Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Div 1] 2013/14 Predictions, results & banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley FC 3 Coastal Legends 1

We took it and got out of Dodge early to enjoy our Sunday Thanksgiving dinners. :hungry:

Strong 1st half by the Legends but we held them off to turn our game around a bit in the 2nd and nick the points.
Caught them on some good counter attacks to get our 2nd and 3rd goals.

They're a good squad and a classy bunch of lads as well.
Very clean game and minimal amounts of bitching.

Fantastic weather down at SSAP yesterday too.

Cheers,
RF

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll start the week off with predictions...

Langley vs CFC.
Rangers win, no doubt, or a draw, but most likely a Rangers win
South Surrey 1-4 Poco
Never know though with the travel, could be an upset, but doubtful. Poco have been playing well.
Thunder 1-1 Legends
Neck and neck in the table with almost identical records. Nothing to separate them.
Abbotsford 2-2 Surrey
Expect another close game for this one
Rapids 3-1 Aldergrove
Too strong for Aldergrove on the plastic pitch.

Bank it

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thunder 2-0 win over the Legends - could have been 4 or 5 at half. Was comical watching a pushing match between two Coastal players on who was going to take a free kick and having the one player look at the ref like "are you going to card him or what?" Tonz of bitching between Coastal players all game which was unfortunate as they move the ball decent and could be an okay side if they could deal with the internal shite.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SSFC 0 - PoCo 0
This guy fell, that guy fell, many were fouled, some were sniped, some blood was spilled... and, it was a decent game. Both sides had chances, and the game was played at a relatively good pace. SSFC was a good side and played well.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 - Abby 0

Finally we are hitting our stride. Tough match against Langley next week.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
SSFC 0 - PoCo 0
This guy fell, that guy fell, many were fouled, some were sniped, some blood was spilled... and, it was a decent game. Both sides had chances, and the game was played at a relatively good pace. SSFC was a good side and played well.

The Ranger, yep blood spilled and plenty of aching limbs the day after I'm sure for both sides, you guys are much improved from last year and always a good group of guys.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah loves balls all around his face. He is strong at set pieces and we in Langley are curious if Gollum will be playing Sunday. KB's thunderous cough is a sound I sure miss. Mucho mucho!!!! Will there be any chow Sunday Utah?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know where to set my piece.
And it to will be up around your face.
As for food, I will start working on the menu tomorrow.

Beers back at our club house for sure.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard fought game today out in Surrey, the final 2-0 for SU over Langley. No numbers really hurt us today but prions to SU they played hard and deserved their win. Oh well onto next week maybe a few more of our boys will make it out.

soccerbuddy

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legends put all the internal bitching away today and came away with well played 4-2 win over the whack. Good game played by both teams.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No post from me for a while as we have had so many injuries I've have been embarrassed with the results...but its always good to beat Coastal even when the ref is trying to help them out toward the end...SSFC won comfortably and hope to have a few more guys available in a couple of weeks...bring on Coastal Rangers next week...any bets this time TI?

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only bet is that we should have more than the 11 we had when we played you last time. That is almost certain, but it's been the case too many times this season (this week case in point), so we'll see.
Just glad you're waiting a couple of weeks to bring more guys out! See you Saturday.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squeaked out a 2-nil win at Hammond yesterday.
Back to having some #'s out for us but it was a close one.
Thunder looked good and Mastermind was a force at CM and they had Kenny playing up front as opposed to the back who was a handful all day.

Great day for footy considering the rain on Saturday.

Can barely walk today though...
Management's where its at for me.

:blackeye:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at our division standings compared to the other two Masters divisions tells a lot at the bend half way through.

MP - Difference between 1st and 5th place ~ 15 points
M1 - Difference between 1st and 9th place ~ 9 points
M2 - Difference between 1st and 5th place ~ 10 points

I said at the start of the season to my guys that there would be no easy games this year and each weekend would be tough.
I appear to have been on the right track.
I know some games still in hand and such in all three divisions but the difference between the top and bottom teams in this division appears to no where near as wide in the other two.

Interesting to see what the 2nd half produces.

Well done lads,
RF

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a quick thankyou to the Surrey United player who gave me time off work this week with the hit in the back on a ball he had no chance at getting. I now have about 80% use of my left hand and 20% use of my right hand. MRI tommorrow ond hopefully it's just bruising around the spinal cord. After all what could go wrong with a cheap shot from behind.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The piss-takes going through my head right now using this material could have me post on a multitude of fronts, but I'll refrain. ;)

No laughing matter to you, I'm sure.

Get well soon bud,
RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0