Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] September Schedule and Results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed Murray and Aves got Five and Seven games each?

Ouch.....................

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, we played Vancouver Firemen from the Vancouver Metro League last night. (Young guys that is)

2-2 was the final in a very spirited afair.

We were up 2 - 0 late in the second half but lost out to a tie in the last two minutes. :(

This was a good tune up for the season as we finally played a very solid team game and did not give up nearly as many chances.

It was fun to play against the young guys and man are they fast....

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch!!! 5 & 7 respectively? That must have been some tackle Aves.
Don't sweat the showers, you won't be needing one. :D

Although ScUm won't have Muz I'm sure they'll be a handful.
I think the last time they came out for a FridayNightSpecialthey had their tails up and thumped us 7-0. Not that we played that badly, the goals were bloody brilliant. We had the biggest Cuthbert in net for the night but AllBlacks have acquired two very good keepers as well as 2LF for the new season. I'm not going to make any predictions on this one, if we can field the Springett-Baarts connection up front we'll cause ScUM all sorts of problems.

Bring on the lights, the action, the FridayNightSpecial is on!
Who knows, we might even see the Haka preformed by the one and only 5BIGTOES. :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB said:
Who knows, we might even see the Haka preformed by the one and only 5BIGTOES. :knvb:
Beware, 5BToes was on fire last week in the North American Police Championships. He got some minutes up front with Villars from Surrey Utd (A), and promptly feasted on the space created by the young(er) striker and potted 4 goals :eek: in like 40 minutes of plauing time in the semi-final against New Jersey to help the Vancouver PD team to the championship...I guess the big guy just needed a decent coach. :p

There were a few other FVSL old guys on the side, including (actually now retired I believe) Behemoth, who had a very influencal tournament in central defence.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you consider we only play 14 games in this bloody league, a half-season suspension is a fcuking joke.

:rolleyes:

Coach said:
I noticed Murray and Aves got Five and Seven games each?

Ouch.....................

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB said:
Ouch!!! 5 & 7 respectively? That must have been some tackle Aves.
Don't sweat the showers, you won't be needing one. :D

:

Good one...5 games for me...seems harsh...thought it would be a couple of games or so. I banged him pretty good but on the shin pad and he wasn't hurt. It looked worse than it was but the report said vicious tackle and they squeezed intent out of me, which I admitted. My defense was many players go into a tackle with the intent to make contact with the player as well as the ball...this is not a particularly heinous thought pattern. They said 3 games min. is the standard for any violent conduct and they're trying to send a strong message so there you have it.
I'll take my lumps and move on...it was a dumb tackle which I regret...lesson learned for all you out there.

See you in a month.
anybody up for some volleyball?

Aves "Sid" Vicious

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thirty-six fcuking years old. I can't believe I hadn't figured it out before!

Thanks for the message FVSL!

Kicking other players is bad. You should be ashamed Aves.

:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suspensions

Aves:
I hate to bereak it to you man, but I think you may have got the seven matches?
The way I read it is Murray got the five.

Ouch lads is right.

Good to hear about 5BTs and his nack around the net.

On to PAU tonight and yes, Behemoth told us at the Nations Cup he was hanging them up.
I couldn't see it but after Sir M's post maybe it's true.

Will we see the big man tonight or not?

Match report at 11. :cool:

Come on AllBlacks :p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers - 5 P A U - 1

A very enjoyable friday night atmosphere out at the old Newton stomping grounds.

I really feel our game against Firemen Weds night made us alot sharper tonight.

Barry was a man on a mission and was not going to be denied by anyone tonight!

P A U played a good first half and pressured us very well at times, but early in the second half the Boys seemed to be getting tired and we started to score.

A very classy bunch as usaual and to fair, I really think they were missing some bodies tonight.

Ranger Forever played a very good 40 minutes tonight and his knee injury is a thing of the past.

On to GEU next week and the Western Canadians in two weeks time.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 2
Allblacks 0

Zeros at the half, we slotted 2 early in the second, game over. Officiating was, erm, interesting... at least that's what the All Blacks were telling me :D

Yes, I'm fully aware I'm only singing when we're singing.

:D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2 AllBlacks 0
SU once again showed great class tonight with lots of flare and some very nice football. Nil-nil at the half and then two goals in the space of ten minutes was the difference. AllBlacks did threaten SU for a ten minute spell at the end of the first but SU made some changes and ran rampant throughout the second half. Spiro and Kelly Bay did very well and the Kiwi showed great skill throughout.
All in all a very enjoyable game..........apart from losing.

