the $$$MAN/ Pacman thing making it rain money, but when that didn't work he just cheated, I'm good with that. As for your center back the reports i got were your player was a ticking time bomb. The exact quote was Riddilin for adults it's a good thing.;) Good game good things said about your team 90 min.

cheers

$$$MAN

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not sure your center back was the reason for the loss...although he didn't help! Not much threat from White Rock, although GEU was definitely the worse for wear after the Christmas party the previous night. GEU's strategy was not to puke on the field yesterday! Expect a better effort this week vs. Abby.

BTW 90 MIN - You'd have known if Moneyman was on the field as you would have heard him a mile away. His poor cousin, Loose Change, was on the field though...if not really playing much :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it is nice to see that this thread is at least somewhat staying on topic, compared to the VMSL Masters thread which seems to have lost focus.

I think Sir M may hang out on this thread for awhile, as the VMSL Masters and truth be told the Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings threads, thanks to the types of neophythes Fantabulous, Conductor, et al have harmfully influenced those threads to the extent that staff, including Sir M himself, will be taking a bit of a hiatus from this. The reason for this is Sir M is not inclined to entertain personal attacks for his dissemination of the rankings.

Fantabulous and Conductor, feel free to rank whomever you want, and feel free to do your own rankings, go ahead.

So, no rankings now from Sir M's shop.

Congrats.

I was going to post this on the Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings thread, but chose not to, as Sir M respects the participants on the FVSL Masters thread, and has difficulty in making that characterisation of several contributors to the former.

PAU Blue's result is THE topic of discussion currently, no?

Sir M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0