Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] 2007-2008 December/January Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] 2007-2008 December Results and Banter

Come on you cheap Scotsman how about the transfer?

$$$MAN

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

RF,
My response was to you saying it is just masters fitba :rolleyes:
I also said I have no problem with what the Rangers do :rolleyes:
I guess what I am trying to say is if we want our league to be competitive, which I think we both do , then lets put a cap on how many players a team can sign. What would that number be ? Let's say 20 players for arguments sake ! well if we have 25 and you have 25 and say Parched Arse has 25 well then that would mean 15 players would be looking for a team . That would help the newer teams feild a more competitive team or it could be the start of a whole new team ( say the start of a division 2 ) . Now if a team has say 30 well 10 would need a team. The guys that are splitting time right now would probably be a big part of whatever new team they went too.
I know the other side of the argument is if all your team is happy what does it matter how many you have signed.
Well I guess this is where the good of the league would come in now wouldn't it.
Who would you cut would become the question ?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the answer to your problem is getting the weaker teams to CAT with a Metro Club who have teams in Premiere and Div 1. This will give them access to younger/better players and step up their position in your league. Over night, you will see some of these teams winning some top games. And, it will be a natural feeder system for those metro players as they age and decide to move on.

Restricting the number of players on a team won't solve anything. If you have 35 guys signed, obviously you are a true aging team (likely O45 or so on average, like our team) and suffer constant injuries, and therefore need the big bench. But, with that many players, there is no way you can get them all into a game. We have about 25 guys signed, but typically have 2-7 subs for a game. When it gets closer to 7 subs, people get a little itchy. Also, a team is a team. At this age, I am hoping that half the reason you are out here is the social side of it. If not, that is too bad.

But, back to what I think the answer to your problem is . . . CAT for the weaker teams.

Don't worry about it - thanks are not needed. I solve a lot of people's problems every day :D

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freddy,
First I will show my ignorance .. What exactly is CAT ? Also what do you mean by METRO team ? Do you mean a club system ? Also if our league only let's 2 U/35 players per team how many younger better players could they get ? As for the social side ...well I still like competeing and getting a good game in .. then the pints and social side kick in .
But Freddy thanks for that clear as mud solution of yours .
So you solve problems all day ? Hopefully you don't work a suicide hotline !!

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Phatso: That's a load of crap man.
Yes, we sign LOTS of players to make sure we compete.
It's the whole reason we merged with the Firefighters.
We had like 10, they had 10.
Neither of us would compete and would struggle for numbers each week.
And, yes, we want to win.
We don't neccesarily always sign great players.
I'm led to believe that a certain side from Langley has like 25 guys signed?
If a guy wants to play with us, and we have room at the time, why not sign him?
I won't apologize for that.

We have one policy and that's the guys that are on (at any given time) will play a tad more against the teams we're competing with near the top.
And, we check our ego at the door come Cup time.
I'll admit that's not like most Masters teams so yes, we are guilty of that and take it a bit more seriously than others.
Yes, I'll admit that most of the guys on my team want to play past February 28. :rolleyes:

And singling us out here is IMHO an insult to the rest of the league, including yourselves.
Have you seen our results?
They're not exactly blow outs and we've had to bust our balls to get where we're at this year.
Every fcuking week has been tough.
Especially after Winnipeg.
We fully expect a match a match this Friday for example mate.
FULLY.

We have one guy under 35 and it will not affect us come BCs.
A loss yes, but it won't affect us.
Just like losing Barry after Winnipeg has not affected us.
Do we want him back?
A resounding yes, but it's not the end of the world.

Over and out,
RF

Where do I sign up Rangerforever?

$$$MAN RANGERINTRAININGHOPEFULLYNOTFOREVER

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Phant. As for Metro - I am referring to whatever you call the open age leagues (18 years old and above - not Masters leagues).

I thought the CAT system was well understood, but I am on the VMSL side. Yes, this basically means Club, but I think you could "associate" yourselves with other teams without officially being in the same club. There are a few rules round it. In the VMSL, certain divisions allow CAT teams. I am not sure what the accronym stands for, but what it means is that players from teams in the CAT system can all play on each other's teams, so long as they bring their card along. There are restrictions to it and I do not claim to know them all, but here are a few:
> Your teams must all be in the CAT'ed system (or leagues)
> In the case of O'35, players must be 35 years or older, but you can have 2 or 3 players 32-35 (I can't remember if it is 2 or 3). I am not a fan of this underage rule, but it would certainly help out your weaker teams during the season.
> You can only play Cup games for the team you are specifically signed for, so no team hopping at that point.

There are some other rules, but those are the important ones. In the end, it allows teams to take advantage of a much larger player roster during the season, and hopefully a more talented ones, bringing up your competitivness.