Having said that; I have to take issue with that wet blouse Angela between the pipes. AllBlacks free kick on the 18, I stand in front of Angela and next thing I know she's flopping around on the ground. The Ref falls for the dive and SU get a free kick. I know it was a dive because she tried to apologize for the dive after the game. Sorry Angela, not acceptable, diving is cheating. I've never done it and never will. Bastard! :mad:

So go ahead and defend her all you want SU, I'm not bitter over the loss, you deserved to win. She doesn't need to cheat to win.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB said:
Having said that; I have to take issue with that wet blouse Angela between the pipes. AllBlacks free kick on the 18, I stand in front of Angela and next thing I know she's flopping around on the ground. The Ref falls for the dive and SU get a free kick. I know it was a dive because she tried to apologize for the dive after the game. Sorry Angela, not acceptable, diving is cheating. I've never done it and never will. Bastard! :mad:

too bad about your frustrating night of losses and fish flopping maneuvers by female bastard keepers...your spirits, i'm sure have been liftd, oh about 10 minutes ago and Paul Scholes is probably your hero this morning...or is it Pederson? From depression to cartwheels.... ;)

manager

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach a good analyasis of the game , we were definately short of horses tonight but no excuse you fellows played some wonderful football at times and we could'nt keep up to the pace.Anyway onwards and upwards.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 4 Delta 1. Good showing for sapperton tonight, four different goal scorers, and a bench the size of Bully boys head.Delta never stopped working even though it could have been 8 or 9 goals for us, there goalie made some very good saves to keep the score lower than it could have been.Delt never bitched or whined at anybody out there, they showed a lot of class by not getting dirty in the tackles when they easily could have.They have a big man up front that showed tons of skill for a guy that stands 6'4 240lbs.The first 15 minutes the 2 guys they had up front were dangerous and I thought our team was in for a battle,when out of the woodwork steps the best centre back in the league to calm the seas and show our boys that everything is going to be allright.Great atmosphere, great bevvies, great night!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
SU 2
Allblacks 0

Zeros at the half, we slotted 2 early in the second, game over. Officiating was, erm, interesting... at least that's what the All Blacks were telling me :D

Yes, I'm fully aware I'm only singing when we're singing.

:D
I thought the referee was pretty good except for a few missed calls. A lot of credit to All Blacks who never really complained about a couple of calls that went the wrong way. This comment from the referee kind of bugged me. "If it was your corner, you would have run to get the ball in play right away instead of turning away." Well, I wasn't going to take the corner, and we're up 2-0 so I wasn't exactly in a big hurry. I nicely told him that his rationale was incorrect and he apologized.:confused: Damn, he diffused the situation instead of making it worse. So on we play. It really is that simple. It was for this referee.

We did play some decent soccer for the most part, but Bully B is correct when he said they enjoyed some good pressure at the end of the first half when the score was still 0-0. I was half-expecting the All Blacks to sneak in one of their patented 30 yard strikes to take the lead but we didn't allow that to happen. It appears only Aldergrove can do that to us.

Another pleasant game if we are allowed to use that term on here.:)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballsy,
You hit the nail on the head with the officiating, a nice enough bloke but some very peculiar calls. I had to laugh at the mid-air collision between Kiwi & myself. We both went for the ball; no intent either way and I ended up with a lump the size of a golf ball on my head.
Kiwi being the gent that he is asked me if I was ok and the Ref awards SU the free kick. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I enjoyed the evening for the most part, it's going to be a long season if I have to run for 90 minutes every week........Perhaps Kiwi could come over to the dark side and teach us the Haka!

Manager,
After Hughes dropped Tugay and went to 4-5-1; I had to leave the room. Blackburn was wasting time with 40 minutes to play and then poor Scholes (One of my all time favorites) gifts Savage the ball.......... Unbelievable. I should be crowing about it but some things just aren't right.
Football is a cruel, cruel game. Just lookat PAU. ;)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 2, Aldergrove 1.

That is not a typo.

And to make matters worse, GEU was full value for the win. We finally managed to get a full lineup out and outworked Aldergrove, yes, outworked Aldergrove, throughout much of the game.

The first half was even with both teams getting a handful of chances and it was scoreless.

Aldergrove made some adjustments at the half and took it to us for the first 10 minutes. They were awarded a penalty (deserved) at that point. Our goalkeeper made an unbelievable save. The rebound squirted to the right of the goal and rolled outside of the six yard box. An Aldergrove player came and got the ball and had his back to our goal when he was clobbered from behind. Second PK. Again, deserved. This time, there was no mistake. 1-0. That's five PK's GEU has given up in three games. :confused: Yeesh.

TSN turning point - Lorenzo left the game with a groin injury shortly afterwards. GEU took over the game and outworked Aldergrove all over the field. Aldergrove never got another sniff and GEU scored two great goals. We could have had more if it wasn't for some stellar goalkeeping.

I must give kudos the the man in the middle today. Best I've seen this season, except for the time our goalkeeper picked up the ball about twenty-five yards out, which was missed. Oh well.... ;)

Monkey

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monkey Man - That is well done.

And you too Gameboy.

Both big results for your respective teams.

Actually those results could be big for other teams in the league also.
Because with Aldergrove and Delta losses...add the PAU loss into the mix...let me do the math...and...

:bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0