Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] November Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters 2005] October Banter and Results

Well bully, whats the game plan this week?Would you like to borrow some sapperton jerseys to bring your side a bit of luck?Everyone should be happy to find out that sapperton has a game ball now, so all the soccer balls that we have accumulated over the past 6 weeks from all the teams out there(excluding rumprangers because they caught us in the act) we will return them to their rightful owners.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this weekend:

Delta vs PAU
LUFC All Blacks vs FireRangers
Sapperton vs Aldergrove
Slurrey vs GEU

~Regswholikeshomefieldadvantage.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like your attitude Regs.
AllBlacks over Rangers? We're bound to get a bounce sooner or later.
I'm going to take Aldergrove over Sapp but Crafty will fall to Popbitch and Co. Sorry mate. ;) The Fleetwood Flyer should trump this encounter. ScUm over GEU, unless pigs fly.
Nice to see you're enjoying the role of pirate Waterboy.
Its always fun to stir it up.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just walked the field at LSS and the sometimes flooded turf is bone dry!

It's pretty hard to stand water when the wind is blowing 60 miles per hour down at the Airport. :rolleyes:

Sooooooooooooo this means that our game against the Allblacks is Game On! 8:30 pm kickoff tonight.

See ya tonight boys.

that wind is nasty...........

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 4 PAU 1

Great performance from Delta tonight, and we are out of our losing streak. It's been a tough month, with losses to Scum, Rangers twice and PAU, but tonight was a great team performance.

Dolie with two, one from Big Al and a great finish on an own goal for the first. Good match by Mike Hill in the middle too. Good job by Crafty again, marshalling the defence nicely. On to Ballsacks next week.

Daz

p.s. Thoroughly enjoyed the battle with Number 16 in the middle of the park. Good lad with a great attitude. ;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Rangers 3 On time AllBlacks 1
No comment, :rolleyes:

Up yer kilt Coach! AllBlacks tried to accommodate all those Rangers that drove all the way from the Grove by asking that we start 30 minutes earlier. It didn't work out so back up with the attitude Coach.

As for the game; Rangers dominated throughout. Too big, too fast, too good for us. There's no hope in competing in this league when 12 of your 21 show up. Down to 11 after 20 and down to 10 with 20 to go. Whatever! The boys enjoyed some beerz and pizza after the match, had a few larphs and that will just have to do. :rolleyes:
Cuthbert summed it up for me in the wee hours "We're just a bunch o'plumbers", no offence to plumbers.

One redeeming factor this foggy morning, Blackburn 4 Charlton 1.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to agree with BullyB take on the whole subject. Rangers are a far superior team at this point in the season. I must admit though it is frustrating when you can not get the full squad out for a Friday night special. :( It's damn hard enough to play against Rangers with a full squad let alone 10 men.

Thanks to BullyB, 2lefttesticlesforfeet and the MadIndianDog for continuing to keep this team in good spirits and running everything from admin, to fields and those all important beers...What a nightmare it must be running an over35 team that let's you down last minute week in and week out.... :mad:

Well done Rangers! :)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the All Blacks played pretty well last night and we were fortunate that they ran out of Gas!

The bench did not help you boys at all last night but all your players battled hard and the game could have gone either way up until the last twenty minutes.

Thanks again for the changerooms and a shower.

Anyways it is always a good time out there with your crew.

Good luck the rest of the way through.

Oh yeah, Gabbys was as good as it always is. :D

Come on G E U. Shock the world baby !

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that gabbys is a queer bar, yet you fellahs just cant seem to get enough of that place, go figure.Unlucky on the numbers game bully, hope you guys get that sorted out.Off to alderbush this morning, later.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballsy or Regs ?

The website said your game and the Sapperton game was postponed?

Did you boys play because Gameboy says he is on his way to Aldergrove? :confused:

Trying to figure out if the website is correct or what?

Thanks.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always nice to get out for Friday Nite, even one One Leg... :p

With a little luck and our Hard Hats on we had them 1-1 with 20 to go and we go down to 10 men...very frustrating...I firmly believe with a full squad we could have nicked a point from the Mighty Rangers...Its a shame because you don't get many , if any ,chances to get points out of those boys...

Cudos the the AllBlacks that DID show and fought hard the whole time...

On to Delta next week to take out our frustrations...NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Bollix, we're last... :knvb: :wa: :bronco:
If you support Blackburn you're whole life you learn to deal with it.

In Brian's immortal words;
"Always look on the bright si-ide of life, tee-dum, etc, etc."
And the ever optimistic Toes sed "One win and we'll be 4th."