In the case of our squad, we have about 4 teams we can potentially pull players from. We rarely do because we are a pretty big squad and do quite well on our own. But, we can potentially pull from our Masters B team (Div 2), Masters Div 1 team, Metro Premiere team, and Metro Div 1 team. And likewise, they can pull from our team as needed. For us, in case of a ton of injuries, sickness or mass vacation, this really makes a difference.

Is that a bit more clear?

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on Freddy admit you want to play in the FVSL we have the best posters. The VMSL is boring blah blah blah, even Taxman has to come over to this side and talk trash. My theory is that the FVSL has a greater wealth of intelligence than the VMSL. Higher paying jobs means more time to post not slugging it out in the cold laying blocks for a living. How many Wops pack a Laptop in there lunchbox?

$$$MAN

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers Freddy :D
Ya that explains it alot better .

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on Freddy admit you want to play in the FVSL we have the best posters. The VMSL is boring blah blah blah, even Taxman has to come over to this side and talk trash. My theory is that the FVSL has a greater wealth of intelligence than the VMSL. Higher paying jobs means more time to post not slugging it out in the cold laying blocks for a living. How many Wops pack a Laptop in there lunchbox?

$$

$Man - yes, I would like to play out in the FVSL as I basically live here, but I can't stand the thought of everyone on the team having a mullet and goatee. I think it impacts the ability to head a ball. And after the game, there has to be a lot of uncomfortable moments in the showers. :eek: I think I will stay on the ignorant side of things for now:bronco:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought the CAT system was well understood, but I am on the VMSL side. Yes, this basically means Club, but I think you could "associate" yourselves with other teams without officially being in the same club. There are a few rules round it. In the VMSL, certain divisions allow CAT teams. I am not sure what the accronym stands for,

Club Affiliated Team is what i believe it is.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

And there you have it. nice tits, Blaze!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers.

I like the bouncing ones on my avatar better.

:D

Manboobsareus

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I understand the concept of making the league stronger by putting a cap on how many players you can sign,it might make the league stronger if players were forced to join another club.Lets face the facts,the good players in this league could probably play for whoever they choose,that being said ,if a player chooses to play for a club knowing that he might be a benchwarmer on a top club,but a starter on any other club,that is a personal choice.Soccer players have big egos.Some players in this league have been around a very long time,they have already proven what they can do on the pitch for a very long time.The rangers do what they do because thay still care about the results at the end of the day,this is not a bad thing.Most of the players in this league r really out there for the social atmosphere.I know I am,nothing to prove anymore!I like to win,dont get me wrong,but I dont lose sleep over a loss ,to a good team,or,a shitty team.I enjoy the pints and the commradery after the game regardless.If people still want to complain about whos stacked and who isnt,maybe its time to take up another sport or hobbie.Its just a game.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well said Gameboy.

Wait...did I just say that?;)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know I am,nothing to prove anymore!I like to win,dont get me wrong,but I dont lose sleep over a loss ,to a good team,or,a shitty team.I enjoy the pints and the commradery after the game regardless.

Thank god for B-Type personalities like you. The world needs you. that said, despite having a vasectomy last year, the testosterone still runs deep through my veins. I really like winning - much more than losing.:bronco::knvb: Yes, I also like having the beer afterwards, but I have never tasted a losing beer who tasted as sweet as a winning one.:wa:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well stated Freddy....the beer after winning always goes down quicker and tastes way better!!:D

Nice "juggling" act Blaze!!:bronco:

Cheers!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Suddenly, I am not as bored...

Have to say, nothing goes down better than a cold beer after a hard fought tie.

Cheers!

PS playing with fire on the Wops/laptop comment -- do you really want Hose and SCK over here posting? Playing with an Italian club, I know they will be like a dog with a bone once they get started... soon you will be bored too...

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

$$

Great discussion thread Phat ... $Man how's about a merger with us - you buy the beer and wings after each game. Get us a field to play on every Friday night and a chopper to fly us in and a few players. I am sure I can find a tax effective way to make it work ;) We can take your team's spot in the FVSL and walk right into the BCs with no injuries after playing easier teams throughout the year. Shuey, Andy, and Barry would walk over right away from what I hear, possibly even RF (every team needs a mascot). I think the FVSL Masters should get together and start with second captain first pick .... but then RF may end up in tears. A cap on players would make it more interesting - I am sure a Rangers practice is more competitive than half of their games. As for working in the cold $man - it was a little chilly when I left my corner office for Starbucks .....

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

$man - I almost forgot - we will need cheerleaders as well ........... check with Blaze - he has a line on a few based on the avatar

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wops with laptops?? Guess you haven't been by the construction site lately...Lots of them especially if you are a Bosa builder. BTW: the Rangers/FF combo. Now that would be interesting. Throw in the Irish and they would compete with ALL of the Italians. Now, that would make for one hell of a match! Colemanj, not sure where he would play though...There is always a need for a water boy or two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0