Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU vs DFC Coachmen in the final....

It'll be a tough one for DFC Celtic.... You always want a team from your group to win, but your heart always wants your Club to win.... I'll take the DFC Coachmen JTL with a Golden goal....

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday was a close, hard fought battle between the Titans an Aldergrove. Most of the game was not pretty or free-flowing. It was more a defensive battle with some physical play as neither team gave an inch. There was some pretty plays though, including their goal and our second goal, as Bluenose described. They also rang one of the post with 15 to go. Got to hand it to my team, the boys never quit, never gave an inch, and battled the whole way and the victory was truly earned.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
DMU vs DFC Coachmen in the final....

It'll be a tough one for DFC Celtic.... You always want a team from your group to win, but your heart always wants your Club to win.... I'll take the DFC Coachmen JTL with a Golden goal....

That is very generous Guru. We have card trouble again and I took a red card in the last game along with our starting center midfielder, so we are missing our two top goal scorers along with two other starting midfielders. We won't go far with the condition our team is in. It is a dreadful scenario.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow JTL. I know you want to add the prestigious Knight's Cup to the many trophies and hardware you guys won up on the hill, but man, dreadful?

Somebody go to JTL house, and get a suicide watch rotation going.

Did I say I was impressed w/ the Titans yet? Let's be honest, this is an unspectacular team. Not flashy, no youth stars (a la Gunners), and no washed up old Premier geezers (LUFC "A", Celtic), but they went and knocked off the seemingly unbeatable Aldergrove Undivided team. But, they are very tight defensively, and I do remember their keeper being sharp. We managed to score a lot of goals this year, and play most games in a nice comfort zone, but this Titans team held us scoreless for 180+ minutes (only in injury time in the second match did we finally get one). I recall at the beginning of the season, these guys were talking about challenging for the table. Well, perhaps their lack of firepower up front cost them that, but you know, they've refocused for the "next best prize" better than any other squad. These guys are also humble, and a genuinely good group- reflected in the posts of Bluenose and Little Keeper. Get yourselves to the finals boys, and you'll certainly have a large cheering section from LUFC out there to support.

Now, the other Aldergrove squad still in the mix could cause problems as well. They, for lack of a better word, are "plucky". Like all Aldergrove teams, they are big. Not "big", like the Tigers, but big, as in big farm kid. They just grow them bigger the further East you go in the valley. They tend to have lapses in focus that allow teams to take advantage, but then they seem to regroup as well as anyone. They tackle hard (we hated both matches against them), run hard, and can cause havoc in the box. Again, not a lot of pure skill, but they have Sean (tall guy, perma bed head mangy hair), who typically plays as a striking winger. Great on set pieces, very accurate, deceiving dead ball shot. They have Jarred on the back line, who can bring the ball out of the back, and join the attack as well as anyone. Not an intimidating presence, but very, very smart. Cantuzzi, he's one of those big farm kids who's just plain a handful to deal with, and when you combine that with some of the nice balls Sean can send in from outside, you're bound to score some.

I pick Aldergrove to advance past the Couchmen ;) , especially if they don't have to worry about keeping an eye and a body on JTL up front.

On the other side, I know of Trinity, and WR. Shocked WR has advanced, but hey, maybe they caught a bit of fire. Soft draw, but they did have to get past LUFC Dynamo, who are tough when they are on their game. I don't think they will be able to deal w/ the pace and technical game Trinity will bring to the table.

As for Poco and DMU...as far as I know, which is nothing of these teams, flip a coin.

