Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy JTL, with 4 suspended and 2 on vacation we need all the legs we can get. I might even throw a boot on my third one.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Nutter,

Keep your head up on Sunday. I might go through you in the warm up.

JTL

I've seen your warm up.... three shanked shots into the bush, and a two toe touchies to strap up the velcro on your boots.... :rolleyes:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titans are a hard working team with lots of young bodies. I felt that we outplayed them in the first half but ran out of gas in the second half with four starters missing due to red cards. Both of their goals were due to goalkeeper error. We had to sign a guy who hadn't played for 20 years because one guy went to Cuba, another had a red card and another tore his bicipital tendon earlier in the season. No excuses, we have nobody to blame but ourselves and best of luck to the Titans. When we left the field it was Delta Metro 3, Trinity 2. I think it will be a close match in the final as both Delta Metro and Titans are similar in that they don't have any superstars but are young and work hard and make lots of substitutes.

I will say that that was one of the best referees we had all year. He kept the game tight but didn't call silly fouls. I mentioned that to Dennis Mortenson after the game and he strongly disagreed. I thought that was strange.

Best of luck to all teams left. Signing out for until next season.

JTL

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
I will say that that was one of the best referees we had all year. He kept the game tight but didn't call silly fouls. I mentioned that to Dennis Mortenson after the game and he strongly disagreed. I thought that was strange.

If you've ever seen Dennis reff a game then You'd understand:rolleyes: :eek:

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the game against dfc was a hard fought contest and could have easily gone either way. they scored first off a narrow angle that i know littlekeeper wishes he could have back. we responded quickly with a goal off a free kick that their goalie was beaten to and watched the ball go into the net. the second i cant clearly remember but i think our guy chipped the keeper. after that, we sat back and didn't let them get too many shots. on to the finals

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Titans, on returning to the finals.

Gotta say, the past two weeks of results in this Cup and the promotion playoff have done nothing to settle the debate, "Which is the strongest group in 2?"

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Congrats Titans, on returning to the finals.

Gotta say, the past two weeks of results in this Cup and the promotion playoff have done nothing to settle the debate, "Which is the strongest group in 2?"

Div.2 sucks debate settled

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
sounds like bulljive's still a little miffed over not winning the cup

I'll take winning the games that matter, league games and never having to play in div 2 again. I'll also take the 2 league wins and provinical win overyou guys and the fact that in 4 games you never had a lead on us. and yes I'm bitter very very bitter. good luck this weekend you fukcing titans and all your cups

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Delta Metro which I predicted to get here, to win by 2....come on Ronaldo!

Same as I predicted... However I also said DFC Coach, but with 4 starters out, including the Goalie, it was a toughie... although they did come close...

DMU will beat ND Titans. Good luck to both though....

Div 2 may suck, but Div one sucks as well.... who the hell are you kidding HandJive, no matter what Div you play in here, there's always one higher and better telling you that the lower div sucks... put it bluntly, we all play for fun, and no one here is a world class player.... so enough with the "div 2 sucks" .. I've played every level, and they all suck, there's always a step up from where you are....

...and by the way, you suck as well!!! :D :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude "Which is the strongest group in 2?"[/QUOTE said:
Well DFC CELTIC got out of 2c and into the promotion round, but DMU from 2c was the best team in our group, not by a large margin but their overall team play was excellent. DFC is perhaps not the best representation of 2c, but a good veteran group that learned how to win thanks to 45 years of experience... :rolleyes:

I think you'd be hard pressed to determine which group was the strongest, as each group had at least two strong teams,

The weakest might be 2b, after aldergrove and Columbia (Who I don't figure as a 2nd place team) you have a 10 point spread to 3rd. Then again how strong was 2a? Athletics and Royals ran away with it leaving everyone else in the dust. Do you consider it strong because of two excellent teams?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You probably just summed up exactly why div 2 should be cut in half next year. 16, 20 teams max.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Titans are a hard working team with lots of young bodies. I felt that we outplayed them in the first half but ran out of gas in the second half with four starters missing due to red cards. Both of their goals were due to goalkeeper error. We had to sign a guy who hadn't played for 20 years because one guy went to Cuba, another had a red card and another tore his bicipital tendon earlier in the season. No excuses, we have nobody to blame but ourselves and best of luck to the Titans. When we left the field it was Delta Metro 3, Trinity 2. I think it will be a close match in the final as both Delta Metro and Titans are similar in that they don't have any superstars but are young and work hard and make lots of substitutes.

Best of luck to all teams left. Signing out for until next season.

JTL
does dfc have any superstars?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0