Not sure which game you watched OnePegLeft but I think we'd need more than a bit of luck to nick a point off Rangers. Which begs the question; "Do all those good players sitting on their bench just need a rest or does their ego keep them there, on the bench, not playing, watching?" :D

Anyhow, I'm claiming the goal. That’s 4-1 Springer! :cool:

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which begs the question, " Do all those plumbers, playing on the field just need a rest or does their ego keep them there, on the field not playing, watching?"..........................................

Have a nice Day, No reply neccessary Mr Bully. :eek:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point Futbol! Nicely worded reply.

Perhaps the obvious gap between the two Surrey teams and the rest of us muckers, yes that includes you Sapperton, will only lead to the inevitable downfall of the FVSL Masters. Sure it’s great to have the Western Canadian Champs in our league and it’s an honour to play them but being canon fodder for this juggernaut of a team will only lead to the fall of some teams or the demise of the league. Wouldn't it have been nice if we had a 10 team league with Rangers, Firemen and Sundowners?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully?

We had 9 players that were eligable for over 35's.
The rest of our Rangers are still playing down there in Div 1

The Firemen had players that were going back to Vancouver to play.
(In other words, they had about 8 players left)

Take the 9 of our guys and 8 of there players and you have a team.

Sure it would have been nice to have our whole Ranger team move up, but that just wasn't possible.

The Firemen were also our over 35's team at Surrey F.C while we were playing for the Rangers in Div 1.
My point being is we did not merge two clubs together, we simply moved up to over 35's staying with in our Club System.

I am sure that you have players within the Langley Club that will soon be ready for over 35's and will be joining your team?

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I, unlike you other fellas, think the Valley Masters isn't in all that bad of shape...granted 8 teams is not ideal but every year their will be people moving up in age and out to the BURBS so I cannot see any problem in this regard, for a long period. Not everyone will be able to, or want to, play for the Rangers or ScUm and many may want the challenge of building another team that can knock them off one day. Guys will change teams etc etc. The bottom line is that its a numbers game...Population goes up more teams are added...there may be a low cycle right now but that will change sooner or later.

Nice to see a post by soemone OTHER than the usuals futbol....BTW..the plumbers playing @ the Oval are there for obvious reasons...for when the field floods...we just haven't quite firgured out how to fix it yet.. :p ...and ONE DAY, I repeat, ONE DAY, it will be raining for 2 weeks straight, the field WILL NOT flood and the AllBlacks will BEAT the Rangers.. :D ...and I will be there to see it... :wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate getting into stuff like this but...

Coach:
Actually when we knew we didn't have enough numbers we thought we would approach Sundowners first as they were also in the club but we found out they were already going to merge with Peace Arch?
The Firemen debate is true - They were skint too.
We could have gone one more year in Division 1, the Firemen could have been toast and also the Sundowners.
The league could have been even more slight.

Bully:
Honestly man, I find it piss poor for you to come on here and have a go at us and SU.
Did you actually see how many guys we had on the bench Friday?
I believe we had three subs.
Our philosophy has always been to carry a lot of guys because as we age the old bodies can't keep up and our committment level drops because of family and career.
Yes, we are guilty of that, signing a lot of guys.
But I make no apologies that my mates are not bad soccer players.
And when we have our full arsenal out, yeah, we can be deep on the sidelines.
I enjoy playing with likes of Neil Wilkinson and Todd Bailey who I've known since I've been a kid, but never really got to play with a lot.
Did I like the like the fact that Pistol Pete Hjorth went to SU?
No, but he has a huge SU tattoo on his arse and is buddies with those guys.
Where the fcuk else was he supposed to go?
He was done in Premier.
Just retire?

Do we take it too seriously?
Perhaps.
Christ the length of my post proves I take it way too seriously...

I can't believe it when some people like yourself say the league will
suffer as a result.
Maybe you take it too seriously then.
Aves told me once 'it's all about the pints afterwards isn't it?'
I thought you shared the same mentality.

Sorry for the rant lads,

RF

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take a deep breath Ranger!
My comments regarding Rangers and SU didn't criticized the size of your squad or the depth of your squad. My remarks only highlight the lack of depth throughout the remaining teams in the league. We have 21 signed but play with one or two subs consistently. The frustrating fact for us is that we are living in the shadow of the Golden Oly's. Here was a club that was very tight and any growth in their over 35 group wasn't necessarily welcome. Thus we have loads of Langley boys playing out of town. Surrey football is a well oiled machine while Langley has been plagued with growing pains for years. Just look at the youth movement.

As for taking it too seriously, absolutely! Footy is an all consuming love affair. I'm enjoying my footy and pints. However, I don't see myself carrying the burden of managing a team in Langley any longer.
Nuff Sed, if someone steps up and takes over we may survive, otherwise, adios amigos.
Sorry to be so dismal Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0