Semis:
Titans vs. Aldergrove
Trinity vs. Coin toss

In closing, I wonder why we haven't read anything from the TSU Royals? What was your excuse this week, boys? Softball season starting, and you guys didn't want to risk injury? Looking forward to it... :rolleyes:

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey dude, thanks very much, man. i'm sure the boys will be happy to hear that when i pass it on. it's been a tough draw and honestly, we're quite surprised to be the ones still standing. we've had a lot of luck with guys returning from injury that we've missed all year and having to miss games due to work and school, plus our starting centre mid is now able to make it back from victoria for every game. and most importantly, our role players have really stepped up and been our top performers recently and its been quite nice to see. good luck to all teams remaining in cup and to those battling for promotion!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
That is very generous Guru. We have card trouble again and I took a red card in the last game along with our starting center midfielder, so we are missing our two top goal scorers along with two other starting midfielders. We won't go far with the condition our team is in. It is a dreadful scenario.

JTL

Can I retract my prediction now :confused: .... I didn't realize JTL was out due to his typical stupidity of taking cards at crucial times AGAIN!!! I'll take the first suicide watch at his place..... although it may turn out to be a murder watch by some of the other Couchmen!

DMU will win the cup ...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Whiterock have stared on a roll and are better then there record from the season indecates, as far as Trinity goes, you shut down the tall Blonde lad (with the horrible hair cut) in the center of the mid feild and they can be beat, they have one defender who's not bad and a fast little striker who can put the ball in the back of the net, but they aren't a big side and don't play tough, if whiterock knock them around a bit they could win, remember Whiterock drew the Mighty Gunners earlier and I think they have been on a nice roll since that draw (a win for WR in my mind)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Can I retract my prediction now :confused: .... I didn't realize JTL was out due to his typical stupidity of taking cards at crucial times AGAIN!!! I'll take the first suicide watch at his place..... although it may turn out to be a murder watch by some of the other Couchmen!

DMU will win the cup ...

Guru that is really not very nice. You should support teams in your own club no matter what. I am surprised you don't have more love for us.

JTL

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
remember Whiterock drew the Mighty Gunners earlier

hes talking about during the season. The squad WR has right now (judging from when they beat the titans) is ridiculously underrated. It wouldnt surprise me if they won the cup.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Aldergrove Undevided knocked off the Gunners, not WR.

Yeah I know that, I was talking about the during the league, they turned it around since that game in my mind, keep up the good work WR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overrated. I think we beat them by a combined score of 11-2. Not good going forward, terrible in the back, midfield w/ no creativity.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right on all 3 counts Dude...we suck :eek:

But we have changed some things since we played you guys, like actually playing with more than 2 guys in defence....coach went to the Kevin Keegan school of coaching for the first half of the season, but since realised you have to stop conceding to win games.

Our record in recent weeks has been pretty decent, except for the humping from N.Coq. As you said we did put out Dynamo who are a pretty decent side.

Game versus TWU will be interesting, by all accounts it appears we're the 100-1 outsiders - since we'll be missing a couple of starters maybe it should be 150-1....we'll see.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kop,

If one goes by the theory that the best team in 3rd will only be as good as the worst team in 2nd, you stand a chance. But, from what I saw the two times we played you, you'll have had to have changed a lot.

Good luck; prove me wrong.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One problem. Referee red carded our sweeper and our goalie. So we have to put a handicapped fella in net for next week. That should even things out. Now we have 4 starters out for next week and our goalie is going to Cuba with his Imodium.

JTL

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU has a history of going on strong, deep runs in Cup play...it wouldn't suprise me in the least if they make it to the final. Even though I have not seen them play this season, I don't think that they can beat either DMU or the Titans et al.

~Shaven

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
WRU has a history of going on strong, deep runs in Cup play...it wouldn't suprise me in the least if they make it to the final. Even though I have not seen them play this season, I don't think that they can beat either DMU or the Titans et al.

~Shaven

Shavon

WRU won't have to worry about beating the Titans et al.

JTL

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it seems no matter how many players are out for you guys, you still seem to pull out a victory with ease. aldergrove is a solid team and that result proves how good you guys are. we were unable to beat them in our two games against them and were quite fortunate with the draws we ended up with. we will have to really raise our game to play with you guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0